No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4:52am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined me for 24 hours of wellness:
    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] mollyka [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION] [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION] [MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

I just realized that I haven't checked in the last couple of days. I know I wrote a post on Wednesday, but I forgot to hit the post reply button apparently. Yesterday I just didn't have time in the morning due to volunteering and when I got home i just forgot. Well, here I am today and I am hoping for another 24 hours of freedom and living in the light.
      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Originally posted by dill View Post
        I just realized that I haven't checked in the last couple of days. I know I wrote a post on Wednesday, but I forgot to hit the post reply button apparently. Yesterday I just didn't have time in the morning due to volunteering and when I got home i just forgot. Well, here I am today and I am hoping for another 24 hours of freedom and living in the light.
        Easy to forget when busy Dill. Afternoon everyone else. A lot of you seem busy with your gardens, enjoy.

Storm Betty I think is about to hit here so the poor gardens are going to get a thrashing. Just back from the west, lovely bright morning down there but you could see you were driving back to rain. Was very lucky with my few days away so can?t complain. Did not get into the RDS this year Mary, daughter was working. Enjoyed the Connemara one yesterday though.

Comment

Morning all! Off for a hike shortly. Nice to wake up with a clear head! I'll take another.

Comment

It's wild out there. Well, by our standards, we don't really get extremes.
            Had to do our long run in the lashings of rain and wind.. its fine when your in it. Everyone talking about their wine reward afterwards, yawn, so unoriginal!
            My sister is doing a half iron man tomorrow in Cork , but storm Betty might have other plans.

Love a good homemade salsa too Jude. That must be very satisfying growing your own.

24 more please at Cafe cowboy.
            AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Sounds like the weather across the pond is pretty nasty. Hope that it doesn't destroy too many gardens.
              [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION], I live in a very rural area in upstate N.Y. on a few acres of land. I feel very fortunate to be able to have several gardens, and lots of room for the dogs to run on. (they are border collies so they need it) I don't have the salsa recipe handy, but some of the ingredients are onions, garlic, tomatoes, lemon juice, and mild green chiles. We blanche the corn, cut off the kernels, and put it in small bags, then pop them in the freezer. This way we have corn year-round, and it tastes almost as fresh as the day it was picked. Yummy!

24 more please...

Comment

[MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION], are you into horses?

Comment

4:57am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined me for 24 hours of wellness:
                  [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22365]rus[/MENTION]top999 [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION] [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I wondered where you got to [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], how are your fruit trees this year? We only have apple trees and it doesn't look like quite as good as last year, probably due to the dry spring.

Hope y'all across the pond don't get hit too hard by the storm, stay safe at least.

Adam and I are off today on a scouting trip down in the central south region of the province looking for antelope. After 18 years of putting in for a draw, him, Joel, and I were finally successful! Joel is a very good friend of the family, Adam's best friend I would say, and he used to hunt deer/moose with us every year before he moved down to Wainwright. We'll be looking for good antelope country and a place to set up the camper for the week long hunt at the end of September. We'll be stopping in at a few of the area farmers to see about hunting permission on land down in that area. I also got drawn for moose so the freezer should be well-stocked with meat this winter if the hunting season is successful.

Comment

Good morning and happy Saturday. 24 more please!

Comment

Cowboy, our peach and nectarine trees didn't produce this year. But our apple and pear trees are loaded! The tomatoes, garlic, onions and peppers are abundant so we put up 12 pints of salsa last week. I hope your hunting is successful and you fill your freezers to the brim! It sounds like you will enjoy the experience in any event!

Rava, are you back home in Florida yet? The kids have all started back to school around here. Summer is winding down.

You folks across the pond, hang onto your hats and stay safe!

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
                        Last edited by dill; August 19, 2023, 06:40 AM.
                        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Originally posted by satz123
                          Oh Judy - that just sounds idyllic.
                          Coming from the city I get very excited to see any actual fruit growing on actual trees. When I go to Greece on holiday I'm like a child with figs, lemons just overhanging along the street.
                          I ADORE peaches but they don't grow in Ireland. Apples Pears Plums etc we get lots of different berries but the rest of the fruit is imported.

The weather is so shite - we'll be lucky to get anything this year.
                          What do you put in the salsa?

