~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Happy New Year cafe! �� It was a quiet night for us, and I'm grateful to be hangover free!

Sorry that you slipped Rava, looks like today would be a good time to make some new resolutions.

24 more for all of us please...

Comment

5:19am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

It's a new day, a new year, and it's going to be a new [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], you got this my friend!

Happy New Year to all my friends here in the Cafe, let's make it the best year ever!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

2024 will be a good year! If nothing else, I'm sure it will be an interesting one. Happy New Year everyone. I looked up Irish New Year Blessings and found a bunch. But here's one for us in the Cafe:

May the light of friendship guide your paths together and brighten every corner of your heart. Happy New Year!

And now for the music:

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
          Last edited by dill; January 1, 2024, 07:56 AM.
          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Happy New Year! We had a lovely card game and it was over by 730p. Wild and crazy night! Haha

Rava, new year, new you! It's all about getting back on the horse, which you do. You got this!

Hi to all my friends here! I'll take another.

Comment

Hi Cafe, we just got home from our trip north. I am feeling especially low and embarrassed and maybe this would be my rock bottom. I do not have any plans to drink. Mr. R is so gracious and wonderful with me. I am lucky to have such a caring husband. I am back on the right path and pray no slips. The hangover is still fresh enough to make me feel sick thinking of drinking. Thanks for listening to my whining. You guys are the best. Happy New Year to each of you.

Comment

Looking forward to another 24 hours of freedom! Hope that everyone has a great day!

Comment

24 hours of freedom on this second day of 2024, please and thank you.

Rava, :hug:.

Yesterday was a nice, quiet beginning to the new year for us. We had pork roast, sauerkraut and noodles, and air roasted broccoli to kick off the new year. Our grandson got his driver's license in December, finally. What a journey for him! Yesterday was the first time his Dad let him take the car solo. He came over here to stop in and visit and pick something up. Mr. D met him in the driveway before he got out of the car and took his picture behind the wheel. The look on grandson's face was priceless. It was a real coming of age moment for him.

I hope Techie is healing and will rejoin us soon.

Have a great day everyone.
                  Last edited by dill; January 2, 2024, 06:31 AM.
                  Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good Morning Cafe. Dill, your grandson must be thrilled with his new freedom! Today is my volunteer day so I am up early. Feeling somewhat depressed and hope that seeing my friends at the thrift store will cheer me up. Wishing everyone a great and sober day. 24 more please and thank you.

Comment

5:22am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

[MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]

Comment

Ah, the all important driver's license for a 16 year old, I'll bet that picture means the world to him [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION].

Hang in there [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], it can only get better.

Comment

Rava, I have two friends here struggling with the aftermath of the holidays. It's a thing. I bet it will really help to go to your volunteer job today. Hang in there!

My knee is still giving me pain so I haven't been able to hike. Ugh! Too much carpet laying took its toll. I love "do it yourself" projects but it just might be time to retire. :'(

We have Mr. G's sister near by for a month and my two sisters coming for two weeks on the 25th. It will be good to see them all!

I'll take another day.

Comment

Ginger, hope that your knee is feeling better today. It's kind of depressing that we can't do the things that we used to without painful consequences. I try to keep in mind that there are people in a lot worse shape than I am.

Rava, I hope that working at your volunteer job cheered you up. Sometimes it's good to just get out and help other folks to put things into perspective.

24 more please...

Comment

5:14am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

[MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]

Comment

I hope your knee improves quickly. Does it feel any better? Have you been applying cold compresses? That's what Mr. D's doc recommended when he got bursitis in his right elbow from being in the sling so much. It took time, but it helped.
                                [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], I seem to remember you found a friend that shares our common problem. If memory serves you mentioned she was a good support person. Have you had an opportunity to talk with her? I hope getting out among people yesterday helped. It usually helps me, but it can also end up being a trigger for me. There can be a fine line.

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
                                Last edited by dill; January 3, 2024, 07:20 AM.
                                Dill

Comment

Working...
                                X