No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5:22am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

A nice hot breakfast on another -45 morning!

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I might just trade this cold weather for 3 feet of snow [MENTION=1075]jude[/MENTION]38 lol. I have no idea how you shovel that much snow though!

I don't know if the rest of you get "Amber Alerts" on your phones or tv's, but last night we got an Amber Alert on both regarding the power grid. It seems this cold weather has taxed our power grid to the max all across Alberta. They are asking everyone to watch their power consumption, try not to use washers and dryers, put timers on vehicle plug in's, use microwaves instead of stoves/ovens, etc. Hopefully we'll get through this cold snap without having power outages.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning Cafe. Wow all this power outage and minus temps are crazy. I saw a -68 in Montana airport wind chill index. What do people do to stay warm?? I am guessing stay inside. Wood stoves? I am just trying to imagine. Wow. Well on a lighter note Cowboy thanks for the back door info and breakfast. We are not having terrible cold but clouds and rain for the last 14 days. It does get a bit depressing not seeing the sun. No drinking involved. I went to the store yesterday and passed the wine section with no issues. Im still thinking of my total shit show 2 weeks ago. Never wanting to repeat that nonsense. Wishing everyone a great day. Now that our covid is over we plan on going back to the gym and resume our routines. 24 more please and thank you and stay warm!!!

Comment

Had a lovely visit with SIL. That's crazy cold, ABC. It's 2F back home today and I can't even wrap my head around that!

I'm in for 24!

Comment

We just have frigid temps (but warm compared to Cowboy's 44 below), and a dusting of snow. It was about 5F this morning when we got up. We're expecting a high of 12F. I am relieved that we have left yesterday's high winds behind!

Rava, I'm glad you are going to look for Cowboy's WQD Cafe. I think of it as The Cafe's second location. I'll look for you over there. Hopefully Techie and Mulburry will migrate over as well. There's a rumor that Jude has registered too.

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
              Last edited by dill; January 14, 2024, 01:04 PM.
              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Originally posted by abcowboy View Post
                I might just trade this cold weather for 3 feet of snow [MENTION=1075]jude[/MENTION]I don't know if the rest of you get "Amber Alerts" on your phones or tv's, but last night we got an Amber Alert on both regarding the power grid. It seems this cold weather has taxed our power grid to the max all across Alberta. They are asking everyone to watch their power consumption, try not to use washers and dryers, put timers on vehicle plug in's, use microwaves instead of stoves/ovens, etc. Hopefully we'll get through this cold snap without having power outages.
                Ya that's crazy, and scary, can you imagine how endangering it would be to have blackouts in the kind of temps you guys are having out there?
                Speaking of which, we had a power outage here yesterday (disconcerting since our furnace requires electricity) but luckily it only lasted 2 hours. The previous couple days with minus 20C and strong winds have not been too pleasant, but it warmed up today (and winds died down) to -10c (yay!) and it was actually really nice getting out for a hike; with the snow and the sunshine it was quite majestic.

Rava, I'm glad you are going to look for Cowboy's WQD Cafe. I think of it as The Cafe's second location. I'll look for you over there. Hopefully Techie and Mulburry will migrate over as well. There's a rumor that Jude has registered too.
                I have the link saves but haven't registered. Is there much activity over there? I had thought it was more of a backup in case this site ever bit the dust...
                Last edited by Mulburry; January 14, 2024, 10:14 PM.

Comment

Cowboy, glad that your brother is doing better and was able to go home. Wow, -44?? Too cold for me!

There's supposed to be blizzard conditions today just north of where I live. They are expecting 1-3 feet of snow with high winds. Glad that our forecast here is nothing like that!

24 more for all of us...

Comment

It's dangerously cold over the whole continent. It's scary.

Mulburry, Cowboy checks in at the NQD site every day and posts a good quote. I usually just go there when MWO is down, but it is a good site and think very nicely done. The 24 Hour thread is really the only place that receives much traffic and that is just more or less when MWO shuts down. Have you looked around over there at all? I am really glad I registered.

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
                    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. I registered too on the alternate site.. We are volunteering at a luncheon for our local library. Should be fun. I am not complaining too much but still no sunshine here in the sunshine state. Rain and clouds since we got back. It’s also in the 50s which is freezing for us Florida people. Hope everyone has a great and sober day! 24 more please and thank you.

Comment

5:22am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
                        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

It's mostly just a back-up site for when MWO goes down [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION], a way for us to stay in contact until MWO is back up and running. As [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] said, I post there everyday just to keep the site active.

A tiny bit warmer this morning, but at least the temps are finally going back up to normal by later in the week.

Comment

I'll take 24 more!

Comment

[MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION].....

Comment

I'm in for another chilly 24 hours!

Comment

Working...
                                X