No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

“Most things worth doing never go quite the way they were planned. The challenge is to ignore the distractions, overcome the obstacles and stay focused on the goal.”

6:15am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
    [MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=16893]Wildflowers[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I've only been in front of a judge twice Ory, once when I was 16 for "Driving With Undue Consideration of Others" (I was also drinking, but they didn't get me for that) and when my divorce hearing was held. I didn't have much luck either time lol.
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Yikes Ori, glad it turned out ok-ish,my coworker just got out of a 5 day jail stint for a speeding ticket from a year ago she forgot about, they don't play around here
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Please, I humbly ask for 24 AF hours. Thank you!...

[MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] geeze what pain in the arese. It's all about $ and the govt can't get enough of it. You'd think after all this time they'd be expunged. To get slapt with contempt. Sorry for your troubles. But getting back $500 sounds good. Great example of a good attitude. I dont like asking people for help either. Don't want to trouble others. Sometimes it's necessary. Can you call Uber? I usually take magnesium at bed time. Insomniac for decades. Now I'm wondering if that ticket in CA as a teen is still floating in their database. I've been to court five times over the same issue. A drug and alcohol counselor ran into me in the parking lot at OP- rebab in 2008. She fired her first attorney. The second was a real brute. I had victim assistance support. I've been lucky as I was certainly owed a few DUI's. Hope everything turns out well. Or the best possible outcome.

[MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION] your breakfast and especially lunch sounds good. Say that about lunch as its lite. Still full from yesterday to Mr V. I ended up baking two peach pies from all our food conversations. Been watering since 6:15. Can't wait to see our water bill. :egad:. Looking forward to cooler weather. Have to pick up personal items for a customer soon. Help her with more personal things. Have a good one out there. Be safe!... :love:
          Last edited by Wildflowers; August 11, 2017, 10:38 AM.

Comment

Wow, those are some pretty hair-raising court stories! I've had tickets but never had to appear. The tickets were all for speeding, LOL! Luckily I never got pulled over for DUI, but I owe that to the fact that we live out in the country so not a lot of traffic. Plus, I never tended to speed when under the influence. At least I had that much sense! Fear of impaired driving is one reason why I ended up becoming an at home drinker tho. I don't know if any of you would agree, but I think it is almost harder to quit drinking when your habit is mostly in the home. You can't stop going there, like you can bars, parties, etc. Perhaps it is why I have had such a long road.

Yes, I do believe I will have another 24, please.
            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Geez, I'm almost ashamed to admit that I was an "anywhere" drinker! At home, in the truck, at the farm, with friends, out for supper, parties, etc. But I guess I preferred to drink by myself, alone at the farm. Didn't have to worry about what others thought about me that way.....

Comment

Did a lot of drinking by myself. Home, motels etc and had some fav pubs in the city but very expensive. Enjoyed a beautiful salmon with coleslaw and chips and no beer this sat evening. Another 24 is looking good

Comment

4:43 in Vegas another 24 please,when drinking was still"fun" hubs and I would go out all the time,concerts,comedy shows,festivals, etc,when the drink got bad for me he couldn't take me anywhere anymore and I didn't want to go anyways so like [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] I became an at homer too

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I drank anywhere, anytime, but then mostly at home, it was easier. Just "fell asleep" in my chair watching tv. Had a DUI when I was 20, forty years ago, didn't slow me down a bit, lots of friends had one too, didn't think much of it at the time, but now I realize how foolish I was. So glad I never hurt anyone.
                    Ori, sorry about the court trouble what a mess.
                    Got up this morning and the dog had an accident, lovely.
                    Blew a radiator hose in the car on the way to work yesterday, so now I have to deal with getting the car towed and repaired. Fun morning so far. Just glad I'm sober, doesn't seem like too big a deal, if I was hungover, lookout.
                    24 more please.

Comment

“Wake up with determination. Go to bed with satisfaction.”

6:40am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                      [MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=16893]Wildflowers[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Car troubles eh Mr V, I remember a saying that my good friend said about women and vehicles, but think I'll just keep it to myself lol. I remember a time when I used to do all my own vehicle maintenance and repair work, not anymore, getting too old to crawl over, under, or around a vehicle now lol.
                      Last edited by abcowboy; August 12, 2017, 07:48 AM.

Comment

Really want and committed to 24 hours of no poisonous/ethanol. Please and thank you. Mainly drank at home. Due to fears of DUI. There were times I drank in AM. Flaked out on jobs. Tho, one of my last benders was at a sports bar that I worked at many moons ago. Ran into some old customers. Knew the bartender. I'd drank wine before I arrived and stuck with it at bar. People bought me shots and thankfully I turned them down. I'm sure I would have puked. Danced my self dizzy. People had to drive me home. Ashamed of self. Couldn't look at hubs all day. Mainly stayed in bed that sunny Sat. Cant do this to self anymore!....

Forgot to say yesterday the woman who hit me in parking lot was also in OP rehab. She'd been drinking. Wouldn't exchange Ins info. She didn't believe she hit me. I had no choice to call police and file incident report. She was arrested in class. Fell into wall apon arrising. Found out later she was a drug/alcohol counselor at a local high school. This disease can affect anyone.

Sorry for your Sat AM car troubles [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION]. Glad your sober with a cool mind to deal with it. Hope it's nothing serious!

[MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION], your motivating me to eat healthier. It really is so important. It will have to be on partial hold. Due to peach pie. Plus I made a veggie pasta salad to go with BBQ brats. Well, the fresh organic strawberries are healthy. I'm going on a partial celebration of life and picnic at the river later. Having had our beautiful labs ashes for seven years. It's time to let go.

Hope everyone has a good/decent AF Saturday. :love: Cooler weather today. :smile:

PS anyone hear from ssd858, tony, lost soul, Kim? Hope you'll check in soon. We care, are concerned. Whether your drinking or not you are missed. No judgement!... :hug:
                        Last edited by Wildflowers; August 12, 2017, 10:32 AM.

Comment

Stopped at a fruit stand on the way home from clothes shopping today. Bought 3 pounds of fresh picked peaches. MMmmmmm! We'll probably just eat them fresh, not use them in pie.

Wow, [MENTION=16893]Wildflowers[/MENTION], that story of the lady who hit you in the parking lot was really sad! Maybe the consequences she faced from that helped her turn herself around.

For today, I'll commit to another 24 guilt/shame free hours!
                          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Wow wild. Moving to the country ,going to eat a lot of peaches. That song by United States of America lol. I had salad sandwich 4 lunch and steak with veggies for tea. Another 24 sounds good

YouTube
                            Last edited by Neo; August 13, 2017, 05:35 AM.

Comment

I'd love 24 hours..

Comment

4:53 am in Vegas another 24 please

Comment

Working...
                                X