No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice for y'all that got to see the eclipse. Here we could actually a tiny bit, it was cloudy but at times the sun shone through the clouds and you could see the quarter chunk of it missing; not very spectacular to look at but cool knowing the signifigance of it.
    Got out for good hike again for the first time in a while, amazing how green everything is in the bush now, really feels like spring; perfect spring day too, sunny and about 15C.

Comment

Yes Mulburry, it's starting to feel like Spring around here as well. It's so nice to see all of the flowers blooming now that we're finally getting some warmer temps. I'm sitting on the back porch listening to the peepers (tree frogs) singing.

Rava, hope that your dentist appointment went well yesterday. Today I have to go in for a routine mammogram; personally, I'd rather go to the dentist!

24 more for all of us...

Comment

5:20am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
        Jude58 Rava Ginger999 dill Mulburry

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

How did it go with the dentist Rava, all good I hope.

Spring is definitely in the air here as well, not as much as you others, but hardly any snow left and the gophers are out and the robins are back.
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Dental appointment was a wait and see over old crowns. I hear ya Ginger, If it ain’t broke dont fix it. I will wait longer until it becomes an issue. Jude, I hope your mammogram goes well. My best friend who is 72 has never had one and went yesterday for the first time at the request of her doctor. She actually had a panic attack over it. I guess having them every year you kind of take it for granted. I was quite surprised that she never had one. I guess we each worry about different things in life. Sounds like spring is popping for you Mul. Living in FL its always spring so I kind of forget how nice it is to finally see flowers and buds after a cold winter. I hope everyone has a great day today. No booze in my house or on my mind. Let this day begin! 24 more please.

Comment

Still working on the cut bank left by our home construction. Not sure I mentioned it but the bid was $35,000 to beautify it. There was no way that was happening so I started the work myself. I had to bully my hubby to let me do it. I don't need his help. Personally, I'd rather do it alone. I'm a loner when it comes to projects but this is a big one! Anyway, I'll peck away at it until I get it done! Besides, its perfect weather for yard work.

No booze here! I'll take another.

Comment

Mr. D put out a new little apple tree yesterday. The weather was perfect. The rain held off until the UPS truck brought the tree. We put it in the ground and then the rain began. Perfect planting weather.

Glad your dentist appointment went well, Rava.

Wow, Ginger! That sounds like a HUGE project. I hope you take before and afters.

24 more please and thank you.

Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

No power or Internet this morning so I'm using my phone to check in. Hate typing on it so this is a short post. Asking for another 24 for all of us!

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Wow Ginger that is a huge task. I am willing to bet your husband will end up helping you. It’s good exercise and if you are in no rush then it’s worth it. Dill, a little apple tree sounds nice! Jude, hope your power comes back soon. I hate using my iphone for reading or typing. Hope everyone has a great day. 24 more for me please and thank you.

Comment

Hope your power comes back on soon, Jude. I hate it when the power is out. We actually put in a generator years ago after we had a bad storm that caused a week long power outage in our area. Our generator doesn't power up everything, but just the core of what we really need. It comes on automatically and runs on propane.

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.

Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:17am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
                        Jude58 Rava Ginger999 dill

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Hopefully the mammogram went well Jude, and that the power gets restored soon.

Have you any ideas on what you want to do with the beautification project Ginger? I'd also like to see pics of what you're doing.

The apple tree in our backyard is getting quite old dill, but think we'll just stick with it until it has to be removed. We can get lots of apples from the tree at the farm so there's really no need for one here in town.

Glad the dentist appointment went well Rava, hopefully you won't need any dental work for a long while.

Comment

Funny. I never use anything but my phone these days. I haven't used my computer for anything in months. I even print docs from my phone.

I'd love an apple tree, Dill. What type did you get? I eat an apple everyday! Sadly, we don't want to use water and our soil is caliche so the only things we have are what lives around us. Therefore, its bunch grass, sagebrush and rabbit bush, primarily.

My project will be building a rock river across the hillside and laying down mulch. The upper, steepest area will be covered with burlap erosion cloth so it stops eroding. Well, I hope it does. If it doesn't, I may invest in a core 10 wall along that portion. Core 10 is what we have on the lower portion of our house. It's a rusty steel that blends beautifully with our surroundings. I love rusty metal!

Yesterday, I built Cyrus a two story cat enclosure he'll enter through the garage. I'm waiting for the cat tree to get here before I let him use it.

Taking the day off to excise and hang out with my sisters and their grands and great grands! Should be a hoot. Ages 1-3 years old. Love that age! I wish my great grands were in town so they could join us!

That was a loooong post! I'll take another!

Comment

Comment

Wow Ginger, you are quite ambitious with all of your projects, and it looks like this latest one is a biggie. You have more energy than I do!

Speaking of trees, we have a peach tree on our property which produces a lot of fruit every year. We make canned peaches and jam every Fall. Last year there was so much fruit that some of the branches broke from the weight. N.Y. is one of the top producers of apples in the country, second only to Washington. In the Fall we go to one of the many orchards nearby and pick loads of apples and then make applesauce and can them. Yum!

Here's to another 24 for all of us...

Comment

Working...
                                X