~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good afternoon Cafe friends. Thank you for the congratulations. 13 years, wow. So, I’ll head into year 14 with another 24. Blessings x

“Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Originally posted by Rava View Post
      Warmer weather and sunshine makes for a happy mood.
      No doubt! We finally had one of those total sunshine blue sky days today, just about warm enough to go out in shorts and t-shirt, the best I've felt in a while (and didn't even need alcohol to get there, haha) !

Comment

Rava, glad that you dumped the bottle of wine. You've got this!

Congrats techie on 13 years! That's quite an accomplishment!

24 more please...

Comment

5:31am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined me for 24 hours of wellness:
          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Techie. Congrats on 13 years!! Huge accomplishment for sure! Much better waking up without all the alcohol running thru my body, heading to the gym today and then out to lunch with friends. Half of them drink but I am happy with Diet Coke with a wedge of lime. It seems strange but when I crave drinking it’s usually to drink alone not with others. I cant embarrass myself if others aren’t involved. Importance of structure and staying busy are key for me. Wishing everyone a great a sober day. 24 more please and thank you.

Comment

Enjoy your day, Rava. Sounds like fun!

Picking up the three youngest Grands from school. (12,13,14 yo) and crafting for a couple hours. Should be fun!

I'll take another day!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends. Off to host workshop. Will check back later. 24 more. Blessings x

“Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Techie, congrats on 13 years! Wonderful! And thank you for the daily quotes. Today's really resonated with me.

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
                  Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Ginger, hope that you enjoyed the day with your grandkids yesterday!

Last night we had our 99 year old friend over for dinner, and it was warm enough to eat outside on the back porch. Sooo nice!

I'm in for another 24 hours...

Comment

It was warm and sunny here too, Jude. We sat outside and enjoyed the sun.

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
                      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning cafe. Yesterdays lunch was nice but a few of the men including the driver had a lot to drink. As we were leaving the driver started to get in the drivers seat saying he was fine to drive, maybe he was but I spoke up and said I was not comfortable with him driving us. Mr. R drove us home. Thankfully we were not put in a situation that could have turned south. I can’t believe the wives didn’t bat an eye about him driving. I am not getting in the car stone sober with someone that has been drinking all day! The drivers tolerance is very high so he did not act drunk but it doesn’t take much to make a stupid decision while driving 75 mph on an interstate, ok enough about that. Hope everyone has a great and sober day, headed to the gym.

Comment

5:29am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined me for 24 hours of wellness:
                          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

That took courage [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], I'm glad you spoke up to ensure a safe ride home.

Bet you're enjoying your time with the gkids [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]

Not quite warm enough to sit outside here yet, but it's getting there [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] and [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION].

Comment

I had a great time with my budding teenagers! They still like to hang out with the old folks and for that I'm thankful and blessed.

Rava, good job on NOT getting in the car, regardless of the guy's tolerance. No sense taking a chance when you don't have to!

I'll happily take another day. ☺️

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends. Good job, Rava. Proof that we all make our best decisions when sober. Another 24 for me. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Off on a long run and then the bike later today!

Comment

Working...
                                X