~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

[MENTION=16893]Wildflowers[/MENTION], the pup is still consistently running around in her pee. She is not allow in my bedroom because she will pee on my bed. She is getting better and going in the right spots. So cuddles are difficult as she is acting like she was still in her inferior kennel and stinks. I did shave but my razor is so close is looks like i have herperies or something. Mach Razors cut too close sometimes. Emparassing as I dont have that. My older dog 2 1/2 sleeps with me for hours and hours so that is cuddles. Pup not so easy as I don't trust her.

I just ate 4 eggs and roasted tomatoes with whole grain bread, so yeah I have eaten. Yes at 9pm, but its simple on an induction cooker and didnt feel like I wanted to spend an hour cooking like I normally do.

Repairing myself again unfortunately. Long term booked appointment for my assessment and to alter meds comes monday. Thanks for your kind words.

[MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] and [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], at my age (40) we are losing a person/friend a week to insanity and not old age. I pray you can manage it. Bothers me that people do not seek help. Thought it was on this board but actually a private FB forum, but someone lost their fiance and found them dead and gray. Its troubled me for a the last night and day as I can relate.

24 and its touch and go, hope my appointment helps my depression.
    Last edited by empyr3al; August 26, 2017, 09:37 PM.
    "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Maybe I should state rules for check in's as they are pretty strict around this area in rehabs. You cannot say you feel fine or okay. There are lists of words that are pretty comprehensive. Maybe a new thread?
      "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

Comment

It's 8:34 a.m. here and a quite cool and breezy day.. feels like the beginning of Autumn. I'm asking for 24 hours more, please! For all of us.

Comment

Ate my way through today.
          Pretty tired. No smokes. Another 24

Comment

Dill,that's really sad and my prayers go out to the family 5:44 in Vegas another 24 please for me and all here
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

"Today is all that I have, and it is all that I need!"

6:50am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks..

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
              [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=16893]Wildflowers[/MENTION] [MENTION=23850]empyr3al[/MENTION] abcowboy

Great to see you back Pauly!

What kind of new thread were you thinking Empty?

How's the SIL doing Ory?

41 is too darn young Dill, how was the memorial?

My cousin posted a pic on FB yesterday, thought I'd give it a go for breakfast for y'all this morning!

Last edited by abcowboy; August 27, 2017, 07:51 AM.
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

What the heck is it, AB? Looks yummy but I can't make out all the ingredients. Looks like ham, could that be chard?, onions? I'm hungry!

Comment

I think it's spinach LC,I notice spinach,eggs,ham and cheese is a pretty popular breakfast combo
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hugs to you Mr. V and Dillflower:hug: These losses hit hard.

Mr. empman - how soon we forget how hard puppies are! Remember they are worth it! Can you post a current pic of your
                    little tykes?

Neo - I was right there with you yesterday! I ate a ton!

Hi cowboy! How's it going up there? We all appreciate you keeping this going everyday, rain, snow or shine!

Hey Wildflowergirl, Paulygirl and LC! Hope all is well with you ladies!

This was a hellish week to quit again! First week of fall semester, I got food poisoning and it was super tough to get through the week!
                    I basically rested and slept all of Saturday! No drinking though... so yay! I think it was day 5 when I was hit with what felt like a wall
                    of Doom! When the depression hits...boy it hits hard! I think that is what you are feeling empy - I know it hurts like h###, but it will pass and it does seem like the next day the gloom lifts and its a better day. I am on day 10 now and happy to have made it!

So, another 24 please for all.

I hope today is a good day for all in the cattleman's cafe.
                    Last edited by ssd858; August 27, 2017, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Yes, I also wanted to send my best to both of you, Dill and Mr. V..:hug:

ssd, Well done! on 10 days.. despite everything. I am very happy and proud of you and glad to hear you're feeling better.

Pauly, I think you're right. I'd be curious to know what kind of bread it is, too.. mmmmm..

Comment

[MENTION=22385]ssd858[/MENTION] I will post when I'm not upset with her for eating my cat 6 cable to my pc from my router.

Comment

Pauly is right LC, and you were right with the onions! My cousin says not bread, it's a biscuit dough on top, she puts shredded potatoes in the bundt pan first, then all the rest of the ingredients followed by the biscuit dough. Our 2 oldest girls are mostly vegan, but all the rest of us including spouses are meat eaters so it's usually just bacon and eggs for breakfast when they are all here at Christmas. I'll make this, less the ham, add some peppers, and serve ham, bacon, and sausages as side dishes! Bubba says I have to try it out for us first, to make sure it turns out for me lol.

Things are going pretty good up here SSD, the farm boss texted this morning so it sounds like Bubba becomes a Farm Widow again starting Wednesday lol. I enjoy posting here, although I sometimes spend too much time looking for a daily quote as I don't want them taken out of context...
                          Last edited by abcowboy; August 27, 2017, 01:19 PM.
                          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I know how hard it can be to find the right quote, [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]. I used to do that a few years ago here on MWO on a different thread. I truly appreciate your efforts. The quotes are always good to ponder and always inspirational!

Thanks for another 24 more.
                            Last edited by dill; August 27, 2017, 05:04 PM.
                            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Sure do appreciate not poisoning myself with ethanol!... No booze this 24 hours, please. Thank you.....

@empyrl3al - Have you tried those wee pads? Our dogs were bigger breeds and could hold it longer. They would stand by the door when they wanted out. Or barked. Dogs generally just want to please us humans. Trying to remember what it was like when they were puppies. Think I said no if they peed with a harsh tone. Took them right away out side said this is where you do your business. Waited. As soon as they went, gave them treat and lots of praise in a high, gooey tone of voice. Did obedience classes. Same with chewing problems. Have to catch them in the act, so they associate negative and positive behavior. Even a wet rag or and towel frozen may help with teething pain. You obviously have one well behaved and loving dog. So it's just a matter of time and patience. Which is hard to deal with when it's happening. As for starting new thread. Think its ok to discuss most topics. Think I get what your saying. Don't tell the rehab how bad it is. Extremely sorry you've been losing friends at far too young of age. :hug: This is horrible!.... I hope your appt go's well Empy!... Its a crap shoot when trying new RX's. Hope your day is a bit better!.. Hopefully, you'll be back up soon. Remember to nurture your inner child. Glad your eating. Your dinner sounded good to me!

[MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION] - Now I'm worried I will eat-eat when I go NF. Still, its better then toxic ciggs. It really helped me the way you put your positive spin on not beating yourself up for NF slip. How you felt better when you jumped right back on your quit. I've been getting headaches and think it's from the smokes.

[MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION] - You are one hard worker!... Hope you take time to rejuvenate. In one way it keeps you young and in another not as much Maybe you could do a weekly quote. Or recycle some older ones. Try not to worry about offending anyone. People are going to have different perspectives. Many times in life I've learned something that at first I thought was mean or annoying. Hope I didn't take this out of context. I should have asked daughter how to copy and paste on Mac. This mouse is completely different. I know how to do it on other devices. I can't see next pg and am afraid of losing this post. So may have missed something or interrupted wrong. Sorry if this is the case. Your breakfast looked delish!... Thank you for everything you do for us!....

[MENTION=22385]ssd858[/MENTION] - Glad to hear your feeling better. No fun being sick. Sure do appreciate our teachers. Brave ones. Bless you....
                              Last edited by Wildflowers; August 27, 2017, 06:52 PM.

Comment

It's 6:26 here and a beautiful morning.. I'll take 24 hours more, please!

Comment

Working...
                                X