No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4:56am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined me for 24 hours of wellness:
    [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

It appears as though I mixed up who was using mouse traps [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] lol, [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] usually post before you in the mornings so I thought it was her that posted about the traps lol.
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Rava, thinking of you 🙏

Starting to talk about migrating north. I guess it's time, although I'm not ready. Our weather is finally getting warmer and it's still cold back home.

Hope we all have an easy day! I'll take one!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and hugs to Rava. Another twenty four for me. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Hey Cafe this is a late check in for me. Thanks to all for the good wishes and prayers. I got her into hospice today on lots of meds, she is in kidney failure, Has some fractures from a hard fall and broke bones in her foot, neck and eye. She is very agitated and hospice will get her medicated for pain management. The hospital nurse told me that about 75% of the families refuse morphine and want further testing to keep their loved ones alive for as long as possible, I am all about comfort and want my mom to go out peacefully. This has been so hard but I am fighting for a peaceful death. She is 88 and had a good life. So many people second guessing me (my mothers friends because she was so healthy until her fall). They can all take a hike, Im doing what she wanted, no diaylisis and do not resuscitate, it’s so hard but in my heart I’m doing this for her, my final act of love . My tears flow but I am strong. No drinking today.

Comment

Rava, I went through this just shy of two years ago. Hospice was wonderful. They told me morphine would make my mom comfortable and that’s what I did. Sending you and your mom light, and prayers. I want you know you are a good daughter. God bless!
              Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Oh Rava, my heart goes out to you and your mom. I definitely agree with you about the use of morphine in cases like this. It will help ease the anxiety and pain, making her final moments much more peaceful. I applaud you for being so strong and resisting the urge to drink. Hugs...

Yes [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], I'm a little lonely at times but I'm ok with it and Mr. J should be back in 10 days.

Yesterday it was 50° and sunny, this morning it's 25° with an inch of snow on the ground. Hmm...

24 more for all of us please...

Comment

5:25am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

[MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]

Comment

🙏s and strength [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]...

Comment

:hug: Rava, you are a good and loving daughter. You and your mom continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.

No problem about the mix up, Cowboy! I quite understand.

Guess who finally got Covid? I've been under the weather since Monday night. I don't usually keep a fever for more than 24 hours, but I've had one since then so I decided to do a home covid test. It came up positive. I suggested Mr. D do the same and he was also positive. I had to cancel my volunteer work and my Homakers club meeting. My Dr. prescribed paxlovid.

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
                      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Oh no!! Sorry about the vid, Dill. It's just a matter of time before it gets us all.

Rava, hold your ground. You are doing the best, loving thing you can do for your sweet mama. I hope my children will do the same for me some day. 🙏

Jude, our weather flipped too. Yesterday 82 today 60, cloudy and a bit drizzly. Strange weather for sure!

I'll take another day!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and hugs to Rava. Another twenty four for moi. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Comment

[MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], so sorry to hear that you and Mr. D caught the Rona virus and that you both have a mild case with a quick recovery.

Thinking of you [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]...

24 more please...

Comment

5:25am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

[MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]

Comment

Darn, that's a downer about the covid [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], you guys rest up and hopefully a speedy recovery.

Comment

Working...
                                X