Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

It's great to see all you folks!

I'll have another 24 please and thank you.
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:29am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined me for 24 hours of wellness:
      [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION] [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION] [MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

A big WELCOME to all the newcomers, it's great to see you all here! Both [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION] and [MENTION=9508]Ian[/MENTION]Mary were right about the Cafe and 24 Hour Club. Not sure what it's like across the pond, but in most parts over here every town/city has that one Cafe that lots of folks gather in for coffee to discuss what's happening in the world. In Vegreville it's the local A&W. I've been invited to join in with the other old timers who go for coffee every morning at 9:00am but have only made it to a few. Everything is open for discussion except politics and religion, and as you can see the current discussion is about my nose and throat problems lol. It's not easy getting old lol.

That's exactly what my nose spray is as well [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION], I'll give it the 3 months Doc wants me to, and hopefully we can get the situation resolved without surgery. Once I get those things under control it's off to the dentist to get new teeth, something else I'm not looking forward to lol.

I did try the nasal flush for a while [MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION] but it didn't seem to do anything, hence the visit to the Dr.
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Finally have some internet. Wow I can’t believe how much I have missed it. Staying with the grands today thus internet. We have the cable company coming to hook us up on Friday!! Wishing everyone a great and sober day!! 24 more!

Comment

Originally posted by Rava View Post
            Good morning Cafe. Finally have some internet. Wow I can?t believe how much I have missed it. Staying with the grands today thus internet. We have the cable company coming to hook us up on Friday!! Wishing everyone a great and sober day!! 24 more!
            Afternoon all

Thanks for the warm welcome and the explanation on the name. Look forward to getting to know you all and to Cowboys breakfasts. When I lived in Montreal we had a newcomers club and one of the events was breakfast. Loved it. Brunch is a big thing here at the moment. I live about 40 minutes from Dublin. Mary, Molly, Satz, Tabs are also Irish.

Comment

It's great seeing all the new folks joining us!

[MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION], I bought a Navage. It's a lightly pressurized netty pot. It's worked magic for me. You can bypass having to use their specialized pods, they are too spendy.

Gorgeous here on the Washington coast. Extended forecast is lovely. I'll definitely take another 24!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and those friends from The Army Barracks. Another very hot day today. I had another great round of golf yesterday. 38 front and 36 back. So, I will take another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Last edited by techie; August 8, 2023, 10:58 AM.
                Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Thanks for the lovely welcome everyone.
                  I need to report a meltdown at work today. Pressure has been building in my part time job in financial services. Workload getting bigger the more the cost of living bites. Business is of course wanting efficiencies and results in short space of time. I am approaching 60 in 3 weeks and do not have have the energy or the drive to change things up and take on more responsibility any more. I was expected to chair a new meeting of lots of dept heads and get them to buy into new ways of working. That is not me, I do not like management and I do not like the unknown. I enjoy working behind the scenes in more of a supporting role. Happy with large workload but not gut wrenching stress wondering if I am going to fail at something. Anyway, I had to say something to my boss. Fortunately she is very accommodating and accepted my explanation. I think I need to think more if I can retire.

Sorry for the rant, its been brewing for a while

I have heard great things about Neti etc and actually seen them being used by another person which wasn't pleasant but seemed effective :haha:

Comment

Good morning cafe! [MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION] Sorry to hear that your job is so stressful at the moment. I'm like you in that I'm a follower, not a leader. Change is also hard on me the older I get. At least you have a boss that seems to understand your situation, but the question now is will she do anything about it? It might do you well to take a hard look at your finances to determine whether or not you can retire.

Glad that you got your internet back Rava. I'd be pulling my hair out if I couldn't get online.

Looking forward to another day of peace and serenity.

Comment

Originally posted by Jude58 View Post
                      Looking forward to another day of peace and serenity.
                      Good morning Jude and all to come. Love the sentiments expressed on this thread. We all need peace and serenity in our lives. Sorry you are going through that stress at work Starty. My place has been the same. Off now for nearly three weeks and really need it. Only work the two days and have just over three years to retirement if I stick it that long.

No internet is a pain Rava, glad you got sorted. Waves to everyone else.

Comment

5:16am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined me for 24 hours of wellness:
                        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Great thing to have your internet up and running now [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], not sure how anyone can live without it anymore with most things being online now. So I take it you're all moved in now and making the place look like yours?

There's nothing worse than having to go to work if you don't enjoy it [MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION]. Sounds like you've got a good supervisor though and that sure helps.

Enjoy your 3 weeks off [MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION], any plans on getting away or doing something special on your break?

Our 5 day country fair kicks off today at 11:00am starting with the parade. Unfortunately it's supposed to rain today and tomorrow, hopefully it'll hold off so we can enjoy going and watching the parade. And it looks like they'll get a few days of sunshine for everyone to enjoy the fair rides and outdoor activities. Years back we looked forward to going to the fair each day, but mostly it was for the beer gardens and dance lol. Now I can't handle the crowds and noise anymore, much less the beer gardens.

Comment

Our county fair was last week and I did not participate this year. Last year I sat at our Homemaker's Club booth and taught youngsters how to sew on buttons. That was enough to last me two year's worth!

Starty, hope your situation improves at you work now that you have spoken up. I've been retired 10 years now. I made it to age 62 before I retired, but I was definitely feeling the stress the last two years. Plus, there was always some new layer of management adding new layers of paperwork to justify their existence. Never seemed to improve the quality of our services, IMO. I'm sure they'd beg to differ!

24 more for all of us, please and thank you.
                            Last edited by dill; August 9, 2023, 07:37 AM.
                            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning all!

I made it to 58 but couldn't have done it without hubby. I'm 67 and on my own, I'd still be working! Oh lord, I shutter to think. [MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION], I hope you get the work situation sorted out soon!

Sure enjoying the break from the heat back home! Played a round of golf and played a game of pickle ball yesterday, without being drenched in sweat!

Waves to all my Cafe friends, old and new! I'll take another day.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends. Good luck with the work sitz Starts. Another 24 here please. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Working...
                                X