~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

[MENTION=16893]Wildflowers[/MENTION], I hate when I make something "yumbo" and forget the ingredients! All you can do is try again and see if you can come close. I reheated and served the lentil soup yesterday when we had a guest. The guest loved it and asked me how I spiced it. Like you, I did not write down! I can still remember tho, so better do that. But, the answer to the spice question: I used 2 cloves of garlic a couple of teaspoons of curry powder, a half teaspoon of cumin and turmeric.

[MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION], Sometimes I read around on other threads and I often regret that I don't really have time to join in on a regular basis on those threads. Lots of good people and good posts. The Steppers, the Newbies Nest and others.

[MENTION=22385]ssd858[/MENTION], I hope you are back to feeling normal again.

24 more hours, please.
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

6:15am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
      [MENTION=9531]catch22[/MENTION] [MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=22385]ssd858[/MENTION] [MENTION=16893]Wildflowers[/MENTION] abcowboy

Well then SSD, I wasn't late, I was early lol, Happy Birthday anyway!

I keep a calendar with the sobriety dates, birthdays, anniversaries, etc Wildflowers, when I read of a date on the threads, I put it in my calendar..
      Last edited by abcowboy; September 11, 2017, 07:15 AM.
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Morning all, Just heard from my niece in Tampa, who has talked with her mom, my sister, and mom, and everyone is safe. No power. Too early to tell about how much damage there is, as it's still occuring. Storm surge is still coming up at this time, so things could get worse as far a damage, but people are safe. I know at least 25 people in the Tampa/St. Pete area, and even more around the state, Miami, West Palm, Jacksonville. So far everyone is safe, thankfully. Now we await damage reports. We got lucky as the storm downgraded.
        Thanks for your thoughts and prayers.
        Great quotes [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION], certainly somethings to contemplate.
        Happy birthday SSD.
        Pauly, Dill, WF, Empy, I made some Colorado green Chili last week, and it was "Yumbo" as WF says!
        Waves to Cowboy, Nora, Neo, and Catch! I know I forgot someone, sorry!
        24 more for all of us please, we sure can use it!

Comment

Great news Mr V! Thanks for keeping us informed!

I remember back to the big Québec Ice Storm where people were without power for weeks, the landfills got overloaded with fridges and freezers. The food in them spoiled and people couldn't get rid of the smell and ended up buying new appliances! Just one more thing to keep in mind, empty them if you're going to be without power for an extended period...
          Last edited by abcowboy; September 11, 2017, 07:26 AM.
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good to hear Mr.V
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Thank you all for the birthday wishes. The actual day is Wed.
              Day 3 and feeling human again. I am thinking of not doing the daily check
              in as it might be adding extra pressure.
              Last edited by ssd858; September 11, 2017, 09:04 AM.

Comment

Please - we all need 24 AF hours!... Thank you!...

[MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] - Love it when guests enjoy our home made meals. If I was younger and had money to invest, I'd like a B&B. Cooking is a love thing for me. Think growing up I associated my grandparents with food=love. It's something I can give, that others appreciate. When I was in my 20's -30's I dreamed of having a food cart downtown. But, I knew when the homeless people came, I'd given it away. I have a tender heart for them and the elderly. Mu hubs tells his co-workers this story. Cause I cook, send treats with him to work. A few of our customers enjoy some of my homemade food. May be Italian at heart. Anyway, I never heard of using tumeric in lentil soup. I have some in cupboard. I do seem to put garlic in almost everything. Cumin is good for lentil soup. Hubs doesn't like curry. Okay sorry for writing you a book. I better hurry up and get on the rd. Hope you have a good day!.. Enjoy our foodie talks with everyone here.

[MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION] - Thank you for explaining how you keep up with celebrations. I use to be so good at this. Spent almost ten yrs room mother and school volunteer. Worked part time at nights. My brain isn't working like it once did. Alcohol abuse. Plus thyroid hell when hypoT. Still am grateful for good days. Some times I have a difficult time reading. This disease has effected my eyes. Thanks for the tips on emptying fridge!

[MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] - Such good news about your family enduring Irma!!!... :smile: Glad your niece was able to reach you. Your mind and heart can rest a little now. Hope they'll get their electricity back soon!.. Praying the storm surge will be minimal!!... So thankful as this could be even worse. Hubs has been glued to news. I have to take breaks. Your Colorado green chili sounds "Yumbo". Wished we could all have a chili cook off. :smile: [MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION] Is the one who coined "Yumbo". All credit to him. I just like his word immensely. Texted kids pics of my food/experiments and am now using "Yumbo". They think it's cool. They think I came up with it. Have used my own fun language with them for years. Told them a cool - cat from down under shared. Thx Neo...

[MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION] - Day one NF. Doing OK. The lozenges has helped. Was suppose to dissolve in 20-30 min. It lasted over an hr. It really has curbed the cravings. Have some other tips if you want. Am receiving daily texts. Hope your doing OK.

