~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

7:14 am in Calgary -18C, another cold 24 please (sounds like I want beer but I DON'T!)
    Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
    "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Great quote, [MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION] and hits the nail on the head! Books, podcasts, workshops, rehab, groups counselling, they only help if/when we decide to help ourselves.

24 more in soggy, rain soaked Ohio!:happy2:
      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Thanks Neo, tomorrow is my quit cig day...its my moms birthday and that was one of her wishes before she passed in February of this year! So I'm going to do my best to honour her and make myself healthy. Another 24 please and thank you.

Comment

Well Done Sky. I just made it through Day 3 of my cig quit and feel way better, even though I may get confused and angry at times but that's withdrawal. Plenty of Bananas and grapes . What inspired me with cig quit is mentoring I have been getting. It's not the cheapest but it's better than anything I've seen out there. We have regular meetings once a week and another cast on Fridays. I also get a monthly 1 on 1 session . Last one was on loving relationships. Big quote was if you can't love yourself, you can't love someone else. I guess I looked at that and my smoking and asked, is this helping me?? The answer is no , so got drive off that, but best thing I have done this year for sure , get the proper company you need.

Quotes are quite easy as I have some help lol , but I got another one and it might not be a quote. Just some ideas too .This also keeps me coming back here too, taking time off to post my achievement

"One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious.”

— Carl Jung

Carl Jung and the Shadow: The Ultimate Guide to Your Darkness | High Existence
          Last edited by Neo; November 7, 2017, 06:39 AM.

Comment

Interesting quote [MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION] and some thought provoking reading as well! Thanks! I think we all have a dark side. I have no doubt about that! But we all must still love ourselves "warts and all" as they say! We must try to encourage the good and discourage the bad in ourselves, or try to figure a way to channel it to the good! Thanks for the quote and the reading.

24 please!
            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

4:36 in Vegas another 24 of hope please
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

A shining 43 f here in Jersey. Committing to another 24!
                “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                Newbies Nest Roll Call
                Toolbox
                Cattleman Cafe

Comment

6:45am in Alberta, 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                  [MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20527]Marylou123[/MENTION] [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22695]Inthesky[/MENTION] abcowboy

We all have/had a dark side, and to me that doesn't necessarily mean evil side, but a side to us that we aren't proud of. So it's not a matter of making it disappear, but coming to grips with it...

And now for something completely different, I need some technical help with Windows 10! My Acer convertible just upgraded to the newest version and now I get this little blue circle and small white pointed finger hand anywhere on the screen where my cursor is! Very annoying and I can't find where to shut it off. Doesn't matter what browser I'm using or tablet or desktop mode, any suggestions?
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Hi everyone! Here's to 24 more AF hours..
                    I posted this "Today's gift" in the Nest.. but I think it's so nice I'll post in the Café as well.
                    Hope everyone is having a good day..

Sobriety is a big gift box with a hundred little packages inside to unwrap.
                    --Oscar Morris

Sobriety is its own reward and then some. Sobriety is a condition of openness and receptivity to the treasure of life. It is the ability to view the world through gentler glasses and hear our fellows with kinder ears. It is the ability to see things as they really are, instead of how we'd like them to be. It is a condition of honesty and willingness to be true to ourselves and others.

On this day we can look out the window when we get up in the morning. No matter what we see - another building, a yard, even an airshaft - it can remind us that we're not the same people we used to be. We can look at this world without fear. It won't bite back anymore.

Sobriety is seeing the world with open eyes. It is the gift of learning how to view the world as a friendly and loving place to be. Sobriety is crying without shame and laughing with abandon. It is a gift that wakes us up with hope and puts us to sleep with peace.

Today let me cherish my gift of sobriety and not take it for granted.

Comment

Beautiful, LC.
                      Still raining here in Ohio.
                      24 more please.

Comment

[MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], How to change the mouse pointer size and color in Windows 1 | Digital Citizen
                        “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                        Newbies Nest Roll Call
                        Toolbox
                        Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Another 24 please in Calgary at 8:40, -16C this am.
                          Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                          "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

LC that quote is so true to my heart. Thank you for sharing. Another 24 please.

Comment

24 more. [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]. I did a quick google and got some interesting hits. Windows 1 Spinning Blue Circle next to Mouse Pointer - Microsoft Community. Look at the bottom answer, seems effective for what you described.
                              "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

Comment

New reports today about the correlation of alcohol and cancer. Even moderate drinking has increased risk. Cancer Doctors Cite Risks of Drinking Alcohol - The New York Times
                                "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X