~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning Cafe. Going to my job did help my spirits. I was feeling scary depressed over my horrible slip. It still makes me sick to think about it too much. Today I am feeling much better emotionally. Thanks for all the support. I am still better off today than I was when I first quit drinking. This drinking episode to me was completely unexpected. I started and didn't stop until I was blackout drunk. Such a horrible place to be. Today Im back to my exercise class so normal life is starting. It’s been like having the flu for the last couple of days. Mr r has never had a hangover so he is clueless. Today is going to be a good day. I am setting my goals for a 30 day cleanse. Includes eating better, sleeping better and no alcohol. Thanks everyone for being here for me. Ginger I hope your knee feels better soon so you can get back to hiking. Hope everyone has a great and sober day. 24 more please!

Comment

Hope the knee is feeling better [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], are you wrapping it or using any rub on it?

Bubba and I are feeling a lot better, best do a test though before I get out and about again.

Edit to add: Glad your mood has improved [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]. This darn disease is so confusing at times, even though we know the outcome, we still pick up that first drink, then the guilt and shame hits once again. There is really only one answer, but it can be so darn hard even when we know better. Just keep coming back and never give up.
      Last edited by abcowboy; January 3, 2024, 07:26 AM.
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Rava, glad you're feeling better. Just keep coming back.

I'm doing all the R.I.C.E. stuff on my knee. I'm having some trouble with R though. Lol Sucks but could be worse!

Hoping we all have an easy day. I'll take another!

Comment

Cowboy, hope that you and Bubba test negative for covid so that you can get out and about again!

24 more for all of us please...

Comment

5:25am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Not sure if I trust these self test kits, but says we're both good to go!

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Cowboy, glad you both tested negative. Ginger, hope that knee gets better soon. Hello to Dill, Jude, Techie, Mull and anyone else I missed. Im going to take some time today and look over the toolbox here to refreshen my brain. Yesterday I finally felt like myself. Last night I got very little sleep but at least my depression is lessening. Alcohol is literally poison and I did that to myself with my own hands. What a mess. Im so thankful for this group to be able to talk. I do have one friend that I can confide in but she is drinking again. So not exactly sure how to handle that. My close neighbors, who I have had close contact with have covid. So now it’s another waiting game. I will NOT drink today. I know I have said that before, but after last weekend, I really mean it. 24 more for me please!

Comment

There's some covid going around in our park too. Just hoping if we get it, it's a light case! Knee is a little better. Hoping to to a short walk with Cyrus today!

Waves to all my buddies! I'll take another.

Comment

Late check in for me. Today was volunteer day so I was up and out too early to check in. Volunteer assignment was great tho. I do enjoy it a lot.

24 more please and thank you.
                    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Glad that you are feeling better Rava, depression is the worst, and I've found that drinking only intensifies it.

We're supposed to get 6 inches of snow tomorrow which really isn't much for this area. We are way below average for this time of year and I feel bad for all of the skiers and snowmobilers. Not much of a winter for them.

24 more for all of us please...

Comment

We haven't had any snow to speak of in our area. I too feel sorry for the kids and for winter sport enthusiasts.

I'm glad your knee is improving, Ginger.

Rava, it's good to know your depression is lifting. Alcohol definitely makes depression worse. That's too bad your support buddy is back to drinking. I guess it might be best to stay away if it can trigger you. I know it would trigger me.

I hope [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] is doing well. I miss his daily quotes and blessings.

Hello Cowboy and Mulburry.

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
                        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Ginger, glad you are a bit better. Hope you have a good walk today even if short. Jude, 6 inches of snow would shut down our town. Schools would be closed, etc. Dill, glad you still like your volunteer job. I like mine too. Today I think Im getting a cold. Ugh. Hope not covid. I think next year when traveling by airplane I will wear a mask. Lots of coughing and hacking was going on in that airplane. Im sure lots of germs were being passed around. Spent about 2 hours on the toolbox yesterday and screen shot some good advice that I can quickly access. So helpful. Also listened to This Naked Mind podcast for another hour. All this really helped me. As I move through the weekend I am going to keep it up and add some meditation to the mix. I know I can do this and just need to keep moving. Love the support here. 24 more please and thank you.

Comment

5:24am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
                            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

There's very little snow here as well, and the temps have been unseasonably warm all winter. It's nice to open the natural gas and power bills and not have a heart attack lol.

Comment

Rava, you sound good and are making a solid plan. Thumbs up to you, my friend.

I miss techie too. Hope he's well.

We have no snow back home but the AZ high country is getting its fare share.

Dill, are you volunteering back at the hospital coffee shop?

Thanks for the knee well wishes. It's ODAAT with this too! I'll take another.

Comment

Working...
                                X