Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Checking in for 24 please.

I agree Cowboy - those were the days we weren’t afraid to eat homemade goodies. I handed out Cracker Jacks and Popcorn Balls (not homemade) tonight and heard more than one little goblin say “Oh Goody” as they walked away. I am amazed though, how many kids say nothing when I opened the door. Just hold the bag open. The third time it happened, I just said, “What’s up?” and one brave kid said Trick or Treat!

Time to blow out the jack-o-lantern and watch a little baseball. I’m not vested in this series, but I’d like to see Houston win - they’ve had a tough year.

Have a lovely one lovies.
    Mary Lou

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. Winston Churchill

Comment

Off on a small vacation today, down to Florida where my siblings and I will surprise our mom for her 89th birthday. Nine of us. This will be a test, four days at a beach hotel with a family of heavy drinkers.
      24 more for me please.

Comment

5:03 in Vegas another 24 of peace please
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

The clouds are massing in the east here in Jersey at 8:24 am at a chilly 40 f. Committing to another 24!

Strength to you [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION]!
          “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
          Newbies Nest Roll Call
          Toolbox
          Cattleman Cafe

Comment

6:45am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
            [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION] [MENTION=22695]Inthesky[/MENTION] [MENTION=23850]empyr3al[/MENTION] [MENTION=20527]Marylou123[/MENTION] abcowboy

Enjoy your mini vacation Mr V! And unless I missed something along the way, and I hope I didn't, you're not about to throw 5 months of sobriety away! You'll have as much fun AF and no hangovers to deal with!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

We live back a long lane, so no trick or treaters ever come to our door. But I got to see pics of our grandkids in their costumes, thanks to messaging!

Like you, [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION], I come from a large family of heavy drinkers. Strength to you! I agree with [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION] tho. You'll have as much fun AF and no hangovers to deal with!

24 please.
              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Another 24 for me please -2C in Calgary at 9:36am
                Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Another 24 hours please!

Enjoy your mini vacation Mr.V, you got this!

No trick or treaters for me last night but that's OK.
                  Last edited by Inthesky; November 1, 2017, 10:55 AM.

Comment

Nothing profound today! Just another 24. Cleaned up the front yard in case kids came by yesterday but none did. I saw a group get together across the street as they are multigenerational and tight family with young kids. Looked like they were planning their adventure. But no kids to the door this year. This area is generally being gentrified as when I was young here there were quite a few kids. The age of the homes kind of dictates the ages of the families in this city. That and people are having a lot less children. Oh well. Another 24 and some things I've put off for a long time.

Enjoy your day everyone! And enjoy the vacay Mr. V
                    "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

Comment

"I accept life unconditionally...Most people ask for happiness on condition. Happiness can only be felt if you don't set any conditions." -Arthur Rubenstein

I like this thought, especially in times of trouble.. "All events in out lives are threads, weaving a pattern that is unfolding by design. Each experience is equal to every other experience. We shouldn't cling to any one of them, or shrink from any. It's their sum that makes us who we are. Each of us is a mosaic unto ourselves. And yet, by design, our patterns, our lives intersect."

Here's to 24 more af hours. I hope everyone is doing alright..

Comment

Way too early in Vegas but I'm awake,sober and content another 24 please
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Thanks [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] for another thoughtful moment. I want to offer my condolences to you as well on the loss of your 'surrogate' grandfather, as I read in the Newbies Nest. He sounds like a true blessing to your life.

It's going to be nice a warm here today. Near 70F! That's going to feel good. 24 more good hours, please.
                          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

10 after 8 here in Jersey with the sun skating among the clouds. Supposed to hit 70 here too Dill. Committing to another 24.

Noticed you've really been giving us twofers [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION]. Thank you.
                            “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                            Newbies Nest Roll Call
                            Toolbox
                            Cattleman Cafe

Comment

6:35am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                              [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22695]Inthesky[/MENTION] [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION] [MENTION=23850]empyr3al[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] abcowboy

Well done everyone!
                              Last edited by abcowboy; November 2, 2017, 07:39 AM.
                              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I also love the twofers LC! "I accept life unconditionally" I think that was one of my biggest drawbacks, not accepting life, but figuring that life owed me something. And when that something didn't come, it was a good reason to drink. Now, I get up each morning realizing I'll get out of life what I put into it, I have to "make" my own happiness through appreciation and gratitude. This kinda ties in with what Pauly said; I'm awake, sober, and content. I'm now happy with just being content, I don't need big things to happen to me everyday, heck, I don't need big things to happen to me at all! I don't need to understand what is always happening around me, I just need to accept it for what it is. Life to me now is all about appreciating the small things, being content with who I am and what I have...
                                Last edited by abcowboy; November 2, 2017, 07:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X