~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Gray ships sail past in a steely sky here in Jersey. 37 F at 8:30 am. Committing to another 24.

Welcome [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]!
    Last edited by Orimus; November 20, 2017, 08:33 AM.
    “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
    Newbies Nest Roll Call
    Toolbox
    Cattleman Cafe

Comment

6:35am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
      [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Nice to see you back Neo!

Hope the surgery is minor QW!

Great to have you onboard Jude and a part of the family!
      Last edited by abcowboy; November 20, 2017, 08:35 AM.
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I was going to post yesterday on my thought's of dill's quote, but between hunting, 2 football games to watch (both my teams lost ) and then driving back home in time to have supper with Bubba and Hank, I just ran out of time! I know, I know, excuses, excuses..but we're good at those eh, years of practice lol. Anyway, I jot down my thoughts throughout the day and post later. Have a good one y'all, remember to keep it between the lines!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Another 24 hours please, and if I can, another 48 hours after that.

I’ll be away for a couple of days. Thanks everyone who asked, the surgery should be fairly minor. When I scheduled the procedure, the nurse said that I’d have to refrain from drinking alcohol for 48 hours prior. Not a problem I said! Felt good to say that.

Catch up later in the week. For our American friends here, Happy Thanksgiving!

QW
          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Another 24 please, 3:55 pm in Calgary -6C.
            Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
            "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

I’d never begin to come close to recalling all the mistakes I’ve made! But making a mistake is part of living and I’m sure I’ll make few more while I’m still on this side of the grass. Have I learned from my mistakes? Sometimes yes, sometimes no. If I’d always learned from them I wouldn’t have made the same one twice, or even more than that in some cases lol. I think I’ve done my best to correct my mistakes or at least made amends for them. And some of them can’t be undone, so I have to make peace with myself over them, accept them for what they are, and then move on…. What will the future bring? Who knows, but my bucket list is shrinking…..

Yep, I was scared to tell my friends that I had a drinking problem, and it took a lot of courage to finally be able to do that. My friends were never my enemies, and if I look at it closely, even my enemies aren’t my enemies. The only enemy I really have is my own thoughts on other people, my mind separates them into the categories. So if I can change my thoughts, then I can change my attitude towards people. What I can’t change is their attitude towards me. But when it comes right down to it, what other people think of me is up to them and it’s really none of my business. I only have to prove myself to me, no one else really matters, friend or enemy….

Comment

It's 6:15am here and looking quite cold outside! Here's to 24af hours!

Comment

Perhaps I am stronger than I think. ~Thomas Merton

Busy day today. I'm heading off to a retirement celebration for a dear friend and colleague. Have to get busy making a fruit salad! 24 more please and thank you.
                  Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

7:30 here in N.Y. another 24 please, and Thank you!

Comment

Grey morning here.
                      I did get out for a bike ride yesterday, yea! Just warm and sunny enough. I need to force my self to get more exercise, and I don't like going to a gym.
                      Usually it's just the few miles I walk the dog. Better than nothing I guess.
                      Good luck with the surgery QW. It is empowering to say I don't drink.
                      Yes, we are all stronger than we think.
                      24 more for all of us please!

Comment

5:09 in Vegas another 24 please
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

6:25am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                          [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] abcowboy

Comment

Golden light falls on the stalwart evergreens standing their silent vigil outside my window here in Jersey. 39 F at 8:20 am and I need to talk to someone about it being 63 f inside to start my day. Committing to another 24!

Best of luck with the surgery [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]!
                            “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                            Newbies Nest Roll Call
                            Toolbox
                            Cattleman Cafe

Comment

I really believe we have untapped strength deep within us, a strength that has been drown out by alcohol for so long. But once you reach inside and find that strength, the tables turn on alcohol. We all used alcohol to make us strong, make us funny, make us popular, or even help us get through the day. The funny thing is, that inner strength we all have accomplishes those same things, and a whole lot easier! Yes, we all are stronger than we think...

Comment

7:57 in Calgary, another 24 please.

Love the quote Cowboy!
                                Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                                "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Working...
                                X