~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Not being able to log in yesterday morning and Saturday all day had me very concerned that the site might be shut down permanently. I was grateful that I had [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION] 's alternative bookmarked and my log in credentials already set up. I was able to go there and shout out to cowboy. He got back to me in a timely manner and told me that he was pretty sure that the site was down for maintenance. I highly recommend everyone go there and get established as well. It was a great relief to me to still be able to see cowboy and [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] there and posting. I checked in there both days.

I completely understood [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION] 's fatigue and her plea to have somebody else to make explanations because she was wiped out emotionally having just lost her mother. But I also know how easily written words can miss the target and how things can go so awry! I hope the army folks will keep posting here with us as they please. They are most welcome!

24 more please and thank you.
    Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Glad to see the site back up! Don't want to ever lose contact with all of you! Headed out tomorrow for our last RV adventure of the season. A week in Northern WA. Should be a great time! I'll take another day!

Comment

So sorry about the site issues. I reached out to Zach immediately, but he was camping and had very limited Internet access. Somehow I did eventually reach him and he managed to restore the issue.

I would NEVER shut down the site to punish a couple of people! We purchased the site from "Roberta" to address the endless drama and trolling that was happening. All of us used to be active users of the forum. We keep it going because it has helped so many people.

As I said before, I am happy to restore Satz. But as I said before I will never tolerate attacks towards myself or anyone else on the site.
        Last edited by Forum Manager; September 4, 2023, 02:53 PM.

Comment

Yep the days are definitely getting shorter @Rava, and up here the mornings are much cooler as well.
          Yup, a couple dark rainy days, with the evenings being so much shorter now, it's suddenly starting almost to feel like winter is beginning to close in, haha. How easy it is to forget that it was still 30C degrees out a couple of days ago. That being said, the rest of the week (sunny in the low 20C's) looks spectacular!

Comment

Good morning cafe! Sitting on the back porch listening to all of the night sounds. It's truly peaceful and a great way to start the day. Temps have been in the upper 80's and the humidity is high. Today and tomorrow are going to be hot, but unfortunately, the canning must go on. Ugh...

24 more please...

Comment

I hear you, Jude! We just had another day of salsa making due to an unexpected gift of fresh tomatoes from a neighbor. I'm glad the preserving season is winding down. But we'll be really happy to have the fruits of our labor over the next several months!

[MENTION=10546]Forum Manager[/MENTION], I really appreciate your continued efforts as well as Zach's. When I couldn't log in recently I didn't necessarily assume that you or Zach had intentionally shut it down. I was worried that something had happened that resulted in myself not being able to access the site but that others were still connected. Or that some troll had hacked the sight. I really am grateful to you both for your continued work.

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
              Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:15am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined me for 24 hours of wellness:
                [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=10546]Forum Manager[/MENTION] [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning. Waking up sober but feel hungover. Stomach bug issues. Ugh. Hope everyone has a great day!! 24 more please and thank you!

Comment

I agree [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], the Support Staff here do a great job at keeping the site up and running, many thanks to them!

You canning ladies are still keeping busy [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], but the fruits of your labor will be enjoyed in the cold winter days ahead of us.

Have a safe trip [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] and enjoy your campout!

And speaking of cold and cooler temps, it's -1C (30F) here this morning. It's too dark out to see if there's any frost and I haven't poked my head out the camper door yet lol

Edit to add: Hopefully you'll feel better later in the day [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]
                    Last edited by abcowboy; September 5, 2023, 06:28 AM.
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

[MENTION=10546]Forum Manager[/MENTION], thank you for all you do!!

Rava, hope you feel better soon. Best test for covid. There's a strain like that going around. Out west anyway!

Gotta hit the road! I'll take another day

Comment

Yup [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], the heat is still brutal here as well. Our trees are still throwing peaches at us, so yesterday we made about 30 pints of jam. The tomatoes will be next, then more applesauce. Lots of work now, but in the end it will be worth it.

Hope that you are feeling better today rava.

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

Yes, it's been brutally hot here too, Jude. I don't envy you canning in this heat, but I do envy your peach jam!

I hope [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] checks in soon because he mentioned that he wasn't sure if he would continue posting going forward. I would miss his daily inspirational quotes. But Techie, if you do decide to quit posting, I hope you will at least stop by the cafe and bids us farewell. :heartbeat:

Not much going on here today but that's ok with me. Another 24 for all of us here, please and thank you.
                          Dill

Comment

5:17am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined me for 24 hours of wellness:
                            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

I'm wondering if [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] didn't join the Army folks in their new FB group? It's a shame that we lost more members, but it is what it is.

It rained a bit overnight, not sure how much as it didn't wake me up. Hopefully enough to shut us down for the day so I can get back to Vegreville for the day and evening. It's been a long stretch of not seeing Bubba! I'll be going home tomorrow night regardless, we're heading to Saskatoon, Saskatchewan on Friday to attend my niece's wedding on Saturday, then driving back Sunday.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. I hope everyone comes back to this group. I feel bad as I was the one that mentioned I didn’t like the negativity brought to this group. I had absolutely no intention of adding to a shit storm. I have read their thread and still don’t really understand what was going on and it’s really none of my business. All I know is that they are very passionate about the issues. I hope Techie comes back as well as his inspiration to this group has been amazing. I am sorry that I offended all the newcomers. So I’m addressing the elephant in this thread……Please accept my sincere apology and let’s get our group back together!

Comment

Working...
                                X