[MENTION=22385]ssd858[/MENTION] - If you really feel that posting on this thread is putting extra pressure on you, than maybe take a brake. Please - be careful as this could be your addictive voice trying to sabotage you. For some people the 24 AF isn't the right mindset. Others are able to draw a line in the sand and say never again. Think experimenting during our slips and relapses will teach us which works best. Some use both. I think of never, as walking through the Rain Forest, it's never ending. This analogy helped me to stop over thinking which method was more successful. I'm free at a later time to implement "Never Again". But, for now 24 hrs is easier to manage. Think your three days in. Can you possibly give your sobriety a few more days. Head may be clearer. I wanted to share last night. I turned double nickels this summer. I was on a bad bender. Pizzed off hubs and don't remember much. Next day (my b-day) he never texted, called to wish me a happy b-day. When he came home he didn't say much. Including no bday wishes. I stayed home all day by myself. I was out of poisonous/ethanol. Hung over, depressed, isolated, lonely, ect. Our kids sent me flowers and texts. I know how horrible you feel. I'm tearing up now. Now, let me fast fwd. It was a month on 9/2. I'm feeling so much better. My marriage is back on track. My kids don't know how bad it is as they live out of state. But, believe me they know from the past. I've lost jobs, friendships, and nearly my life. Literally!... I beg you to not drink just for today. You can do this!!!.... You will feel better by Wed your real Birthday. Just keep putting one foot in front of the other. The four D's: Deep breaths, Drink water, Do something else, and Delay. Wished I could be of more help. There are so many loving and good people here who will reach out and help if you want or need. Going out of town soon. When I get home, if you want I'll give you my cell# if you need to talk or text. Praying for you!... :hug: Hope your Birthday will be a happy one. :love:

Hope everyone has a good/decent AF day. I'll do my best to check in. Find if I don't check in feel disconnected. Thank you to everyone for helping me stay sober this 24 hours. :-)
                Last edited by Wildflowers; September 11, 2017, 01:53 PM.

Comment

I think we're all different in how we conquer the madness of addiction SSD,for instance I HATE counting days so I don't participate in the roll call but posting there actually helped Nora stay quit,it was one of her main tools but for me I feel like counting is counting down to something and I don't like it,I also have used counting days as self sabatoge for myself"oh I failed on day 62 before so I'll probably fail again" ugh,the garbage I've told myself! You do what's best for you hon,we'll always be here if you want to pop in

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Thank you [MENTION=6149]Paul[/MENTION]wogg & [MENTION=16893]Wildflowers[/MENTION]! Checking in here is not adding stress, but I am stopping the daily
                    roll call for awhile. It seems I fail on 3 weeks, 30 days or 93 days or close to these. So maybe not focusing on that
                    so much will help.

Wildflowers - I am so happy that things are getting better with you and your hubs. That was a pretty sucky b-day! I hope that he has made it up to you. Maybe the coastal trip! We are the same age! Until Wed - then I beat you by a year! I was irked at my hubs last week. He picked 3 possible new restaurants for me to choose from. One of them does fancy wine pairings. I did not select that restaurant but then he kept talking about it:cuss: I have dumped out all of the wine in the house that I might be tempted to drink.

Have a great night all!

Comment

Dayspring.com

"On this 16-year anniversary of that sad day in our history, we honor the memory of those who lost lives and loved ones. And, we give thanks for those who had the courage to serve in the face of danger.

And, while Patriot Day (9/11) is recognized as the official day of remembrance for this tragic event, we know that any day is a good day to lift those most impacted up in prayer". :love:

---------------------------------------------------------------

[MENTION=22385]ssd858[/MENTION] - Awesome on dumping out the poisonous/ethanol!.. :smile: I understand falling at certain milestones. It's part of the process for some of us. Our brains are beginning to heal. Reset. Have journal on my slips and relapses. Have a drawer of 24 hr coins. We are climbing right back on MWO's Sober Train. We will persevere!.. We will find freedom!.. We will not give up ever!.. Hang in there!.. You're going to make it!.. :smile: On the road. Going to look up [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION] song. Went to long without nicotine lozenges. :nutso: Poor hubs. Better for the moment. Have smoked 40 years. I can do this one hour at a time.

Comment

Hi everyone :hug:
                        Another 24hr for me, keeping in the 24hour always ground levels me. A good foundation with good solid concrete underneath my feet and around me, I find it helps me a lot.
                        Keep safe everyone x
                        Formerly known as Teardrop:l
                        sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
                        my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

Busy day again for me, just checking in for 24. Got lots accomplished today again. Making order out of the chaos. Wish everyone the best.
                          "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Sticking @ 24 for AL. still have some cigs left. Like to quit them on a monday usually

Comment

Checking in here daily makes me accountable, it helps me, so I do it. I'm not too big on counting days, but sometime setting a goal helps me as well. My last goal was 90 days, I'm past that. I have not set a future goal yet, maybe I need to. 1 year?
                              Mom and sis are back home, and have power! No real significant damage, tree debris and such. Some of Mom's electric doesn't seem to be working, certain rooms, etc. I'm pretty sure the breakers are bad, from power surges. If I was there, I could check and change them out for her, but they're both afraid to mess with the electric stuff. Don't know if they be able to find an electrician soon. They both have AC, a big deal there. I'll go down a week from Sunday. Niece still has no power, but they have a generator.
                              24 more for all of us, please.

Comment

Agree with you Mr.V,love to start the day committed to 24 I'm glad your family is safe and power is a plus wishes for another 24 for me and whoever else needs/wants them

Comment

Working...
                                X