~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

[MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION], we talked quite extensively about pain back and neck and what drugs you can use that are not addictive in my CBT group. If I can remember. A ton of people claimed the non addictives did not work. I believe Gabapentin was actually mentioned that and Naproxen. I'll have to ask next time I'm in that group.

In regards to BP. When I was using Naltrexone I was borderline high at 138/90 and since stopping that it seems to have balanced out. Just something I noticed because I test every time I pick up medication. I need to get a home monitor one. Any suggestions on models?
    "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Oh check in 24, was busy fixing a laptop.
      "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

Comment

7:34 am here and I'm looking for 24 more AF days..
        wishing you all a lovely and relaxing Sunday.

Comment

In regards to blood pressure, I would be looking at an Omron Bluetooth one. I think mine is out . 151/91 78bpm but fill calmer than 1st day but will recheck later after shower. Woke up,tired this morn and dumped down some water & l glut. Fine once I had lunch . Nearly caved in this arvo but got through and still no,Valium. I calculated 40oz of hard liquor @ 40% in to standard drinks which is under 44. At 10 heavy beers/ day for a week it comes in at a staggering 98 and rarely went over 5mg of Val. Anyhow, tomorrow day 3 is the tough one. I will enquire about gym and will try to get in Tuesday. I think allowing another day to get this crap out before I exercise and recheck BP will be a good thing so,here’s for another 24.
          Last edited by Neo; October 22, 2017, 04:22 AM.

Comment

[MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION] and [MENTION=23850]empyr3al[/MENTION], I'm just glad you are taking steps to take care of yourself and are getting back on track. I wish I could simulate the feelings of the after effects of a binge both the physical and the psychological when drinking seems like a good plan. Imagine if you could pop a pill that would bring that awful feeling on instantly but for only just a short time. Just long enough to remind what you will face if you decide to drink. That would shut down any desire to drink!

I say well done to all of us here in the cafe for taking the steps to get and stay alcohol free!

With that, I will commit to 24 more.:happy2:
            Last edited by dill; October 22, 2017, 06:15 AM.
            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

6:55am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
              [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=23850]empyr3al[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] abcowboy

Where did you get to yesterday Pauly?
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Everyone sounding good today. Wondering if you've tried massage, Ory? I get one once a month, works wonders.
                24 more for all of us, please.

Comment

“Thanks to the redundancy of language, yxx cxn xndxrstxnd whxt x xm wrxtxng xvxn xf x rxplxcx xll thx vxwxls wxth xn "x" (t gts lttl hrdr f y dn't vn kn whr th vwls r)”
                  ― Steven Pinker

10:36 on a beautiful, cool 62 f Sunday morning. Committing to another 24!
                  [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION], haven't been for a massage in a few months. Been doing Yin Yoga and Trigger Point to lengthen the muscles and release adhesions. Been thinking though that I think Massage Envy near me does do Trigger Point sessions so that is definitely on the table.
                  Last edited by Orimus; October 22, 2017, 09:48 AM.
                  “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                  Newbies Nest Roll Call
                  Toolbox
                  Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Originally posted by Neo View Post
                    In regards to blood pressure, I would be looking at an Omron Bluetooth one. I think mine is out . 151/91 78bpm but fill calmer than 1st day but will recheck later after shower. Woke up,tired this morn and dumped down some water & l glut. Fine once I had lunch . Nearly caved in this arvo but got through and still no,Valium. I calculated 40oz of hard liquor @ 40% in to standard drinks which is under 44. At 10 heavy beers/ day for a week it comes in at a staggering 98 and rarely went over 5mg of Val. Anyhow, tomorrow day 3 is the tough one. I will enquire about gym and will try to get in Tuesday. I think allowing another day to get this crap out before I exercise and recheck BP will be a good thing so,here’s for another 24.
                    Thanks for the tip on the BP meter. Will check amazon or something for pricing.

I did not realize you were only at day 2-3. Wow, thats the hard ones. The 48 to 72 if you are not tapering is difficult. Hoping the best for you. I'm in a different boat now because I am completely passed the last day though the cravings still exist. I'm clean now thank god. My method took a week instead of the 72 hour method but I'm fine because of it. Pray you don't have trouble in the next couple days. My father actually calculated the units at one point. 1 hard beer was like 2 units to his measure. I tapered with vodka which is if you search it not the recommended way. Believe me its hard to handle when someone is giving you like a fingers worth of vodka in a glass on a timed basis. Its almost a complete tease. They say beer for an alcohol taper but if its your substance of choice that makes it hard to use the alcohol taper. Google it, well Alcohol tapering to see what some people believe is a method.

Comment

24 more. Productive day

Comment

Made it through Day 3. Had a Val at 2am ish so I could sleep this morn but no problems and am not recovering from Val addiction so don't care. Interesting I stopped drinking hard liquor 5 years ago due to the terrible hangovers. Often after time off, I can drink a 6 pack of beer and be drunk, however if I can continue, tolerance builds and it goes to 10+ .The good & bad side of beer tapering up & down. Blood pressure fine last night after recheck, matching Day 1 and was active before reading ,so it pays to take care .Here's for my Day 3 BP Tonight 119/86 Pulse 75. How goods that. My best reading and I meditated an hr earlier
                        Last edited by Neo; October 23, 2017, 05:45 AM.

Comment

:happy2: I had fun reading the quote, [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION]! Good one!

24 more please and thank you.
                          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

1:27pm here and I'm tired on this Monday!
                            But happy about being af.. here's to 24 hours more.

Comment

“Maybe each human being lives in a unique world, a private world different from those inhabited and experienced by all other humans. . . If reality differs from person to person, can we speak of reality singular, or shouldn't we really be talking about plural realities? And if there are plural realities, are some more true (more real) than others? What about the world of a schizophrenic? Maybe it's as real as our world. Maybe we cannot say that we are in touch with reality and he is not, but should instead say, His reality is so different from ours that he can't explain his to us, and we can't explain ours to him. The problem, then, is that if subjective worlds are experienced too differently, there occurs a breakdown in communication ... and there is the real illness.”
                              ― Philip K. Dick

58 f on a Monday morning and there are clouds in the eastern sky. Committing to another 24.
                              “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                              Newbies Nest Roll Call
                              Toolbox
                              Cattleman Cafe

Comment

6:40am in Alberta, I'll start the week off right with another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                                [MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=23850]empyr3al[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] abcowboy

Sunday's quote was fun to decipher Orimus, and today's makes one wonder just what we should really consider normal...
                                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Working...
                                X