No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5:18am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
    Jude58 dill Rava Ginger999 Mulburry

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

So true, Rava. In such close confines without the rules, things get so junky. I've seen it many times in our travels.

Off to pick up my friend at the airport. I'll take another!

Comment

Originally posted by dill View Post
        Hey Mul, do you think you'll make anything with those gooseberries? We have gooseberries here but usually the birds get them before I get out to pick them
        We usually just eat them because there's not that many. Lot's of currents (red and black) though, so we often make freezer jam out of those.
        Last edited by Mulburry; May 23, 2024, 12:40 AM.

Comment

Good morning cafe! Sitting on the back porch drinking coffee and listening to the breeze rustling through the trees. Small pleasures...

Cease to be grateful, cease to be sober...

24 more please...

Comment

We seem to be going thru a spate of rainy weather here. It's unfortunate bc our farmer friend hasn't been able to get the hay in. Clock is ticking! He had a stroke last winter and has be healing ever so slowly. He is in his upper 70's. He and his wife are down-sizing. The stroke pushed him to having to sell the bulk of his cattle. He kept a small herd for his daughter to oversee and have some income. He is no longer making hay anywhere but here. But not until the rain stops!

24 for all of us here, please and thank you.
            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:16am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
              Jude58 dill Rava Ginger999 Mulburry

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

We've got the same kind of weather dill, it showers on and off all day but the next day it stays cloudy, no rain but no sun either so the fields won't dry. Then another day of showers followed by cloudy days. We're going to be up against the calendar pretty soon if the weather doesn't improve in a big hurry.

Comment

Morning all! Picked up my friend. Not sure what today will bring but I'll take another

Comment

Dill, that's sad about your farmer friend, but there comes a time when our bodies aren't able to do the work that we once did.

Cowboy, I hope that the weather improves so that you can get the all of the seeding done soon.

I'm in for another 24 hours...

Comment

4:47am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

I'll start mentioning everyone again tomorrow now that we're able to post again.

Comment

Sunday morning breakfast time!

Comment

I see they got the database error issue resolved, thanks again to the tech support people for all their hard work!

We finally got back into the field late afternoon on Thursday. Finished up the barley and oats and now started on canola. Think we're right around 65% done now.

Comment

Yummy breakfast, Cowboy! Thanks.

I wasn't able to get on yesterday or the day before. Thanks to the tech support for getting the data base issue worked out! Good to be back in the Cafe and just in time for the Sunday morning spread!

We were going to try to have a grill out today but Mother Nature has decided today would be a good day for a good soaking. So we are going to try for tomorrow instead.

24 more for all of us here.

Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. It’s good to be back without the data base error. Thanks to technical support for fixing this issue. Hope everyone has a great Sunday. We are headed up the road to visit 3 of our grandkids. 24 more please and thank you. PS thanks for the great breakfast Cowboy! 24 more please and thank you.

Comment

Good to be back in the Cafe! It's been pretty busy with adventures with my friend. We've had lovely weather too. Feeling blessed.

Thank you tech support for getting us back up and running! Rava, enjoy your babies. Yummy brekkie, ABC!

I'll take another!

Comment

Working...
                                X