Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Originally posted by abcowboy View Post
    6:40am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please and thanks..

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
    [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=23019]tonyniceday[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] abcowboy

Yep, walk in to any drugstore and see all the otc medicines for all kinds of ailments. We are quick to find something that helps us for our pain or illness, but we fail to look as hard to find something (or someone) that will help with our addiction. It's too easy to let others convince us that we don't have a problem, that we are strong enough to control our drinking....
    Photo snafu. Current diazepam, mirtazapine, gabapentin, naltrexone and campral. All cross checked on webmd and drugs.com. I could use more but that seems to fit. None of that is OTC.
    That is not insane The cupboard of drugs is insane but i know how to use them. I'll take a shot but its hard to illustrate just how much naltrexone is in the one bottle because i got sick of bottles so there is about 100 in there and more in others. Now to figure out how to take a shot and save it on gdrive.

217118_233832.jpg - Google Drive

217118_233923.jpg - Google Drive

Oh the boxes of campral are over filled to 108

Just for your interest because you mentioned OTC. The only things in there are calomine lotion and dm cough syrup oh and B1. Talk about nearly no OTC.

Tip if your need dimenydrinate. Ask behind the counter as Gravol is freaking expensive and 12$ for 100 50mg pills makes more sense. OTC. 3.77 USD at walmart in the states. Long story about addiction to it with my ex,
    Last edited by empyr3al; October 18, 2017, 11:18 PM.
    "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

Comment

It's 6:23 here and I'm looking for 24 hours of sobriety..

Comment

It's 11.25 here in Scotland and I'll have another 24 please

Comment

6:49 am here in Jersey and the sun has yet to make an appearance. A quick cup of coffee and off to catch the bus. Was never a fan of public transport. Another 24 please!
          “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
          Newbies Nest Roll Call
          Toolbox
          Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Trust yourself. Create the kind of self that you will be happy to live with all your life. Make the most of yourself by fanning the tiny, inner sparks of possibility into flames of achievement. ~Golda Meir

24 more tiny sparks of possibility, please!
            Last edited by dill; October 19, 2017, 05:56 AM.
            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

6:20am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
              [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=23019]tonyniceday[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] abcowboy

Great to see you Nar! You should be here more often sharing your knowledge and experiences, lots of people can benefit from those!

LC, I think you only need one "try", try to make this the quit that sticks...:hug:
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Create the kind of self that you will be happy to live with all your life.

Very powerful words [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], they stuck out the most to me! I'm still working on that person, but I've come a long way from the being the person that I didn't want to be...
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

24 more please

Comment

Originally posted by empyr3al
                    Current diazepam, mirtazapine, gabapentin, naltrexone and campral. All cross checked on webmd and drugs.com. I could use more but that seems to fit. None of that is OTC.
                    I'm not sure about everyone else Empy, but that seems to be quite a collection of drugs to me. And I think you've mentioned Valium as well. Why do you think you could use more? Is what you have not working? I've said this to others, and I'll say it to you with all good intentions, "nothing changes if nothing changes". If the drugs aren't working, maybe it's time to try something else....

Comment

6:43 am in Vegas another 24 please
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

7:59 here in Alberta, another 24 please.

Thank you Cowboy, I will try to be better at coming back!
                        Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                        "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Originally posted by abcowboy View Post
                          I'm not sure about everyone else Empy, but that seems to be quite a collection of drugs to me. And I think you've mentioned Valium as well. Why do you think you could use more? Is what you have not working? I've said this to others, and I'll say it to you with all good intentions, "nothing changes if nothing changes". If the drugs aren't working, maybe it's time to try something else....
                          Oh it works (mirt specifically and gabapentin). The others like nal and campral are questionable, but they were free on benefits. The stock pile is there for when my benefits run out this month and I wanted all my bases covered as its all very expensive. I decided in a moment of reckless abandon to meet a friend I avoided for 5 years because he said he got a new house and was doing well. So your phrase nothing changes if nothing changes. Well that friend was a change in the past. He was a very bad influence in my life. Well turns out he still is. So the diazepam is only because I had left over stock from prior problems with relapse. So its in use because well that friend was not a good influence and I got rid of him for a reason that I still need to. I slipped badly and am recovering and will resume my regiment and start up again because it worked for so long. So in essence its the company you keep at least for me. I should have known better.

I should state I'm nearly recovered and will be shortly when I can consciously say it. 24 more. But for now I'm in recovery and I consider diazepam just as bad as alcohol so I cannot say it yet.
                          Last edited by empyr3al; October 19, 2017, 12:02 PM.
                          "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Yes [MENTION=23850]empyr3al[/MENTION], the company we keep does matter, I agree! That's why I'm here with you like-minded folks. "Birds of a feather" I say! :happy2: I'm glad to see you posting again. I was wondering where you'd gone.
                            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

hey guys, sorry to hear of your relapse empyr . I also Bungled last week. Have just finished my last cig 1/2hr ago so am going for Full Beer/cig quit. Have plenty of Val for any nervy episodes and getting full bloods done next week .I also ordered a heart rate monitor and have a blood pressure tester as well so will keep an eye on readings. I bought the heart rate monitor for use in exercise (Hiit) and will get back down to the gym next week. Looking forward to a clean weekend so here for 24 . Also heart rate Varability for which there is an app for. I will be using too. interesting article TraderFeed: Heart Rate Variability (HRV): Enhancing the Trader's Self-Control
                              Last edited by Neo; October 20, 2017, 04:17 AM.

Comment

Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking.
                                ~Marcus Aurelius

What drew me to this quote aside from it's inherent wisdom, is the fact that it is from antiquity! This concept has been with us for a very, very long time now!

Neo, so glad to see you! Never give up! I'll look at the link after I finish posting. It's timely for me that you shared that because just yesterday I was looking up heart rate charts because I was feeling anxious and experiencing rapid heart rate.

As my friend [MENTION=12303]treegirl[/MENTION] says: "To the light!" 24 in the light, please.
                                Last edited by dill; October 20, 2017, 05:53 AM.
                                Dill

Comment

Working...
                                X