~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

6:14 a.m. here and it's starting to feel like Winter! Can't believe how cold some of you already have it.. should have some snow rain this weekend.
    I'm sure into having 24 more af hours!

Comment

A cold 35F here, just 3 degrees above freezing! Ugh. But at least today we will have sun! It's been so long since we have had sunshine! I'll commit to 24 clear-headed hours of sunshine!
      Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Got through Day 4 of cig quit. Feeling a little tired in mornings but can breathe so much better. Going to turn into a grape if I eat anymore .Did have a little trouble getting to sleep last night so did take a 5mg of val , first one since I think last Friday .Going to get a haircut and try some yoga if I can. Have a site link and a pic here for today

25 Things You Do As An Adult When You’ve Experienced Childhood Emotional Abuse - Goodfullness

Last edited by Neo; November 8, 2017, 07:04 AM.

Comment

4:43 am in Vegas another 24 please
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

6:30am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
            [MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION] [MENTION=22695]Inthesky[/MENTION] [MENTION=23850]empyr3al[/MENTION] abcowboy

Thanks for the tips and suggestions [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] and [MENTION=23850]empyr3al[/MENTION], I tried them and a few others I found from Dr Google but to no avail. So I just restored back to the previous build and problem solved lol.
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Hey Cowboy,can you make a thread with that relapse prevention workbook? I've been using it and I think it might be helpful to new people and maybe everyone else

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Done deal Pauly, thanks for reminding me about it!
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Another 24 please. Its -11C at 7:42 in Calgary.
                  Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                  "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

42 f under the clouds here in Jersey, 10 am. Committing to another 24!
                    “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                    Newbies Nest Roll Call
                    Toolbox
                    Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Gotta work an overnight tonight, ugg! Really messes with my sleep patterns, but the $$ is great, so i'll suffer through, lol.
                      24 more please.

Comment

24 more please. Nice day out today where I am. Sunny, 9C ... now comes the cold. Tonight 2, then tomorrow is the negatives. Reminds me its time to put on the winter tires.

[MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], you step back a build on Windows and here I go in the Insider Ring to build 17035. Thankfully they are all relatively stable and only minor issues show up with my hardware. Its a pain though when it messes up my network and it can't see my printer. That was the last bug I had to iron out. My phone is getting a little creepy as everything is predictive and contextual to the nth degree where i hardly need to type or talk to it. There is some pretty cool stuff coming out. I test for a bunch of companies so some of this stuff is a little over the top. I test for google, fb messenger, ms, medisafe and a couple others. Zero day stuff gets a little haywire sometimes!

[MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION], day 4! WOW. Should be just about at the point where its all just in your head. Have you read the book by Allan Carr "Easy way to stop smoking"? Its interesting. I think there are two copies floating around my place. I guess some people actually use the same premise to quit drinking.
                        Last edited by empyr3al; November 8, 2017, 09:23 PM.
                        "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

Comment

6:21 in the morning here and I'm looking forward to 24 unpoisoned hours!

Comment

Originally posted by empyr3al View Post
                            [MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION], day 4! WOW. Should be just about at the point where its all just in your head. Have you read the book by Allan Carr "Easy way to stop smoking"? Its interesting. I think there are two copies floating around my place. I guess some people actually use the same premise to quit drinking.
                            Day 5 .Yes wow .I got emailed the book yonks ago here and will have to dig it up but going ok. To celebrate, I got a haircut and have had a full shave. I looked in the mirror and my skin is looking way way better. A couple of Enczema patches have nearly gone (Used Nizoral cream 2% and have the Nizoral 2% shampoo which kills all fungal psoriasis in it's tracks that I've had for 12 years and couldn't get rid of. Never seen anything like it. Fantastic stuff and using it twice weekly for 18 months) and nicotine stains have almost disappeared.

Even on Day 5, It is 29C here and haircut @ 4.30pm just 3 shops away from bottlo. How easy it would have been to sneak in a 6 pack and small 20 pack cigs .So tempting, prob the strongest since quitting , but avoided it. Only side effects is still feeling confusion and some anger spouts , waking up stuffed in the morning , but other than that, can breathe the difference. Missed Yoga at 6.30pm .I think I'm just focused on getting a week or so under my belt. This is my record cig quit since May/June so here's for 24

Found a site for today link below and I'd like to share a book I'm reading atm

A Little Book on the Human Shadow by Robert Bly

You Don’t Find Your Purpose — You Build It
                            Last edited by Neo; November 9, 2017, 04:14 AM.

Comment

A frosty cold morning here! 24 more, please and thank you.
                              Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:01 am in Vegas another 24 please

Comment

Working...
                                X