~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

I see I forgot to check in yesterday. Had and early morning dog sitting commitment and the day got away from me.

Techie, I'm sure the wounds will heal but the trauma will take much longer to pass. I can't even image what that must have been like. Sending you gobs of healing thoughts and prayers.

Cyrus got a new/used stroller for the desert. Headed out shortly. I'll take another!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends. Thank you ALL. Not a good sleep. Up every hour. Extremely sore this morning and may have an infection so we will call the doctor who treated me in the ER. I was prescribed an antibiotic but want to make sure I have the strongest one. Mrs Techie took some photos of my ankle which too the worst of it. I?m going to take a few day off so I will not be posting until mid week. Love you all. Another 24 please. Blessings x

IMG_6530.jpg
      “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Good morning cafe! Techie, hope that you can catch a nap today, and that you get the infection under control. :hug:

Looks like another good day to be sober!

Comment

Ginger, thanks for the pic of Cyrus in hs new ride. He's so handsome!

Hope you are starting to feel better, Techie and that the infection is under control.

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
          Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Cant believe it’s already Monday. We went to see killers of the lost moon yesterday. 3.5 hours long. Great movie to me. Mr. R thought it was too sad. Came home went to bed and had a horrible dream. Wonder if it was movie related? Techie, I know you are taking a few days off from here and I just wanted to thank you for telling us. I would have wondered and worried. Heal up quickly and keep doing what you love! Ginger, Cyrus is one spoiled baby! Lol. Hope everyone has a great and sober day. My cravings are getting better. I have been watching a lot of sober coaching videos on tik tok which seem to help. 24 more please!

Comment

5:18am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
              [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Pretty cool ride for Cyrus [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], and easier for you I bet as well!

That movie is on my list to see [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], not sure if I should read the book first or not though.

Hopefully there's no major infection [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], but better safe than sorry.
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Techie, thank you for letting us know you're taking a break. Continued healing thoughts coming your way.

I'm working on lightening up the 5th wheel with paint here and there. I just wonder who thought all this dark wood was good in a small space. 🤔

Yesterday morning, Cyrus was crazy running through the place. I thought he was playing with one of his toys, when come to find out, he had a bird! It must have flown into his catio and he grabbed it and brought it inside. I spent 20 minutes trying to catch the poor thing, once he finally dropped it! The bird eventually flew off. What a way to start the day! Never a dull moment with a cat. Lol I'll take another day, minus the bird fiasco!

Comment

Geez ginger, never a dull moment at your house is there? Glad that you were able to save the bird; the poor thing must have been terrified.

Techie, hope that you are feeling better. :hug:

Looks like we're in for some lake effect snow today. I have to go out and get some groceries, so I guess that I'll find out how my knee scooter does in the snow. Could be interesting...

24 more please...

Comment

I'll be interested to hear how you do with the scooter on snow, Jude. Also, when do you go back to the doc to see if you can get fitted for a boot? Hope you are healing nicely.

That poor bird! That must've been quite the adventure, Ginger. It's so disconcerting to have one indoors. I'm glad you were able to catch and release the poor thing.

We're off early to drop the car off at the shop for a repair.

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
                      Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning. Jude, be careful on that scooter in the snow! Yikes. Ginger, sounds like fun catching a bird in our house. Lol. Hope everyone has a good day. Off to my volunteer job in a few hours. 24 more please.

Comment

5:18am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
                          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Sounds like Cyrus was having fun even if you weren't [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] lol.

I'm not sure what would be worse in the snow, crutches or the knee scooter [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], just be careful eh.

Off to do a small job today, change taps in a tub/shower unit for a good customer. And it'll also give me a chance to check the furnace in the shop to make sure it's still running.

Comment

Jude, I don't have to say this but the mom in me can't help it. BE CAREFUL out there!

Nothing exciting happened around here yesterday. Whew! Waves to all my buddies in the cafe.

I'll take another day

Comment

[MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], I made out pretty well with the scooter yesterday. It has 4 wheels so it's pretty stable. The crutches are a nightmare in the snow due to the rubber tips on the end, which make it extremely slippery. Dill, I go back to the doctor on Friday for a recheck, but he has already told me that due to the nature of the fracture I will be in a hard cast unit I'm healed. it's been almost a month, so fingers crossed that it will only be another couple of weeks. I really miss being able to drive as my car is a standard clutch, but hopefully I will be good to go soon!

Another 24 please...

Comment

Working...
                                X