No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Remember, most of your stress comes from the way you respond, not the way life is. Adjust your attitude, and all that extra stress is gone."

6:25am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
    [MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION] [MENTION=20527]Marylou123[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=16893]Wildflowers[/MENTION] [MENTION=22385]ssd858[/MENTION] [MENTION=23850]empyr3al[/MENTION] abcowboy

Hmmm, maybe Pauly finally got a good nights sleep!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Thoughts and prayers go out to your SIL and family Ory, I know how devastating major strokes can be...

On hatred, I used to think that I hated my ex, but now that I've learned a bit about my emotions, I don't think there is such a thing as hatred. I think it's just a strong word used to convey another feeling that came from an emotion. I was angry at my ex, so angry that I thought it was hatred. But then it turns out that I wasn't even angry at her, I was frustrated and let that frustration build to something that I could drink over and everyone would say "ya, I'd drink over that too!"

Since getting sober, my emotions don't get the best of me, I'm calmer, more forgiving, and have had a big attitude change... life is just too short to keep looking for excuses...
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

I would like 24 please. Thank you.
        [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION], I am sorry to hear of your SIL's stroke. Is she relatively young? I can't imagine what your brother is going thru.
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

[MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] - So very sorry to read this news about SIL! Prayers and hope for her, family and you!... At these very difficult times, think a good pair of ears is sometimes all we can offer to a loved one hurting. Please keep us updated and take care of your self.... :hug:

Continuing on this sober path. I'll take another 24 AF hours and NF to. Half way there. Eating chocolates. It's garbage night and am thinking of digging into can. :nutso: Had a lozenge and it's not the same. Must just get through this day. May have to buy a vape.
          Last edited by Wildflowers; August 23, 2017, 02:44 PM.

Comment

[MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] - my prayers are with your sil.

24 for me please. Sorry to be mia this week - the first week of school and I have been sick so trying
            to keep up. Day 6 here

Listened to an amazing bubble hour while at acupuncture: Karlyn Pipes: "The Do-Over" 8/25 by The Bubble Hour | Lifestyle Podcasts
            Karyln Pipes also has a book - her story had me in tears, happy and sad tears.

Comment

[MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] praying for your sis if that means anything.
              Last edited by empyr3al; August 23, 2017, 11:10 PM. Reason: New Keyboard
              "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

Comment

"The successful know that the road to success is always under construction; they understand the roughness of it and never expected it to be smooth."

6:20am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

[MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=16893]Wildflowers[/MENTION] [MENTION=22385]ssd858[/MENTION] abcowboy
                Last edited by abcowboy; August 24, 2017, 07:20 AM.

Comment

Sending strength to your family, Ory. Hope SIL gets through this. Strokes are so scary.
                  24 more for me please.

Comment

Please, I want and need 24 AF hours. Thank you

Comment

Committing to another 24 on this fine, sunny August day. Just hitting 3 pm here in Jersey and need more coffee.
                      [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], she's in her late 30s.
                      “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                      Newbies Nest Roll Call
                      Toolbox
                      Cattleman Cafe

Comment

I just modded a pizza, yeah premade frozen, but budget hits. But with split cherry tomatoes, home grown and cut pepponchini. See how it goes. Congrats to all those with 24. Ht 72.
                        "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Late check in, but thanking for 24 more.
                          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

It's 9:34 here, a cloudy and cool day.. the sun is trying to peek through. Thinking of you Orimus..:hug: Thank you for writing about following your star in the Rollcall.. set up a great image in my mind. Looking for 24 hours more for myself and everyone else..

Comment

Another cool, crisp morning here, temps mid 50's. Feels like fall, but I'm sure we have a few more weeks of heat left. At least we usually do. I'll take it as long as it lasts, has me out early for a walk with the dog.
                              Sending continued strength for your family Ory. 30's is so young. How are the kids coping? Must scare them terribly. Hoping for the best for all of you.
                              24 more for all of us please.

Comment

"Peace is accepting today, releasing yesterday, and giving up the need to control tomorrow."

6:20am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks..

[MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=16893]Wildflowers[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=23850]empyr3al[/MENTION] abcowboy

Cooler and darker here in the mornings as well Mr V, the geese have started winging their way south, crows are flocking up, robins and hummingbirds have been gone for a while, and expecting a call next week to get harvest started! Sure signs that fall and winter are on the way!

Comment

Working...
                                X