No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ginger, would love to see a video of the cut bank project, wish that I had your ambition!

24 more for all of us...

Comment

Dentist was trying, but I made it. It was prepping a tooth for a crown, following a root canal. I like my dentist and he plays good music in the background so that helped. He had Pandora playing the Paul Simon channel. Lots of nice oldies.

I would love to see a video of your bank, Ginger. I don't have anything much going on here lately but I shall try to think of a short video too. If I make one I think you will all enjoy.

Gloomy and cool here yesterday and today. But last evening was our gson's graduation which was just a wonderful event! So proud of him!

24 for all of us here, please.

Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

4:43am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
        Jude58 dill Rava Ginger999

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I'd love to see some videos from y'all and see what life is like for everyone else.

Does your gson have any thoughts on what he'd like to do once school is done dill?

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning. Would love to see video of your project Ginger. Cowboy I noticed your Canadian accent immediately. A lot of my Florida neighbors are Canadian. I was surprised by the strict rules of 170 days a year out of the country is all you get. My friend said she stopped taking people over the border for doc apppointments or the airport because it counts against her 170 days. Dill great news on your grandsons graduation. My grandaughter is graduating next week and thats why we are heading north this weekend. Hope everyone has a great wednesday. 24 more please and thank you.

Comment

ABC, tell us how that 170 days works? How is it kept track of? Curious! I remember during covid when things started to shut down, the Canadians left in hoards to get back into Canada before the boarders closed. It was a sight to see!

Congrats ladies on your grand baby's graduations. Time surely does fly. My third granddaughter was off work yesterday and wanted to hangout so she came out and helped me on the cut bank! Her help cut at least 3 days off the project! I was so thankful. Blessed!

Off to workout then spend a couple more hours on it. I'll take another!

Comment

Good morning cafe! Interesting about the 170 day rule, and I hadn't heard of it until now.

Looking forward to another day of freedom...

Comment

4:48am in Alberta, 24 more please...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
                  Jude58 dill Rava Ginger999

Comment

I have no idea about the 170 rule Ginger, I'd have to Google it lol. Shows you how much I travel out of the country haha.

Comment

Good morning! Yesterday, I ended up watching my greats so my granddaughter could answer phones for the hospice care facility she used to work for. She was their nurse. Now she triages for them once or twice a week when they need her, just to keep her feet wet. Whew! That's as much exercise as working the cut bank! Today, she's coming my way to help finish the mulch. Not sure how that will work with the littles but Papa will help with the 2 year old boy. We will both be equally tired tonight. Lol

Counting my blessings and asking for another day! Ps... going to Google the 170 day thing too.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Glad you had more help Ginger. Cant wait to see the pictures. My Canadian friends said they can leave the country for a total of 170 days per year maximum or they are fined. So the ones that have condos down here left around Easter to get back. They said it’s very strict on their time allowed out of the country. I have never googled it and only go by what they tell me. Last night at 230 am my cell phone rang and i immediately jumped up to see who it was. It was from Nevada. Probably a wrong number but my heart was beating out of my chest thinking someone had died or was injured. UGH. I need to put my phone on Do Not Disturb but then if a real call came it I would miss it. Might have to take a nap today. Hope everyone has a great day. 24 more please and thank you.

Comment

Rava, I had the same thing happen to me a few nights ago. My phone rang at 1:00 am and of course the first thing that I thought was that someone had died. Turns out that it was my cousin and he had accidentally butt dialed me. I was so relieved.

Mr. J got the gardens tilled yesterday and tomorrow we are going to the farmers market to pick up some veggie plants. Can't wait!

I'm in for another 24 hours...

Comment

I was surprised to see that I did not post yesterday and then I thought about yesterday and realized it was because it was my volunteer day, and I leave really early. While I was at work Mr. D asked me if I would like to go visit with his brother and sil which meant leaving immediately after returning home and driving an hour to meet them. it was a big change in routine which pushed my online time to the background. I didn't even think of it until this morning!

Cowboy, I don't think my gson knows at this point what he wants to pursue. He graduated with training from the Career Center in auto bod collision certification.

I'm curious about the 170 thing. I guess I'll googe it.

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
                            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Dill, Im sure if your grandson continued in auto collision, he will do extremely well. Today I am continuing to pack up and get ready to leave here. I have mixed feelings but definitely ready to see our families. Looks like rain for the entire drive. UGH. Planning on leaving in the early morning hours to get out of Florida before daybreak on Sunday. Thinking Sunday may be the best travel day to avoid rush hour week day traffic. That may be good or bad. Who knows. Yesterday we went out to dinner and got stuck in traffic. Turns out there was a 12 car pileup which diverted traffic in our neighborhood. It was a complete mess. I hope everyone has a great Friday. 24 more please and thank you.

Comment

5:17am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                                Jude58 Ginger999 Rava

Comment

Working...
                                X