~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Off to the coast for 2wks! If I miss check in, just know I'm out here staying strong!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends. Another 24 please. Thanks for breakfast, Cowboy. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION], we would love to have you all join us here at the cafe! There's always chairs available, and the army's sense of humor is always welcome.

Rainy and muggy this morning, but I'm thankful, because now I don't have to weed the gardens.

I'm in for another 24 hours of serenity.

Comment

5:22am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined us for 24 hours of wellness:
          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Hi, another army brat, looking for a new home. Thanks for letting us in. I like to check in daily and it has been impossible on our old thread. Like Jude I am in for another 24 hours of serenity.

Comment

Have a great time on the coast [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]!

Ah, fresh veggies from the garden is always great [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], it's the weeding that isn't so great lol.

Nice to have you guys us [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION] and [MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION]! Make sure the rest of your gang moves over if they want, and jump in on our conversations any time you want and we'll do the same!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning all and nice to see a few new faces in the Cafe! Welcome!

Ginger I envy you your two weeks on the coast. Enjoy!

Another good quote, Techie. Regret is a tough emotion to carry around.

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Welcome Army folks. The more the merrier here in the Cafe!

Made it to the coast safe and sound.

Thanks for the quote, Techie. As always, it hit the spot.

I'll take another day!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and Army brethren. Golfing this morning. Another 24 please. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

I found yiz at last!

Think it's about living soberly One Day At A time [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION], or maybe it's the cafes opening hours!

Thanks for having us Cowboy :heartbeat: This will be a new adventure
                      I'll call out a few more so they can follow the link [MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION] [MENTION=778]molly[/MENTION] [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION]
                      AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Wow, I'm shocked, posts actually work here!!
                        AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Originally posted by satz123
                          So can someone explain what Cattlemen / Cafes / 24 hours have to do with a bunch of alkies getting together ? As we hang by our fingernails to the remnants of MWO.
                          Never quite got the hang of that title.
                          Just a wild guess but there are a few folks from Alberta (Cattle Country) on here, as well as our faithfull leader is into farming...
                          And the 24 hours thing, is just a check in for another 24 hours of sobriety.
                          Last edited by Mulburry; August 7, 2023, 09:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by abcowboy View Post
                            Thanks for your inspiring words [MENTION=17161]briseus[/MENTION]
                            I did cut back on the gum yesterday [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] and just used a regular gum instead, didn't seem to bother me at all so I'll go with that till the Nicorette's are gone and then just stick to regular chewing gum for any cravings that I might experience.
                            Corticosteroid spray? Ya I'm on one right now as well. Unfortunately a few weeks after starting it I got sick (sinus infection I think) and haven't been able to get over it, it's been lingering for weeks now. So I'm starting to wonder if the spray is doing something that's making me even more susceptible than normal (maybe because it's dried out my nose so much...). I think I'll have to quit it, which sucks, because I was really hoping the spray would help. Anyways I have doc appointment next week and will see what they say. Also, if your sore/dry throat only started after using the spray, it's possible the spray is causing a dry throat (not a medical opinion though)...

P.S. Sounds like you're mostly over the nicotine withdrawal hump then? Congrats that's another huge one to beat!
                            Last edited by Mulburry; August 7, 2023, 09:55 PM.

Comment

Hello, another stray crashing here if thats OK? Hope I dont wreck it !

Cowboy, I also am an avid Nico chewer. Have been for about 30 years and have probably only quit it once in that time for a few weeks. I think its more addictive than cigs or at least on a par. I also vape which I know is not good. Well done for doing the swap out. Let us know how you get on.

Sinus sprays are also a nightmare for nasal tissues. Has anyone tried a Neti pot to flush sinuses?

Comment

Welcome [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION], [MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION], and [MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION]! By all means, get the rest of the gang over here. You don't want to miss cowboy's fantastic breakfasts on Sunday mornings.

Still going to AA meetings and finding peace there; never thought that I'd be saying that.

No booze in sight for the next 24 hours. As they say...ODAT.

Comment

Working...
                                X