~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

A sunny 65F here in Jersey, 8:25 am. Committing to another 24.
    “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
    Newbies Nest Roll Call
    Toolbox
    Cattleman Cafe

Comment

[MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION], that is SO young! I hope the stroke wasn't severe. Is there any news yet on extent and location? Prognosis? I will send up a prayer. I have no doubt that it prayer helps.
      Could you please point the way to the post that Lifechange mentioned? I would like to read it. Thank you.

I love these cool mornings! I too have heard the geese on the move. 24 more, please.
      Last edited by dill; August 25, 2017, 07:49 AM.
      Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

dill, I think LC was referring to post #26185 on page 2619 of the Roll Call
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

24 please

Comment

Count me in for another 24 please.
            Mary Lou

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by dill View Post
              [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION], that is SO young! I hope the stroke wasn't severe. Is there any news yet on extent and location? Prognosis? I will send up a prayer. I have no doubt that it prayer helps.
              Could you please point the way to the post that Lifechange mentioned? I would like to read it. Thank you.

I love these cool mornings! I too have heard the geese on the move. 24 more, please.
              Tuesday August 22, 2017

New Page - Day 1018
              shanna - Day 18
              Orimus - Day 204
              Byrdlady - Been reflecting on the 'secret sauce' since you asked when I hit six months. I would have to say it involves taking my regrets and regrettable actions, putting them in front of me and letting them flower into the picture of my ideal average day. On that day I am not drinking but experiencing so if that day is what I'm trying to craft every day why would I drink today? With that star before me I set my course and keep walking towards it. Thanks to you all for all the support.
              “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
              Newbies Nest Roll Call
              Toolbox
              Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Please, we all could use 24AF hours. Thank you. Definitely been cooler here to. No AC yesterday. Going to ramp up into 90's this weekend. May run off to a waterfall and a hike. Or start scraping house for painting. Yuck :egad: Have couple imageing appts for self and one customer appt. Some major shopping. Seem to run out to fast for two. Food is generally better from home. "Yumbo".
                Hope everyone has a decent day!.. :love:

Comment

Yeah not sure whats up with the Canada geese here, they fly opposite directions often, but I'm surrounded by lakes. There is hundreds of plants in the front yard and I have yet to see any unusual butterflies. As a child there was a park beside me with weeping willows (which are nearly illegal due to their rooting methods), it was covered in a couple hundred thousand monark butterflies. The geese stop traffic at major highway off ramps at times. I haven't seen one in quite a while or a flock of them, so maybe they are up north more or have moved down south already. The June bugs came out in August which is bizarre. Surprisingly the mosquitos are really really low considering the rain fall.

Anyways my check in, if you don't know what that is from rehabs. Feeling, Emotion, Physical, Psychological.

Feeling a little off and disorganized, have some apprehension about some life changes, the puppy is driving me mad. Emotionally skewed due to divorce and isolating a lot. Physically I feel weak, unshaven and dirty. Psychological is determined but fearful and suffering depression. Plan for the night clean up the puppy mess and organize my PC desktop as its horrendous with links to programs (did the 500 or so bookmarks the other day and sync them with browsers, I use 3 different ones and my phone using Xmarks). <- That takes a while to clean up.

Wishing everyone a good evening and enjoy the cool (if it is where you are).
                  "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ &amp; another 24...

Hey Empry :hug: Maybe just force yourself first thing in the morning to have a hot shower or bath, shave, eat something healthy or comforting and get out for a walk or do some stretching.. might be enough to up your mood a bit. For me a very warm shower and a nice cup of tea often does the trick.

Looking for 24 more AF hours!

Comment

Made it someway through Day 4 of cig quit and bought a pack. I have noticed the difference in mood,anxiety,panic & depression feelings and sleep patterns. Have stopped again at
                      Lunch and feel better already. Look to have another few days cig free and think it was more noticeable in 3 days health wise than the beer. Anyhow, another 24

Comment

"People can do whatever they want if they just set their heart to it, and just never give up, and just go out there and do it."

6:30am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                        [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22385]ssd858[/MENTION] [MENTION=20527]Marylou123[/MENTION] [MENTION=16893]Wildflowers[/MENTION] @ abcowboy
                        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Another cool morning here.
                          Have to travel for a funeral today, An old mentor and friend passed away, a little premature, he was 73. Had some trouble a few weeks past, and went downhill fast. I will see a lot of old friends, so that's a positive.
                          Hi to all, peace, and another 24 hours for all of us.

Comment

Sorry for your loss Mr.V 7:53 am 24 please
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I have to go to a visitation/memorial service this afternoon for a child of one of my old colleagues. The young man was only 41 yo. It's much too young!

24 please, and thank you. Today will be a great day not to drink!
                              Last edited by dill; August 26, 2017, 10:28 AM.
                              Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

[MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] - [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] - Am very sorry to read of these funerals. :sad: :hug: Hope you both find some comfort with family~friends near. It's one of the hardest things we go through in this life. In time, may there be a remembrance and possible celebration of life.

[MENTION=23850]empyr3al[/MENTION] - Think all this unfortunate grief/pain/depression your experiencing is a given. How could it not be. Understand. Have experienced this type of paralyzing depression before. Think sometimes the best thing to do is not fight it. Let it happen. Nurture your inner child Empy. Hope this quickly passes Empy!... You'll be back on your feet soon. Praying you feel a touch better today. Hope you ate. Hope your pup/little booger gave you some cuddles. The shower and shaving can wait until, you feel better. :hug: Please, be kind to beautiful Empy!... Please keep checking back in when your up to it. We care.....

Few hours left in this 24 and will keep it all AF. Hope everyone is doing well. Many prayers for our friends in Texas. :love:

Comment

Working...
                                X