~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning and thanks for the beautiful picture Techie. It looks like a post card! Wishing everyone a great day! 24 more please and thank you!

Comment

Lovely pic, Techie. Beautiful place to walk.

Off to workout. I'll gladly take another day!

Comment

Good morning Cade friends. I had the best front nine yesterday. Best I ever played here. Did well on the back but I think I tired a bit. I ran early before golf and I am still dealing with radiation tiredness. I happily accept another 24. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Well, I went to my first AA meeting yesterday as I have been struggling lately. I walked into a roomful of older men, and boy was I intimidated. As it turns out they were very warm and welcoming, and it wasn't long before I relaxed and shared my story. I was always put off by AA because I had heard so much about the religious aspect of it, but it was nothing like that, and I will be going back. Hopefully, I can quiet these demons in my head for good.

Humbly asking for another day of peace...

Comment

5:24am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined me for 24 hours of wellness:
            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] @Gnger999 [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I'm glad your first time at an AA meeting was a good experience for you [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]. The AA group that I went to in Vermilion was small and didn't lean towards a religious aspect either. It was more fellowship and sharing, kinda like the Cafe but face to face. It just got too repetitious for me because the group was so small, but it's not like it didn't help me because it did.
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good job facing your apprehension and going to AA, Jude. I hope it helps!

Techie, you're an inspiration. I'll take another one!

Comment

Good job trying out an AA meeting, Jude. I'm glad it was a good experience for you and hope it helps.

Beautiful quote and picture, Techie.

24 more please and thank you.
                  Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends. We do whatever we need to protect and manage our sobriety. It is precious and adds to our quality of life. So. I?ll take another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Holding you in the light, Jude. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Thanks for your support guys, it's truly appreciated. Yes, cowboy, I can see how the meetings could get repetitious, but there are several offered in many of the towns around me, so maybe I'll go to a different one today.

I'm in for another 24 please...

Comment

5:23am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined me for 24 hours of wellness:
                        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Good morning. Jude so glad you are taking matters to stay sober. It seems like each day brings a new challenge. I have a friend that loves her AA women’s group. Maybe you could try that one too. We all need support and need to do what’s best for us! Techie, you are a rock star to me. Keep up the good fight! I hope everyone has a good day. I don’t know if I am the only one but the last 3 days I have been struggling to get on this website. It takes forever for it to find the server. I dont have this problem with any other site. Is anyone else having this issue? 24 more for me please and thank you.

Comment

Not a bad idea to check out a few different groups [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], they can be quite different depending on what type of meetings they have. Find which ones you are comfortable with and attend as many as you want.

Off to the farm today to get my home away from home opened up and aired out. Sounds like it's a good chance that we'll start seeding sometime next week.

Edit to add: I did have a bit of a problem for a day or two after they changed servers [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], but it's been working pretty good for me lately. Maybe try clearing your browser history and cache?
                            Last edited by abcowboy; April 27, 2023, 06:37 AM.

Comment

I've not had a noticeable problem logging in. Just a little problem just after they changed servers.

Volunteering was good today. Kept up and even pace and people were generally friendly and sharing pleasantries. The hospital finally dropped the mask policy. Now masks are optional. It's really nice to be able to see people's smiles again.

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
                              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good afternoon Cafe friends. I too have login issues and it is daily. So, now that I’m here I’ll take another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Rinse lather & repeat as necessary…

Comment

Working...
                                X