~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

It wasn't so much the issues Rava, although they were really annoying. We would post, then it wouldn't appear although it could be seen that someone had posted but nothing there. This went on for months. Some people tried messaging the forum manager/admin with no response. Then Satz had a response just after her mum died. She posted a copy of the response email on the thread and asked if someone else could take up the baton and get things sorted with the admin team as her mum had just that night died and she did not have the energy to respond which is totally understandable. The admin or manager cannot remember who, really took offence that a copy of the email was added to the thread and accused Satz of calling him/her out which wasn't the case. This clearly caused a problem and got everyones backs up as the tone of the response was quite unreal. Then there was some accusations from the management team that they had been accused of not paying site fees or something. Dont quote me on that but they got really riled. I can totally understand Molls and Satz being annoyed but do not understand the response from the management team. Anyway, both of them got banned which we didn't think was warranted and as such we set up our own group. Yes I will probably get banned which is a shame as I have been here since 2007 but the site is so quiet these days hardly anyone posts. It certainly is not like the old days when although there was aggro from some people it was a very supportive and fun forum. Also you had to do really bad stuff to get banned rather than a difference of opinion or speaking your mind. Things have changed sadly.

Comment

Thanks for the clarification [MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION]. I hope this can all be behind us very soon!

Comment

Originally posted by starty View Post
        It wasn't so much the issues Rava, although they were really annoying. We would post, then it wouldn't appear although it could be seen that someone had posted but nothing there. This went on for months. Some people tried messaging the forum manager/admin with no response. Then Satz had a response just after her mum died. She posted a copy of the response email on the thread and asked if someone else could take up the baton and get things sorted with the admin team as her mum had just that night died and she did not have the energy to respond which is totally understandable. The admin or manager cannot remember who, really took offence that a copy of the email was added to the thread and accused Satz of calling him/her out which wasn't the case. This clearly caused a problem and got everyones backs up as the tone of the response was quite unreal. Then there was some accusations from the management team that they had been accused of not paying site fees or something. Dont quote me on that but they got really riled. I can totally understand Molls and Satz being annoyed but do not understand the response from the management team. Anyway, both of them got banned which we didn't think was warranted and as such we set up our own group. Yes I will probably get banned which is a shame as I have been here since 2007 but the site is so quiet these days hardly anyone posts. It certainly is not like the old days when although there was aggro from some people it was a very supportive and fun forum. Also you had to do really bad stuff to get banned rather than a difference of opinion or speaking your mind. Things have changed sadly.
        We never received any messages about site issues, not a single one until last week. It's possible that they disappeared due to the issues, but I promise that I was unaware of any issues until then.

When Satz reached out, she didn't indicate any issues and only asked if the site had been "abandoned." I did initially miss that message because I didn't get an email notification, but as soon as I saw it I responded and asked what the issues were. Instead of replying to me she posted my response on the forum. I probably did overreact, but it did feel at the time like we were being called out publicly for issues we were completely unaware of.

We have worked hard to make this forum run as smoothly as possible, and we have always prided ourselves on being responsive to issues. I disagreed with Molly's ban and Administrator lifted it almost immediately. Satz's subsequent attacks on both of us, however, were completely unwarranted. Calling me a troll, asking in all-caps and red lettering "WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU," etc. was what got her a temporary ban.

Comment

[MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], please do not feel guilty. None of this is your fault. The cafe had been so welcoming to the army when we had issues on our thread and we all really appreciate that. Just sorry that the situation was handled so badly and even though the site was down all weekend, the same thing is happening on the monthly abstention thread. I wish you all well in your alcohol free journey and will pop in from time to time to say hello.

Comment

Well.... I wish everyone well on their AF journey. Staying AF will always be our highest goal. Whether here or on another thread, we got this! I'll take another el d?a!

Comment

Ginger, I agree with you in that our goal is to stay sober and help each other on our journey to freedom. Techie, I hope that continue to post here as we miss you and your inspirational quotes.

Still hot, hot, hot here, and I'm really looking forward to some cooler temps!

Cowboy, I'm sure that you'll be glad when the harvest is over so you can spend more time with Bubba.

24 more please...

Comment

4:55am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined me for 24 hours of wellness:
                [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION] [MENTION=10546]Forum Manager[/MENTION] [MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Well said [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], and I hope to see everyone back and joining us here!

I don't think anyone took offense to any of your comments [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], it was just the whole situation seemed to get out of hand for everyone concerned.

I did get to come home last night and Corey said not to worry about going back out today, they would make do without me till I get back from the wedding. It's amazing how much better I sleep with Bubba beside me!
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning cafe! Another hot hot day ahead. I planted new flowers yesterday and watched the rabbits on my ring camera this morning enjoy eating some of the plants at 2 am. Ugh. Those rabbits eat anything!! Mr r and I are going out to lunch with a neighbor today. That’s all I got. No booze is a big part of today. 24 more please and thank you!

Comment

Techie will be back. He's out of town. I enjoy his wisdom and glad he'll be back. Headed to a barbecue today with a few of our az neighbors that are gathered here. Should be fun to catch up with their summer adventures. I'll take another day!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and those wondering where the hell I’ve been. In a workshop in San Diego. Leaving in an hour for my very long (8 hr) drive home. Another 24 please. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

I will do a read back tomorrow morning. Hope all is well!

IMG_2146.jpg
                        Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Thanks for the good news, Ginger! And thanks for checking in, Techie! We were missing you.

I'm just back from volunteering and have finished lunch. Mr. D is itching to use his peppers from the garden so we have started a batch of hot pepper jelly. It's one of our favorites.

Would love to see your bunnies on your ring video, Rava. I hope they didn't do too much damage.

Cowboy, I'm glad you got some well deserved down time and time with your beloved Bubba!

24 more please and thank you.
                          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Glad to see you back techie, we've missed you!

I'm in for another 24 hours...

Comment

Good morning. Cant believe it’s already Friday. Fridays used to be an important day when I worked. Now not so much. Hope everyone has a great and sober day. Glad 6ou are back Techie! 24 more please. Ps as I walk thru our local grocery store and see all the bottles of wine, I tell myself that for me the bottles equal poison. It seems like the last few times I tried to drink any kind of alcohol, I am sick and actually vomit the next day. OMG I cant let that stupidity continue!!

Comment

5:32am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined me for 24 hours of wellness:
                                [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Working...
                                X