No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like I missed lots, I tried logging in yesterday but kept getting a "timed out" error and finally gave up after an hour or so. [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] messaged me and she couldn't log in either. Thanks for checking up on me [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION].

There's lots of ways to get out of shoveling snow [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], you didn't have to break your ankle to do it lol. 6 - 8 weeks is a long time to be in a cast though, is it a walking cast or are you hobbling around on crutches as well? Hopefully the pain level will decrease soon.

Hopefully you're already on the mend from your spill [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], it could have been much worse.

Sounds like quite the commotion at your place [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], hopefully the fellow wasn't injured too bad. Farm machinery can be deadly if you're not careful when working around it.

Have a safe trip as you head north [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], and enjoy the time you'll spend visiting.
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Oh my, Jude! I'm so sorry you have a broken ankle. Falls can really just come out of nowhere and there you are with a weeks long recuperation process. Like Cowboy, I'm wondering about your cast.

Glad you're back in the Cafe, Cowboy. The place is definitely not the same without you.

Rava, that is really funny that the music is led zeppelin and rolling stones at the nursing home! LOL I wasn't a big fan of either of those groups. I'd prefer the beatles and the beach boys.

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Wow! Gone one day and all hell breaks loose!

Jude, that is such a bummer about your ankle. I hope you heal quickly and hit the six week mark not the 8 week.

Techie, is your cycling on roads or rough terrain? Glad your fall wasn't any worse.

Dill, sorry to hear about the farmer. Hope he's OK. Have you heard?

Safe travels, Rava. Enjoy your family time!

ABC, I'm glad we are connected on Facebook! Thanks for being there.

Settled in and enjoying the desert. I'll gratefully take another day!

Comment

Thanks everyone for the well-wishes. They put me in a splint for now as there is too much swelling to wear a cast. The doctor that I saw (he looks like he's 14 years old) doesn't want me to put any weight on the ankle at all so I'm using crutches, or at least trying to. I'm not very good at it, and have had some scary moments, and have come close to falling again using the darn things. Uggh...It's very frustrating not being able to do all of the things that need to be done around here, but I'm trying to stay grateful, and remember that I have a lot to be thankful for. So glad that I'm not drinking anymore. I can't even imagine what it would be like trying to walk with crutches drunk. Not a good picture. :0

Not today...

Comment

5:15am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Hopefully the swelling will go down soon [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] so you can get a proper cast on, don't want you doing any more damage to that ankle.

Adam and I will be headed out this morning on our first day of hunting season. The season opened on the 1st, but this is our first opportunity to get out. We'll hunt today and tomorrow, then not sure when we'll get out next as it sounds like he's busy next weekend. In addition to antelope, I also got drawn for cow moose so hopefully I'll get lucky and be able to fill the freezer this year.

Comment

ABC, good luck with the hunt but most of all, enjoy your boy!

Hang in there, Jude. You got this.

I'll take another day!

Comment

Hopping on later than usual today but that's because I decided to start the day baking a homemade apple pie. I wish I could share it with you all. It's smelling delicious!
                  Have fun on the hunt with Adam, Cowboy.

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
                  Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Hi folks. I was not able to login today. Another 24 please. Blessings x

IMG_5517.jpg
                    Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

I couldn't log in yesterday, but I'm here today, asking for another 24 hours of freedom.

Comment

It seems no one could log on yesterday, Jude. I checked in over on Cowboy's other site, Home | We Quit Drinking and found both Cowboy and Ginger there. I wonder what the trouble was yesterday with MWO.

How is your ankle doing, Jude? And how did your hunt go, Cowboy?

The time change happened over the weekend which I find difficult. I don't mind the one in Spriing when the clock goes forward. But somehow putting the clock back and hour is harder on me. Not sure why. Does anyone else feel the same?

Yesterday I pulled up all the zinnia. They finally got hit by a hard freeze and were all brown. I'm going to miss their cheerful color at our entrance.

Board meeting at the hospital today. 24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
                        Dill

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Weekend went well with the family but super busy. A house full of young boys is like a zoo. Lots of wrestling, fighting and playing. I cherish my quiet time now. That’s why us older folks do not have babies. Shew fun to visit but also fun to leave!! This is our last week north. Looking forward to seeing our Florida friends. Jude, I hope that ankle is getting better! Hope your hunt went well Cowboy. Hi to everyone here. Another sober day please!

Comment

5:17am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

These friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness since I was able to log in last:
                            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Looks like the site was down for everyone again starting Saturday afternoon till sometime yesterday, not sure what the problems are this time.

I don't mind the "fall back" time change [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], it's the "spring forward" that gets to me.

Adam and I got in a day of hunting on Saturday and saw lots of deer and bull moose, but no cow moose of course lol. We didn't go out yesterday at all because the fog was so thick you could cut it with a knife! Hunting will resume next weekend if the weather cooperates.

Comment

Jude, I'm wondering about your ankle too. How's the swelling?

Busy day here. I'll take another day.

Comment

Working...
                                X