~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning Cafe. I’m in agreement with everyone that fall is the best season. We are driving back down south today. one hour into a 16 hour trip. Ugh!! Will probably stop and spend the night somewhere along the way. We want to beat the tropical storm headed our way on Tuesday, wishing everyone a great and sober day. I will admit I have screwed up a few times over my summer. I am focused and and all wine is gone. Working on getting my head on straight, I know what to do, it’s just a matter of doing the right thing.

Comment

Cowboy, it sure seems like harvest time came faster than ever! I hope your harvest goes smoothly and you enjoy the peace and tranquility and the view from your perch in the combine!

Rava, you had a lot of change to deal with this summer and perhaps never had a chance to set a healthy routine for yourself. We are such creatures of habit and routine! Soon you'll be back home and regaining your stride. Safe travels to you and Mr. R.

I've been noticing the flocks of Canadian geese heading southward too, Jude. Sigh.

Hope we all have good weather and 24 hours of freedom.
      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends. I love the fall. Like Mary, I also love rain. I remember when living in Scottsdale going three months without even a cloud. Can one get sick of sunshine? I did. However, the four seasons are the best and I have that here in The Sierras. Another 24. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Happy anniversary [MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION]! I really envy that you are able to walk on the beach. I grew up near the ocean in New England, and spent a lot of time on the beach when I was young. I love where I live now, but often miss the tangy smell of salt in the air.

Rava, safe travels and hopefully when you are back home you can stay away from the booze. Whenever I'm stressed, the first thing that I think of is how nice it would be to escape with a bottle of wine, but the hangovers just aren't worth it!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

5:33am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined me for 24 hours of wellness:
            [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Alrighty, it's time for some breakfast!

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Have a safe trip [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], I'm sure you'll get back on track once you're back home.

Yep, harvest is a few days early this year [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]. Took a while to get back into the swing of things yesterday, but had a good day overall.

I too love the four seasons [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], but they seem to be getting more extreme each year.

Comment

Yippee~ I'm the first one here to be able to dig in to another Cowboy Sunday special! Thanks Cowboy. Yum! Eggs over easy and home fries are my absolute favorites.

We once had a member on here who I communicated with a lot in PMs and she lived in Cornwall. I would absolutely love to live there! I miss her, but she was doing well when we last communicated. Techie, I wonder if I shouldn't have opted for the Sierra's at some point in my life. However, although Ohio is not spectacular, it definitely has it's charms and as long as I can get to the shores of Lake Erie every now and then (I lived near it growing up) I'm happy to be here.

24 hours of freedom for all of us here, please and thank you.
                  Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Yummy, brekkie, ABC. I'll take that and another day. :~)

Comment

Good morning Cafe and thanks for the breakfast Cowboy! Just 3 more hours of driving to be home! Thanks for the good wishes, Im gonna get right back on my schedule and routine. When I worked I seemed like I had less screw ups because I could not afford to be hungover, as I get older I realize that the hangovers are brutal. Just because I dont have a job does not mean I can be irresponsible and sloppy. I am just a freaking slow learner!! But I keep getting back up! Wishing everyone a great day!

Comment

Afternoon everyone

Thanks for the yummy breakfast Abcowboy, good luck with the harvest. Safe travels Rava. 3 hours takes you nearly the whole way across Ireland. Just back from the west, trying to catch up on laundry. Work in the morning. I?ll take another 24.

Comment

Originally posted by satz123
                          My lovely Mam passed away last night.
                          When I reflect on it she had become a shell of herself and knowing her she would have HATED to see it happen to her ......... so it was time.
                          Here she is in her 80s loving life.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7428[/ATTACH]
                          So so sorry to hear that, may she rest in peace. Deepest sympathy to you and all the family. It really is the long goodbye.

Comment

Good afternoon Cafe friends. My condolences to you and family, Benji. Another 24 please. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

P.S. thank you for brunch, Cowboy!

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Just home...so sorry to hear about your mum Benjy....she was an amazing woman as described by you...may she rest in peace xx
                              Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                              contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION], so sorry to hear about your Mom. I lost mine several years ago and still think of her often.

Our peach tree is loaded with fruit, so yesterday we canned several pints of them. Next on the list is making pesto as our basil plants have gone utterly wild. Busy, but that's ok, as it keep the urge for a drink at bay.

24 more please...

Comment

Working...
                                X