~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning Cafe! Yesterday 80 and right now 48. Yikes. Guess I will be doing inside stuff today. Doubt we will get any trick or treaters since most people are gone. This little house is in a seasonal campground type of place and not really open year round although some people do live here. It’s cold and rainy. Florida weather will be looking better and better!! 24 more please!

Comment

We found our place here in great shape. One never knows with the heat and monsoons what you might find. It was great to sleep in a familiar bed! Cyrus was a trooper all the way down and has settled back in to his routine here. As cats go, he's a great traveler! Here's a pic of him loading up to leave WA.

Halloween was my Dad's birthday. We always got together to celebrate him and take the kids trick or treating in their neighborhood. He died young. Only 59. The holiday was never the same for us. He too is in a better place now and that brings me peace.

Ladies, I listened to an audio book on my way down, borrowed from Libby, the library app. I think you'd enjoy it. The narrator is so good too! "Lillian Boxfish takes a walk".

I'll take another day.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends. Happy Halloween everyone. Another 24 candy corns and zero booze. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Glad to hear your trip was good. Ginger. I do know all about coming home to surprise problems. We were in China, Tibet, and Cambodia in 2017. Gone 33 days and came home to two refrigerators that were not functioning. There was a lightening strike the day after we left that knock the motors out, so you can imagine the situation. In my mind I can still smell it m. Good Halloween story, Non?

IMG_5023.jpeg
        Last edited by techie; October 31, 2023, 12:49 PM.
        Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Ginger, love the pic of Cyrus loading up into the car. That's great that he travels so well!

Looking forward to another 24 hours of freedom...

Comment

Thank you for the cute Halloween card, Cowboy.
            Glad you , Mr. G and Cyrus made it home safe and sound and found it all in order, Ginger.
            No trick or treaters here last night. We are too far off the beaten path.
            24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Love your picture Ginger. Glad you found everything in order! Wishing everyone a great day. Another cold cloudy day here. 24 more please!

Comment

5:19am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
                [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

It looks like Cyrus was making sure he wasn't left behind [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] lol. Nice to hear you're all settled in and things were okay when you got there.

We live in an older area of Vegreville so we only had about 30 kiddos last night. It's always a joy to see their costumes and how excited they are.
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

No kiddos here for T or T. Not in a 55+ resort in the country. Lol

Off to the desert for a long walk then back for the last chores and we will be settled. I'll happily take another day!

Comment

Well, yesterday I slipped and fell, now I have a really swollen ankle and a lot of pain. Looks like a visit to the doctor is on my list of things to do today. Uggh. Hopefully the ankle is just sprained and not broken.

No desire for booze, so not today...

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends. I went off my bike this morning. A bit of scrape knees but otherwise all good. I feel your pain Jude. Another 24 for me. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

IMG_5358.jpeg
                        Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Well, I hope for quick recuperations for both of you!

The Emergency Squad was just here at our place. One of the fellows who runs cattle here injured himself on a hay spear. I didn't see him, but Mr. D said it was pretty bloody. I was focused more on trying to get Lily on a leash for fear she might nip at someone. There were so many strangers and vehicles with flashing lights and sirens. Quite a scene. I hope the farmer is ok. Everyone has cleared out now and we've returned to peace and quiet.

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
                          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Glad that you are ok techie, falling when we get older is no picnic! I did break my ankle after falling the other day, and am now wearing a cast. Fortunately the fall happened while working, so I am eligible for workers compensation. This will definitely help with all of the medical bills and lost wages as I will most likely be out of work for 6-8 weeks. I was feeling pretty sorry for myself this morning, but techies post on gratitude reminded me to be grateful for everything that is good in my life.

Dill, it sounds as though you had a lot of excitement at your place yesterday. Sure hope that the farmer is ok.

24 more for all of us please...

Comment

Good morning cafe, sounds like lots of action here. Jude I am sorry for your broken ankle. Like you said, it’s good that it happened at work to help with the bills. Techie, sorry you took a fall and hopefully you will be feeling better soon. Falls as we get older seem to come out of nowhere. Scary for sure. We are heading north today to spend the weekend with our son and his family. We will stop on the way to visit a family member in the nursing home. Last time we went there they were blasting LED Zepplin and The Rolling Stones music. wow that really puts old age in perspective. I always think of 1940s music at a nursing home. Certainly not my age music. Really makes me feel old. 24 more please!

Comment

5:23am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

These friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness since I was here last:
                                [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Working...
                                X