No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So sorry for you loss, Mulburry. It's always a shock when someone dear to us dies. Also sorry you have been feeling so poorly. I hope you are getting better each day.

Ginger, I see no icons or little squares within your post. I am using Edge as a browser. I don't know if that makes a difference.

Cowboy, thanks for the hearty breakfast yesterday!

24 more hours for all of us here, please and thank you
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Mulburry, I'm so sorry about your Dad. Even when it's expected, it's still a hard loss. It's good to see you back here and that you're still af.

Ginger, great video, and your place is gorgeous You are so lucky to live there!

​​​​​​Rava, hope that the rest of your trip goes smoothly!

I couldn't log on yesterday, and then I forgot to try later.

24 more please...

Comment

5:20am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
        dill Rava Ginger999 Mulburry

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Great to see you again Mulburry, condolences on the loss of your dad. Big game tonight, of course I'm rooting for the Oilers lol.

Not sure what icons you're talking about Ginger, I don't see any icons or little squares.

I've been back in Veg for a couple of days because of being rained out. Raining again this morning so it might be a few more days before we're back in the field.
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Mul, so very sorry for the loss of your dad. I hope you find comfort in good memories of him. Hope your health struggles are in the rear view mirror soon.

Thanks for letting me know about the missing icons. I check in on my phone, so occasionally I throw in one or two in my posts using the ones on my phone keyboard. Good to know that don't work.

Rava, how goes it?

Gorgeous morning here. Watching the quails and other birds feed. And counting my blessings!

Off to workout and back to finish getting the 5th wheel ready for a week of company. I'm a little anxious about the visit. We aren't used to having someone stay with us that long. She's a lovely person so I'm sure it will be fine.

ABC, enjoy your time at home with Bubba.

Hope we all have an easy day! I'll take another.

Comment

24 more for all of us please...

Comment

Ginger, your guest is surely lucky to have such a beautiful place to visit for a few days. I'm sure you will all enjoy the time.

Mr. D has begun gathering up firewood for next winter already. This time of year is good for that because of the cooler temperatures. There were 4 osage trees that had fallen over in the woods so they were the ones cut up and put in the barn to be split. I'm afraid he is really sore from the effort though. I think he over did it.

Got our first cucumbers from the garden yesterday!

How's the planting going, Cowboy?

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. So glad you checked in Mul and very sorry about the loss of your dad. Mr. R and I made it to our destination at 10:30 pm. We decided to drive straight thru since the Sunday traffic was not terrible. It was a long long day. Yesterday was spent working on our place. Ginger, I got a notice from the HOA that our weeds were out of control so I was thinking about your project and my little weed patch was really nothing. LOL. I weeded it and going to put down a weed barrier and mulch. The weeds were bigger than my shrubs. Hope everyone has a good day. Feels good to be in the tiny home. 24 more please and thank you!

Comment

5:22am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                    dill Jude58 Ginger999

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Glad you made it safe even though it was a long and tiring drive Rava. Hopefully it didn't take long to get the weeds under control.

You'd think as we get older we'd know to take it a bit easier on our bodies eh dill, hope Mr D isn't too sore this morning. People up here are just planting their gardens and you're already enjoying cucumbers from yours!

I'm sure you'll enjoy having the company Ginger, you'll find many things to do to fill the days.

It finally quit raining sometime through the night so now we need some sun to dry things up enough to get back in the fields. We're pretty close to half done, wheat is all in and about 260 acres left to finish up the barley. Not sure if we'll seed the oats next or start on the canola, those decisions I leave up to Corey lol.

Comment

Rava, glad you're back to your tiny home, safe and sound! We get letters about our tiny yards too, if they get weedy. Enjoy all the family time coming your way.

Dill, cucumbers already? Wow! What variety? Hope Mr D isn't sore too long.

ABC, I'm always surprised how fast you guys get the planting done! You're so close already!

Hi, Jude. Anything new with you?

I'm headed to get a massage this morning. I'm just not bouncing back from the work on the cut bank. When will I learn? Dummy I'll take another!

Comment

Thanks everyone.

Originally posted by abcowboy View Post
                          Big game tonight, of course I'm rooting for the Oilers lol..
                          I was rooting for the Oilers too, glad to see them win. I'm a Colorado Avalanche fan (since the Quebec Noridiques days), but I like the Oilers as well (they were technically my first team as I was born in Edmonton), and now that the Avs are out, I'm fully behind the Oil.

Dill, cucumbers already?.
                          Haven't done much planting in my mon's garden this year, but luckily the currents, gooseberries and raspberries are all coming nicely of their own accord (with a little weeding). And we have some new grape vines coming over from the neighbor's property (the previous one's finally died off last year), but not sure if we'll get grapes this year. And a new plum tree (also not sure if we'll get plumbs). I don't mind in any case, fruit/berries is the easiest to grow (practically grows itself) and the most delecious!

Comment

Glad that you made it back to your tiny house safe and sound Rava. I'm glad that we aren't a part of an HOA; we would have a stack of letters from them regarding weeds!

Wow dill, you are already picking cucumbers? We haven't even planted ours yet!

Here's to 24 hours of freedom for all of us...

Comment

I know it's crazy we got 2 cucumbers so early! It took me by surprise. In fact, I had just bought 2 cucumbers at Kroger day before yesterday! Mr. D started his plants in the greenhouse, and we have had good early planting conditions, so he got ahead of the game. Crazy, huh?

New Thai restaurant in our area! The next town over from us is just 8 miles away and it is in that town. We tried it yesterday and it was great! We will try to eat there often to support them.

Glad you made it home safe and sound, Rava!

Sounds like you are making excellent progress on the planting, Cowboy. Hope Conditions allow you to get it done soon

I don't think I could pass muster under an HOA either, Jude. The weeds are definitely ahead at this point because it's been so wet. But I'm playing the long game!

Ginger, you and Mr. D are kindred spirits in terms of pushing yourselves a bit too far. But at least you take time for self care. Mr. D just keeps pushing!

Hey Mul, do you think you'll make anything with those gooseberries? We have gooseberries here but usually the birds get them before I get out to pick them!

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.

Dill

Comment

Good Morning Cafe. I understand dealing with an HOA can be exhausting but I am glad that they monitor this place so closely. With a bunch of trailers/modular homes all so close to each other, having rules and standards makes it a very nice place. Keeps up our property values. So I am not complaining. Hope everyone has a great Wednesday. 24 more for me please and thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                X