AND what do you do with all the corn?
                          I have copious amounts of apples and (still to be ripened -- didn't work last year) pears.... Jilly has plums and Adam has cherries -- I have lots of berries -- raspberries, strawberries, tame blackberries - and wild, blueberries and mountains of blackcurrants which I get loads of use out of -- make blackcurrant jus, jam, and just as is for breakfast.... love all that stuff... - I use about one lemon a week so much as I'd love to have them hanging all over the place -- think they'd end up like the tomatoes!!!
                          Originally posted by Jude58 View Post
                          Sounds like the weather across the pond is pretty nasty. Hope that it doesn't destroy too many gardens.
                          [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION], I live in a very rural area in upstate N.Y. on a few acres of land. I feel very fortunate to be able to have several gardens, and lots of room for the dogs to run on. (they are border collies so they need it) I don't have the salsa recipe handy, but some of the ingredients are onions, garlic, tomatoes, lemon juice, and mild green chiles. We blanche the corn, cut off the kernels, and put it in small bags, then pop them in the freezer. This way we have corn year-round, and it tastes almost as fresh as the day it was picked. Yummy!

24 more please...
                          The salsa sounds like a great idea -- might actually do something this afternoon -- still have the house to myself so need to push myself to actually DO something!

Originally posted by abcowboy View Post
                          I wondered where you got to [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], how are your fruit trees this year? We only have apple trees and it doesn't look like quite as good as last year, probably due to the dry spring.

Hope y'all across the pond don't get hit too hard by the storm, stay safe at least.

Adam and I are off today on a scouting trip down in the central south region of the province looking for antelope. After 18 years of putting in for a draw, him, Joel, and I were finally successful! Joel is a very good friend of the family, Adam's best friend I would say, and he used to hunt deer/moose with us every year before he moved down to Wainwright. We'll be looking for good antelope country and a place to set up the camper for the week long hunt at the end of September. We'll be stopping in at a few of the area farmers to see about hunting permission on land down in that area. I also got drawn for moose so the freezer should be well-stocked with meat this winter if the hunting season is successful.
                          Is Adam your son Cowboy? I have an Adam too -- he's my eldest - he got married this year to a lovely lass.... he's the sensible one of the family -- honestly don't know where we got him -- I was at my niece's funeral yesterday and all sides of the family were there -- they are all a bit bonkers tbh -- so I fit in just nicely.... often wonder how we appear to others outside the family!!!!
                          Originally posted by dill View Post
                          Cowboy, our peach and nectarine trees didn't produce this year. But our apple and pear trees are loaded! The tomatoes, garlic, onions and peppers are abundant so we put up 12 pints of salsa last week. I hope your hunting is successful and you fill your freezers to the brim! It sounds like you will enjoy the experience in any event!

Rava, are you back home in Florida yet? The kids have all started back to school around here. Summer is winding down.

You folks across the pond, hang onto your hats and stay safe!

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
                          Storm wasn't too bad this side of the island last night tbh -- think the south and east got it worst unusually -- being on the Atlantic here we usually get battered first!

Howdy everyone -- got fed up posting on my phone so dug out the laptop -- I'll probably torment yiz all day!!!

24 more here PTL!!!
                          Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                          contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Originally posted by Jude58 View Post
                            [MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION], are you into horses?
                            Afternoon all

My daughter is Jude and has two Connemara ponies. I love animals and am happy to tag along to the shows. We survived storm Betty and were very lucky not to loose power. We were also lucky not to have any fallen trees or damage.

Enjoy your trip Cowboy. Hope everyone has a lovely weekend.

Comment

So, is this the ARMY now? Cowboys and Sherman Tanks? It sounds like a new genre.

Not knowing where to start on this thread, I'll just start here.

Hope everyone is escaping the heat/floods/tornados/hurricanes/wild fires. We're in a bit of a rocking chair here weatherwise, but the sky is beginning to get hazy from fires.

I have to get off my dead butt and go to the market today. I'm on a new med that is making me more productive, but weirdly even less social, and I'm a hermit by nature.

Hoping pup and I get to the beach today. I have this standing plan of a mile a day walk. We've got a lovely mile to walk, and both of us (Mazie, my pup) need to lose some pounds. Only did it once.

Maybe today, I'll do one or both. Here's to hoping. :fingers:
                              --

Dragster

"Never laugh at live dragons."
                              ― J. R. R. Tolkien

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
                                I have lots of berries -- raspberries, strawberries, tame blackberries - and wild, blueberries and mountains of blackcurrants which I get loads of use out of -- make blackcurrant jus, jam, and just as is for breakfast.... love all that stuff...
                                That's great! I've been making freezer jam with my mom, using our own garden raspberries and red currents (the back currents didn't really turn out his year), as well as wild blackberries (there are so many around here- I laugh when I see them sold in stores).

In weather news, we now have thick chocking smoke out here, but at least there's no fire right on our doorstep out here in Hope, while it seems like the whole rest of the province is burning to the ground.

Comment

Working...
                                X