No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know we'll get to see some of the eclipse, not near as much as the people further east though. It'll still be amazing to watch though.
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

We will only see a little of the eclipse

This weather is so odd. Intermittent rain continues. I'd normally be fine with it but we need to put things away and I'd prefer them dry before we do!

I'm teaching myself to play the ukulele. I'm hoping to teach my great grandson as he gets a little older. He plays his little piano and guitar while he sings along. All is rather indistinguishable but still so darling! I feel like he has "music making" in his blood, just like his great great grandpa.

Having the neighbors over for dinner and cards tonight. There will be no AL for me!

Comment

Good Morning Cafe. Ginger, learning to play the ukulele sounds like a fun new hobby. I am sure you have mixed feelings about packing up and leaving your friends. I will be in that same situation in another 6 weeks. I will be watching the eclipse on April 8. Had to do some research about this. We had a major bridge collapse yesterday in which a cargo ship hit a pillar and collapsed the bridge like matchsticks. Very scary and certainly makes you think twice about driving over a bridge if a cargo ship is passing under. Very scary. Wishing everyone a good and sober day. 24 more please than thank you. Techie, you still there?

Comment

5:25am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
          Jude58 dill Rava Ginger999

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

An interesting instrument to learn how to play Ginger, how did you decide on that one? Do you play any others?

That was quite the accident Rava, can't imagine how the families of the missing are taking it.

Comment

Rava, I saw the footage of the bridge collapse. Very scary, and it makes me not want to cross any bridges in the future.

Ginger, good for you learning how to play the ukulele. When it comes to musical ability, I have none. The last instrument I played was a clarinet back in grade school. I kinda sucked at it...

The eclipse is turning out to be a big deal around here, and a lot of people will be traveling to this area to view it. Looks to be a lot of crowds and traffic, but I'll be watching it from my backyard.

24 more for all of us please...

​​​​

Comment

Jude, I bet your area will be crazy for a few days. It seems the news has a segment every day about the eclipse. Glad you can stay home for the experience.

ABC, I played guitar 40 years ago with my dad. He died at 59 and I put it down and never picked it up again. Ukulele is easier because it's mostly strumming so thought I'd give it a try. There's a group here I can join once I get the hang of it.

The bridge collapse was a terrible accident. I'm keeping all in my thoughts. Rava, was it close to your tiny home?

We lost three guys in the park this past week. Two were kind of expected, the other not so much. Just a reminder to live each day to the fullest and count your blessings! Ill take another.

Comment

Ukelele sounds like fun, Ginger! I have a friend who has joined a dulcimer group. I think both would be fun and easy to pick up. I played guitar years ago but never got very proficient. I also played piano, but again, never really got very far. I love music and singing. Mr. D is a natural musician and when we years and years ago, he was performing in a coffee house. I didn't know him then, but went to the coffee house to listen. I fell in love with his voice that night, but did not meet him until several years later! He and I used to play and sing together all the time.

24 more for all of us please and thank you.
                  Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Originally posted by Jude58 View Post
                    I've been seeing lots of robins lately, but also the red-winged blackbirds have come back. When I hear their call, I always know that Spring is just around the corner.
                    We usually get a lot of those around here as well, haven't seen any yet, but will have to keep my eye out next time I go to the marsh.

Rava, I saw the footage of the bridge collapse. Very scary, and it makes me not want to cross any bridges in the future.
                    Yes, quite the catastrophe. But just to put your mind at ease, you probably have a million times higher chance of getting hit by lightning than being on bridge when a container ship runs into, haha.

Comment

Good morning cafe! Here's to another sober day!

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Dill, you married your musician. Thats a very cool story. The bridge collapse was not real close to us but I have been over that bridge many times throughout the years. I agree Mul, that the chances of that happening again are slim. Yesterday I had to make a quick trip to Walmart and found myself in the wine section. I am so happy to say that I said NO in my mind and left the wine alone. Now this morning I am really happy that I did not cave and drink that damned bottle. You would think as time goes on it would be easier. Sometimes, it’s not! The struggle is real. I hope everyone has a great and sober day!

Comment

5:22am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                          Rava Jude58 Ginger999 dill Mulburry

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Great job on skipping the wine section Rava, it will get easier and easier if you stick with it.

That's the first time I've heard of "love at first hearing" dill lol, and then to end up getting married to the man and voice you fell in love with completes the story.

Comment

Such a sweet story, Dill. I could easily fall in love with a voice!

Rava, the struggle is real! My cravings are off the charts right now. I've been shoving sugar in my pie hole trying to squash them. ODAAT

Hi, Jude, Mul, ABC. Ill take another day but it may not be sugar free!

Comment

Late check in here as today was a volunteer day. We've run into a plumbing issue here, so there is no running water inside the house. It looks like it may be a day or two. Luckily, we have outdoor spigots, so we at least can get water for drinking and we can carry some in to do dishes.

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
                                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Working...
                                X