~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time to get breakfast out...

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Speak of the devil and there he is lol, great to have you back with us Mulburry.

Glad you found a way around the log in problem Rava, hopefully all the site problems will get sorted out. Staying away from temptation is as good a plan as any, if it works just keep doing it.

We've been getting these little traces of snow most every night, thankfully the leaf blower takes care of it and I don't need to resort to the shovel lol.
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Glad you are back, Mul! We are headed back next weekend toward your neck of the woods. Hope the good weather holds!

I'm really struggling right now. Life is so good, so the only thing I can put my finger on is the wrap up and trip home. Who knows?! Crazy brain!

Lovely brekkie, ABC. It's going to be a good day not to drink!

Comment

Rava, you seem to know yourself very well and know what you need to do. It's great that you are honoring yourself that way! I take it Mr. R is fine with sitting things out for now in support of you? Social situations are generally my downfall, so I would have to sit them out too if I were trying to get back on the wagon and stay there. Don't worry, it won't be forever.

Ginger, I bet you'll be better once you get settled back home. Hang in there.

Thank you for the awesome breakfast, Cowboy!

Great to see you back, Mulburry.

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
          Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Rava, you know what's best for you and if staying away from drinking occasions works for you than stick with it!

Ginger, I never know when and where those drinking thoughts will crop up. I do know, at least for me, that a relapse happens in my thoughts way before I pick up that first drink. Stay focused and remember how dark those drinking days really were.

24 more for all of us please...

Comment

I can't seem to catch up with time these days. It's already the last week of Lent! This is already Holy Week. Easter is coming up and I am keeping my fingers crossed for nice weather. We'd like to grill out that day and have a scavenger hunt. Fingers crossed.

Hoping to see techie sometime soon. Missing his voice here. Hope all is well with him.

24 more for all of us here.
              Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning everyone. I had the same log in problems but entering the thread then backing out and signing in seems to be working for now. Hope everyone had a good weekend. Thanks for breakfast Cowboy. I just missed you yesterday. Mr R and I went on a nice bike ride yesterday with our e bikes. We will probably take them north with us this year to be able to enjoy them even more. Ginger, I hope your brain stops all the chatter. Like Jude says, remember how dark things were when you were drinking heavily. I still want to buy a bottle of wine every time i go to the store. I sometimes enter the store and purposely go in the opposite direction so I don’t have to see it. When I am strong, I don't even care about it. Lately, I am struggling but doing what I have to do to stay sober from alcohol. Hope everyone has a great day today. 24 more please and thank you.

Comment

5:20am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
                  Jude58 Rava Ginger999 dill

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Hard to believe that Easter is only a few days away dill, Lent just flew by.

Not much snow left laying around anymore, but we'll probably get one more heavy dump before winter finally let's go. Been seeing lot's of geese fly by and I see the dove's are back. No gophers or robins yet, so spring isn't quite here yet lol.

Comment

Good morning! We had another rainy day. Almost finished a 550 piece puzzle.

No AL here! I'll take another.

Comment

Originally posted by abcowboy View Post
                        Hard to believe that Easter is only a few days away dillNot much snow left laying around anymore, but we'll probably get one more heavy dump before winter finally let's go. Been seeing lot's of geese fly by and I see the dove's are back. No gophers or robins yet, so spring isn't quite here yet lol.
                        Tons of robins around here now (and birds are really going crazy), and shrubs/trees are starting to bud... the crocuses have already come and gone. Even though we're back to more wintery temps (well 7C if you can call it that) it seems like that heatwave a week ago kicked off all the spring arrival in the flora and fona. Not sure if it will translate to Alberta but supposed to get sunny and very springl-ike again just in time for easter weekend.

Comment

I've been seeing lots of robins lately, but also the red-winged blackbirds have come back. When I hear their call, I always know that Spring is just around the corner.

Everyone around here is talking about the upcoming solar eclipse in April. A few miles north of us is where the total darkness of the eclipse will last the longest. Very cool!

24 more for all of us please...

Comment

Spring is definitely here! Mr. D and I went on a walk in the woods and looked for wildflowers. We fount bloodroot, spring beauties and Dutchman's breeches just coming through the ground!

Everyone around here is really excited about the eclipse. I am keeping my fingers crossed that the clouds stay away.

24 more please and thank you.
                            Last edited by dill; March 26, 2024, 05:39 AM.
                            Dill

Comment

Good Morning Cafe. I need to check into this eclipse. I have not heard about it but will know about it by the end of the day! Hope everyone has a great and sober day. 24 more please!

Comment

5:17am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
                                Jude58 dill Rava Ginger999 Mulburry

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Working...
                                X