No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a great looking tree any way you look at it [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION]! Those sideways pictures happen to me as well if I'm posting them from my phone. I always have to remember to rotate my phone clockwise sideways instead of the phone being up and down, then the pics seem to load properly.

Edit to ad: Glad you made it safely [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]! Do you make your peanut brittle the old fashioned cookstove way, or the microwave style? I haven't made peanut brittle for years.
    Last edited by abcowboy; December 20, 2023, 07:27 AM.
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Rava, glad you're there safe and sound! Enjoy your candy making with GD. I love those times with the littles and remember those times fondly with my grandma.

Mul, your tree is beautiful! You must not have cats. Lol

Waves to all my pals here in the Cafe. CCC is refusing to get out of bed because it's raining. He's such a deeva!

I'll take another day, rain and all!

Comment

Figured I'd best get some decorations up, inside & out, and get the place into a festive spirit

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Mul, your tree is beautiful! You must not have cats. Lol
          Nope. But when I was young we had a dog and two cats at one point, and large real tree every year, and that was an adventure... especially when my dad would put and light real candles on the tree.

Comment

Good morning cafe! I'm in for another 24 hours of freedom!

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Cowboy the peanut brittle was microwave. Not sure I would do that again. Burned the first batch and then did better. Will try the stovetop kind next time. GD helped but we had to be careful as it was super hot. She is 17 so not a baby. LOL. Cowboy, where are those pictures from? Looks beautiful. Is that your house. Cyrus looks comfy as always…. We have our fireplace on TV with a plug in heater next to it. We can hear a crackling fake fire with heat from heater! Lol. Hope everyone is having a good Christmas week. It’s coming quickly! We just give money so I don't feel stressed about all the gift giving. Wishing everyone a great and sober day. 24 more please.

Comment

5:18am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
                [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

No, those are just internet pics [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], I could only wish it was our house lol. It know all to well how easy it is to burn microwave peanut brittle, I've wasted more than a few batches myself.

Can't remember the last time I stepped foot in a liquor store, and yesterday I was in 4 of them lol. Bubba wanted to get the neighbors across the street a Bailey's gift pack for Christmas so I went looking. Couldn't find anything so just ended up buying a bottle of Bailey's. Not much has changed in the stores except the prices, I definitely couldn't afford to drink even if I could lol.

Comment

Morning all! Busy day. I'll take another. 😻

Comment

Wow, Cowboy! That is some really gorgeous decoration for our Cafe! Lovely!

Rava, I have a hard time making things like candy in the microwave. I ruined several batches of melted white chocolate that I was trying to make to drizzle over my chocolate/caramel chex mix. So frustrating!

Mulburry, I cannot believe your dad actually decorated a tree with real candles!! He sounds like he was a brave soul.

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
                      Last edited by dill; December 21, 2023, 01:38 PM.
                      Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Today I see the ortho doc to have my ankle X-Rayed to see how it's healing. Fingers crossed that I don't need another cast and that I can use a walking boot. That would be the best Christmas present ever!

Hopefully all is well with everyone at the cafe so that you may join me in another 24 hours of sobriety...

Comment

I will be sending you healing thoughts today Jude. I hope you get good news.

I will gladly join you all n 24 hours of freedom,
                          Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:22am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
                            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Let's hope all goes well today [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] and you get a walking boot for Christmas!

Off to the Dr later this morning for my driver's license physical, then not much planned for the rest of the day.

Comment

Best wishes, Jude! X I'm in for another 24.

Comment

Working...
                                X