~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

24 More! I was looking for this documentary and could not remember which thread or who I meant to show it too. Its interesting if you want to see just how bad it can be. YouTube
    "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Great quote [MENTION=22385]ssd858[/MENTION], and at a time I need it! I've been harbouring some resentment in my personal life for a while now. I haven't let it get to the anger stage, but dang, it's hard to deal with when it's in your face everyday. So today when I started thinking about this situation, I remembered the Serenity Prayer, and by golly it helped!

My sober app tells me that I'm creeping up on 1000 days of sobriety, and have saved $14,775.00! Now only if I had really put it away in savings lol. A field trip to meet my sober friends would be fantastic, and Mission Bay looks like just the right place!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:01 in Vegas another 24 please
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

[MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], I hope you will let us know when you reach 1000 days so we can celebrate with you. You have been a beacon on this site for many, myself included.

24 more please and thank you.
          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

6:25am in Alberta, I'll join everyone in another 24 AF hours please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
            [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22385]ssd858[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=9531]catch22[/MENTION] [MENTION=23850]empyr3al[/MENTION] abcowboy

Supposed to be sunny and warm all week! Should be back in the combine Wednesday or Thursday!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

6:24 in San Diego. It's going to be another amazing day!

Feelings are just visitors, let them come and go. Mooji

In early sobriety our thoughts and emotions are so LOUD since we have stopped numbing them out for so long with alcohol.
              Leaning to sit with the emotions and thinking of them as floating past you as floatsoam in a river or clouds in the sky.
              The alternative is getting swept away immersing ourselves with the negativity…which increases our chances of returning to alcohol. I tend to get caught up in this so need to remind myself that the bad feelings will pass.

Comment

My husband had a heart attack Friday night. He's expected to survive. Not 100% sure. I'm sober. Taking a leave of absence from MWO. [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION] - please find someone to take my place next wk for doing quote. I'm in shock and beside myself. A friend is staying with me. SIL & MIL will be here soon.

Thank you for all your support. For those of you who pray, it's appreciated!.. 24 please, thank you.

Comment

It's late here, 7pm, and I'm very happy to be at the end of 24 more sober hours!
                  Will be checking in soon for 24 more!

Great quote, SSd.. they surely are just visitors. And we don't need to invite them to stay, do we?

Edit:

Wildflowers, I'm sorry I didn't see your post before I wrote this. I'm very sorry to hear about your husband. You will be in my prayers. Love to you.
                  Last edited by lifechange; September 25, 2017, 12:17 PM.

Comment

Oh no Wildflowers! Take your time and I wish all the best.
                    "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

Comment

[MENTION=16893]Wildflowers[/MENTION], you and your hb will be in my prayers, too. Please be sure to breathe now and then and to take care of yourself as best you can. We will all be with you in spirit.:love:
                      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Thinking of you WF,hope everything is ok.
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

[MENTION=16893]Wildflowers[/MENTION] - you and your husband are in my prayers.

Comment

You've got a strong group here praying for you and your hubby [MENTION=16893]Wildflowers[/MENTION], God can't help but listen...

Take all the time you need and rely on your faith, and us, to be there for you!

Comment

So Sorry [MENTION=16893]Wildflowers[/MENTION] to hear about your husband, you are both in my thoughts & prayers , keep strong we are all here for you :hug:
                              24 hrs for me, please, thank you !
                              Formerly known as Teardrop:l
                              sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
                              my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

7:08 here and looking forward to the next 24 hours AF.. for all of us.

Comment

Working...
                                X