No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5:15am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Off to the farm today to fix the furnace in my shop. It quit working last week and I had to order the part required to get it running again and the part came yesterday. I've had an electric construction heater running in the meantime to keep things from freezing, don't think I want to see the power bill for this month lol.
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Ouch! That could be pricey, ABC.

Glad you all had a lovely, grateful Thanksgiving. Our meal was wonderful.

Off to hit the trails. Feeling so blessed. I'll take another day!

Comment

Good morning cafe! Hope that everyone has a wonderful day!

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

5:14am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

[MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]

Comment

I hope you get your heat in the shop up and running without too much difficulty, [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]. I seem to feel the cold a lot more these days and keeping warm is a top priority!

I went to Steak and Shake yesterday for lunch. I hadn't been there in quite a while and apparently in my absence they changed their service model from a waited tables to self ordering thru a kiosk. It was a bit jarring. Mr. D and I were able to cope with the process, but I think a good number of people our age and up would not be able to navigate it. I'm on a bubble as to whether I will return. Thing is, they have great onion rings and shakes, so we shall see.....

It was black Friday which is a day in retail that I avoid, but I had an item I wanted to return. I didn't think that would be a problem an I was right. The customer service desk was ticking along smoothly as most people were not in the returns phase. But OMG was that place ever crazy busy!!! The checkout line started at the back of the store and went to the front, wrapping around on of the clothing departments on the way! I couldn't wait to get out of there.

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
              Last edited by dill; November 25, 2023, 07:30 AM.
              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning! Dill, I hear ya about the shoppers. It’s so much easier to shop online. I am not fighting those crowds. I Put some colored lights around my fake palm tree so my decorations are complete. Hope everyone has a good Saturday and those in the colder areas stay toasty warm! Another 24!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends. What a morning. At 5:45am still dark and cold, I was attacked by a large dog. The SOB got me by my ankle and I hit the ground. It was quite strong and so struggled to turn over. Once I saw blood on its muzzle I went into fight or flight mode. I got to my knees and flipped back on my back. It then started going for my face. Luckily, I was able to kick the dog in the head hard. It cried out but then attacked me again. I heard someone yell get off get off and it was a guy that lives nearby and he shot the dog. I just fucking broke down and cried. I felt paralyzed with fear and also sadness. Mrs Techie drove me to the hospital and we filed a police report. I do not know who the owner is but Mrs Techie heard from neighbors he was arrested. The dog (Chow mix) survived the gunshot but was euthanized later.

My ankle is bad. Puncture wounds on my right thigh and left arm as well. In bed now and taking time to process all this. It is not the first time I have been attacked (Once a dog torn my running pants) or chased by a dog. I have never been bitten until today. I guess, It goes with what I do, running and biking. However, this was a very dangerous situation and it may take me sometime to heal and maybe more to get out in it again.

Blessings x
                  Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Holy shit techie! The bite wounds will heal but the emotional trauma may stay with you for a long time. As bad as attack was, it could have been so much worse, as it sounds as though the dog was out to kill. I used to do a lot of biking and walking, and after a few bad run ins with dogs, I started to carry mace with me. I only had to use it once, but it did give me a sense of security. Prayers sent that you heal quickly, both physically and emotionally. :hug:

24 more for all of us please...

Comment

Good morning Cafe, wow Techie, such a traumatic event for you. I’m so glad that dog didn’t kill you as it seemed to be trying. The owner should be fined and punished for this. I’m glad the dog was put down. It definitely would have killed someone weaker. I’m glad you are ok but hope you heal physically and emotionally from this. My thoughts are with you and sending you virtual hugs.

Comment

5:16am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

[MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]

Comment

Time to get breakfast out for the gang...

Comment

Oh dear, Techie! :hug: That sounds horrendous. I am so sorry that happened to you. Chows are a dangerous breed, IMO. I had a dog that was an Aussie/Chow mix and she was totally unpredictable. I had to put her up when ever people stopped by, especially children. I hope your wounds heal quickly. Be gentle with yourself.

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
                            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Lucky me! I'm here while breakfast is being served. Thanks so much for another Sunday special, [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]!.
                              Dill

Comment

Glad I got breakfast out in time for you [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], and yes, got the furnace up and running just in times as it's supposed to start getting colder this coming week.

Sounds like a horrible and terrifying experience [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], hope you heal up quickly and don't let it stop you from doing the things you love.

Comment

Working...
                                X