~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

[MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION], I am sick of winter too, but I hate to be the one to have to tell you this: It hasn't even started yet!:egad: It's only Fall! Hang on to your hat, my friend!!
    [MENTION=23850]empyr3al[/MENTION], thanks for the links yesterday. I listened to all of them. I truly was amazed at the history of alcohol sales where you live, and then the clip about Britain was almost the opposite! They should increase the tax on alcohol in Britain, IMO to help pay for the long term care of the poor souls who are addicted and lost. Also, I had never heard that song before. After viewing that youtube video I watched a couple other versions and was moved to tears by the Christina Agulera performance.

24 more please.
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

[MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION],
      They should increase the tax on alcohol in Britain, IMO to help pay for the long term care of the poor souls who are addicted and lost.
      I agree with you wholeheartedly!

6:25 AM in Wisconsin. Please, another 24 hours, I have SO much work to do today! I don't have time to drink. So glad I don't.:yay:

Comment

4:52 am in Vegas another 24 please
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

"Courage doesn’t happen when you have all the answers. It happens when you are ready to face the questions you have been avoiding your whole life."

6:10am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
          [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] @emyr3al [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] abcowboy

It's definitely winter up here QW, at least you, [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION], and [MENTION=17367]porqoui[/MENTION] have the chinooks to look forward to!

I always like reading what everyone posts! This thread isn't special, but the people in it make it what it is, special to me! Just like y'all enjoy seeing your name on the check in list, I enjoy seeing everyone check in, and I worry when you don't. I've been using a 24 hour check in on one forum or another for over three years, to me it teaches me commitment. If I can't be committed to something as simple as this, how can I be committed to something as serious as lifelong sobriety. The Club and Café is all about helping each other, no matter what...
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Windy blustery morning, with heavy rain coming.
            24 more please!

Comment

Cowboy, funny you should mention Chinooks. We’re getting one today. Currently -12C, +3 this afternoon. As us Albertans know, if you don’t like the weather, wait 15 minutes and it’ll change!

Another 24 please.

QW
              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Another 24 for me please! Heading off to a retreat for 2 days. No booze there :happy2:

Comment

Hey Sky! Good to see you.. have a great time at the retreat.
                  I'm going to have to read back to see what Chinooks are/is and what I'm missing out on!:happy2:
                  Today is my eldest's 16th birthday and I couldn't be happier that alcohol doesn't play any part in our party! I'm relieved that she doesn't seem to have any interest and as well, that I've finally kicked it out of my life for good. Last night I mentioned to my younger daughter (12) that I'd quit drinking and asked if she could tell a difference in my behaviour? She said, "not really. but you didn't really drink that much, did you?". I just said, I drank way too much and I feel so much better now that I don't! Ain't that the truth?
                  Here's to 24 more AF hours for all of us!!

Comment

p.s. thanks for those links a day or two ago, Empry!

Comment

Being human, we will continue making mistakes; however, we need not make the same ones over and over again. By looking over our past and realizing that we have changed and grown, we'll find hope for the future. The best is yet to come.
                      ~Just For Today, Self Discovery, pg. 336

[MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION], I'm so glad you celebrated your daughter's "sweet 16" alcohol free! That is the best gift you could have given her. It's good that your 12 year old answered the way she did. That must've given you a sense of relief at least. I think that generally speaking twelve year olds are not all that tuned in to the behavior of others unless they have been traumatized by it in some way. Just my opinion. I'm certainly no expert! My drinking never caused my children any trauma and was fairly controlled while they were still teens. After they left and I was an empty nester...well that's when I lost control in a serious way. I pretty much only traumatized myself! And deserted my HB in choosing alcohol over being present for him. Those days are done!:yay:

24 please.
                      Last edited by dill; November 19, 2017, 06:28 AM.
                      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Hi Guys, Been away for for a week and logging back in for another 24hrs. Will write more tom. Im tired

Comment

5:41 am in Vegas another 24 please
                          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

6:45am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                            [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=1214]Rusty[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=22695]Inthesky[/MENTION] abcowboy

I'll let the southern Albertan's explain the Chinooks LC. Not only do they get those warm winds, but they also have a beautiful view of the snow-capped Rocky Mountains! You're setting a great example for your daughters and they'll want to be just like their mom when they grow up!

Hope you're enjoying the retreat Sky!
                            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

24 more on this unhung Sunday morning!

Comment

Great to see you [MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION]! I guess as the saying goes, you 'can't live with us but can't live without us'!
                                Dill

Comment

Working...
                                X