~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good to see you again @Mulburry, we have below freezing temps here but still no snow!
    It actually only lasted for one day, now we're onto the endless winter rains, supposed to get a wallop of an atmospheric river tomorrow (will be a shitshow on the mountain passes if that ends up being all snow up there).

I’m reading a lo
    I missed what happened to you. But I hope the steps your taking will help both physically and emotionally.
    Reading anything good? I'm just working through a Margaret Atwood (Life Before Man), Tolstoy's epic Anna Karenina... and for a change of pace a Michael Chrichton novel (State of Fear).

Mr. D and I have debated as to whether or not we will put up a tree this year.
    At my mom's place, we're also debating whether to go with a real tree or get a fake tree this year (would be the first time). It seems now the trees they sell are only the really huge ones (we'd usually get a small one) and the fake ones look so realistic nowadays (not to mention not having to deal with the hassle and mess).

Comment

Hi folks. I am just reading stuff that is fun and doesn?t require a lot of deep thinking or reflection. Finishing up Stephen King?s Fairy Tale. This novel has certainly convinced me that Mr. king is a very disturbed man.

Great conversation with my buddy earlier today. We walked a few miles and while my foot and ankle were quite sore, it was no trouble at all. Wonderful news from my perspective. BTW Mul, I was attacked a dog that did some damage to my body. Another 24. Blessings all.

IMG_6940.jpg
      Last edited by techie; December 3, 2023, 06:46 PM.
      Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

I almost forgot to thank Cowboy for breakfast today. Thank you!
        Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Glad to hear that you are doing a little better techie; just be patient and let yourself heal.

Mr. J wants to put up a tree this year, but with as many cats as we have, I don't think that it's such a good idea. Cowboy, I like the idea of a nativity scene but I'm sure that many of the figurines would show up all over the house. I wouldn't be surprised to find baby Jesus hanging out in the bathtub, or some other strange place. Ahhh...life with cats.

Comment

Oops! Forgot to ask for another 24!

Comment

5:28am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
              [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good Monday morning cafe. We solved our Christmas tree debate by taking colored lights and wrapping our fake tree in our living room which usually just has white lights. All done. We will not be here anyway for Christmas. Mr. R. Loves Christmas music so he turns on the TV and gets a fake fireplace screen from you tube with Christmas carols. So thats our effort. LOL. Wishing everyone a great and sober day. 24 more please.

Comment

Techie, glad your visit with your friend went well. Baby steps, as they say.

Finished ripping out the carpet in the bedroom. What a job. RV manufacturer love them some staples! Now I'm waiting for the carpet tiles to get here.

Hi Mulberry, I vote fake tree. Not that you asked. Lol

I'll take another day!

Comment

I vote fake tree too, Mulburry. Although, we will be putting up a cut tree as per usual. Mr. D wins that argument every year! I have two Nativity sets too, Cowboy, but we only put out the one. It is beautiful and it's made out of resin so not easily breakable. Our other one is ceramic and was one I made years and years ago and gave to my Mom and Dad for Christmas one year. It came back to me when they had to go into nursing care in their later years. Rava, changing to colored lights makes a big difference. I have, in the past, left our decorations off the tree and used only lights. I would do that again, but granddaughter still loves to get out the ornaments and hang them. Ginger I can't imagine trying to have a Christmas Tree or Nativity set with an active young cat in the house! It sounds like you have taken on quite a project in your camper. I hope all goes smoothly for you now that you are over the staple-rama.

Techie, it's great you are getting out and staying active in spite of your recent set back. I have wondered if you are considering any legal action against the Chow owner, but if you'd rather not discuss it any further I respect that.

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
                    Last edited by dill; December 4, 2023, 08:53 AM.
                    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning cafe! 24 more for all of us please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning cafe. Horrible night of sleep, bad dreams and i feel terrible today. Heading to my volunteer job and hoping I can make the most of this day. Wishing everyone a safe and sober day.

Comment

5:17am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
                          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Hope everyone has a great day!

And hopefully you'll have a better sleep tonight [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION].

Sounds like a big upgrade to the 5th wheel [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], paint and new carpet!

Decorate as best you can with the furry friends running around [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], it's nice to have something to get in the holiday spirit.

Comment

Rava, sorry you had such a bad night! Hope you have sweet dreams tonight. You mentioned having the fireplace on your tv and I wanted to mention, we have that app too. I really love it.

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
                              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

I'll take another day!

Comment

Working...
                                X