~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Rava, thank you for sharing that thought yesterday. It was really inspiring. I'm going to read it again before I log out of here today.

Jude, thank you for the eagle story. I know we have them here now too, which is exciting, but I have never seen one. Mr. D has tho.

Today will be a very good day to enjoy sobriety and wellness.
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Rava, how did you like yoga? My "old people" exercise is fun. I'm not much of a "joiner" but I'm glad I stepped outside my comfort zone and tried.

ABC, thanks for the chuckle about costco. Our first trip after getting home from AZ almost required a second mortgage!

I see snow in the foothills around us. Hope it stays there! I'll take another day. 😊

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends. My oncology visit is done. It appears that the radiation did not get all the cancer. I will have another PSMA PET Scan. Probably more radiation but that determination is for another day. We are spending day with our granddaughter and going home tomorrow. Not stressing about any of this. Another 24 for me. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Ahh techie, so sorry that the treatment didn't get all of the cancer. Please keep us posted as to the next step, and keep your chin up. You are strong and can beat this! :hug:

24 more please and thank you.

Comment

5:29am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined me for 24 hours of wellness:
            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I am sending positive thoughts and prayers your way, Techie.:heartbeat:

I don't shop at Costco. I guess that's a good thing! Our nearest Costco is 30 minutes away. I sometimes shop at a local Sam's Club as a guest of my friend. I find that I just don't need to buy so much at a time anymore. I do enjoy some of the buys I find at Sam's when I am there with my friend.

24 more hours of wellness and peace for all of us here, please and thank you.
              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Not the best news about the cancer [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], but your fighting spirit will get you through whatever is next.

You were right a Ginger999, darn near had to take out a second mortgage lol. I can't believe how much the prices have increased on most everything. We're pretty careful when we shop at Costco [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]. Some stuff is okay to buy in large quantities that have long shelf life such as their paper products, but there are also lots of good deals that aren't good deals if the product spoils before you use it all.

We'll be missing our Saturday afternoon movie matinee and popcorn today as we're headed back to Vermilion for an old friend's memorial service. We haven't seen him for quite a while, but we did spend a lot of time with him and his wife years ago. He was 80 and had Alzheimer's. He was in the same long term care center that Bubba's dad was in and I did see him there a couple of times but he didn't remember me.

Then later we're headed for the Spring Fling Dine and Dance at the Senior's Center here in town. Going to enjoy a great meal then lots of dancing, and all the events there are alcohol free!
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. So sorry Techie. Sending thoughts and prayers your way. Your continued strong and positive attitude will add to your beating this!! F Cancer!! Ginger, I prefer Zumba to yoga, the yoga to me is boring and I can?t do half the poses. Cowboy, I love Costco, just started going with my neighbor and I?m going to use her card when she travels north. I hope everyone has a great and sober day. I?m including a picture from yesterday on our crystal clear Gulf of Mexico. 24 more please and thank you. . Sorry it?s crooked!!
                  Last edited by Rava; April 22, 2023, 07:29 AM.

Comment

[MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], you got this. Your positive attitude will definitely help with your journey through this trying time. Prayers _/\_

Rava, of all our US travels, I've never found a more beautiful coast line as the Gulf. I'd go there every winter, if I could talk Hubby into it.

Off to shuttle cars for my son and his family for a through hike then a baseball tournament for my gdaughter. Busy day! Best get after it.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends. I am fine with it all. Another 24 for moi. I wish you all the best day possible. Thank you all for your continued support. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

5:28am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined me for 24 hours of wellness:
                        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

It's time for some breakfast...

Comment

Slept in today, what a great feeling!

Everything here is blooming, and the trees are a bright green with all of the new leaves. Life is good!

I'm ready for another 24!

Comment

Yay! I'm here for breakfast! Thanks cowboy... delish!

Comment

I'm glad you slept in [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] and got to enjoy some breakfast!

The memorial service went well and got to visit with a lot of folks we haven't seen in a long time. It was great fun chatting and finding out where life has taken them. The Dine and Dance was excellent as well. Didn't stay out too late but my feet are telling me I spent a lot of time on the dance floor lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X