No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry the weather doesn't seem to want to cooperate Jude. I'm sure you'll have fun anyway. Here's what Henry Wadsworth Longfellow wrote about a rainy day:

"The Rainy Day."

The day is cold, and dark, and dreary;
    It rains, and the wind is never weary;
    The vine still clings to the moldering wall,
    But at every gust the dead leaves fall,
    And the day is dark and dreary.
    My life is cold, and dark, and dreary;
    It rains, and the wind is never weary;
    My thoughts still cling to the moldering Past,
    But the hopes of youth fall thick in the blast
    And the days are dark and dreary.
    Be still, sad heart! and cease repining;
    Behind the clouds is the sun still shining;
    Thy fate is the common fate of all,
    Into each life some rain must fall,
    Some days must be dark and dreary.

24 more for all of us please and thank you.
    Last edited by dill; May 5, 2024, 05:10 AM.
    Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:19am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks....

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
      Jude58 Rava dill Ginger999

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

It's breakfast time...

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Thanks for sharing that Rainy day poem Dill. Cowboy I love a good runny egg! Yum. Cant wait to eat some crispy scrapple when I get up north! Hope everyone has a great Sunday. 24 more please!

Comment

Had a lovely BBQ with the kids. The grands are getting to the age where they don't always attend due to jobs and such. Still great to see those that could be there! It's good to be back in the fold.

Might work on the cut bank a little today. I'm feeling a little off with allergies so may lay low instead. Playing that by ear.

Hope we all have an easy day!! I'll take one more.

Comment

Thanks for the poem dill, it sure does put things into perspective.

Raining or not, it's a good day not to drink!

Comment

Yummy breakfast yesterday, Cowboy. Like Rava, runny eggs are me very favorite! Thank you.

Did you have a pleasant dinner with your friends Jude?

My brother and his wife have decided to move to the next stage of their journey together. They are empty-nesters now and have made the decision to sell their home, down-size and move to Florida. I envy them and you, Rava! My hb and I will stay in our home until we are no longer able to do otherwise. I think it makes more sense to downsize but I have no chance of convincing Mr. D of that.

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
                Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:18am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
                  Jude58 dill Rava Ginger999

Comment

Sounds like y'all had pretty good weekends with visiting and whatnot. We had visitors as well, Bubba's cousin and his wife were out for a visit on Saturday and had supper with us.

No downsizing for us, we actually upsized when we made the move to Vegreville lol. I don't want to go through another move so I'll just be content with the way things are.

Got a call from the farm boss yesterday, he got seeding underway starting on Saturday and I'll head out today for a ride-along for a bit of a refresher then probably run on my own for a while. It might be short day as the rain is supposed to come this afternoon and stay with us till sometime late Tuesday night.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Dill, I wish your brother and SIL success on their move. We love Florida except the hurricane part. Downsizing is so freeing. When we downsized, we literally gave everything away and only brought with us what we could carry in our car. Im sitting her this morning on my little screened in porch watching 2 birds build their nest in my tree. Once she lays eggs I will post a picture. Love all the activity of these little birds. Hope everyone has a great Monday. 24 more please!

Comment

Well, there's one thing for sure, there's a million ways to do this retirement thing!

We ran two pizzas up to my gdaughter's new place yesterday for the work party. My son is installing them a 6ft high vinyl fence to keep his two gbabies safe as a house warming gift. Wow! I think I got a house plant from my folks. Lol Times have changed!

Off to work out! I'll take another.

Comment

Dill, we had a nice dinner with our friends on Sunday. Neither of them drink which means no temptation for me. Yay!

How the planting go yesterday cowboy?

I'll take another 24...

Comment

Yes, how did it go, Cowboy?

24 more, please and thank you.
                            Dill

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Happy Tuesday. Wishing everyone a stress free and sober day. 24 more please and thank you.

Comment

5:20am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
                                Jude58 dill Rava Ginger999

Comment

Working...
                                X