Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Am I the first one up?! :happy2:

I liked yesterday's quote, too [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION], and pondered it in relation to how I myself have behaved during times of adversity. Looking back, I have moments am pleased with and some moments I wish I could go back and change. But, as that is not possible, I'll just try to learn and do better next time.

24 more, please.
    Last edited by dill; November 27, 2017, 07:36 AM.
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

24 4 me a quick one today

Comment

4:40 am in Vegas another 24 please
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

24 more please!

Comment

8:00 am here in cloudy, Blah upstate NY. Another 24 of sobriety though, and the sun will shine within me....

Comment

Hi Everyone!

Ha AB! the running "date" was a weekly meet up with a good friend of mine.. something we just started a couple of weeks ago. We meet up for a run and then go to a café to chat. Very nice.. but they don't have cinnamon rolls like you find here!:happy2:

Orimus, I agree.. great quote today, thanks..
              Jude, I love how much extra time I have now! I was just thinking yesterday as I realised how easy it is now to get done the things I need to get done. Ok, if I'm tired or don't feel like doing something, I don't (if it's not important).. but not because I don't have the time! When I think back to having wasted 6 hours (at least) a day drinking, watching dumb tv and then passing out.. I always remind myself of that when I begin to think, "I'm not sure I have time for that"!
              Today I made it to the tax office and was able to get into another bracket which will save me some money.. something I probably wouldn't have made it to do if I'd been drinking.. little things.

so here's to 24 more AF hours..

wishing you all a nice Monday!
              Last edited by lifechange; November 27, 2017, 08:05 AM.

Comment

6:50am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] abcowboy

You know what they say about the early bird Dill!

I suspect Nar is back from Vancouver, hope the trip was great and your daughter is doing fine as well!

You a football fan QW? Mitchell threw away that Grey Cup!
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

That's a very fast worm!

Comment

“There was a very cautious man
                    Who never laughed or played
                    He never risked, he never tried,
                    He never sang or prayed.
                    And when he one day passed away,
                    His insurance was denied,
                    For since he never really lived,
                    They claimed he never really died.

(Anonymous poem)”
                    ― John C. Maxwell, Developing the Leader Within You

45 f and sunny here in NJ. Committing to another 24!
                    “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                    Newbies Nest Roll Call
                    Toolbox
                    Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Love that one, Orimus..

Comment

Originally posted by lifechange View Post
                        That's a very fast worm!
                        Must be on steroids...

Comment

Another 24 please, 3:40pm in Calgary
                          Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                          "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Another 24 please.

Granddaughter’s birthday party was a blast. And no one drank!!

You’re right Cowboy - Mitchell threw away the Grey Cup. Remind you of last weeks Battle of Alberta?

QW
                            Last edited by Quit wining; November 27, 2017, 08:40 PM.
                            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Checking in for 24 more please. And sending love to all who enter here. Great poem Ori.
                              Last edited by Marylou123; November 27, 2017, 10:01 PM.
                              Mary Lou

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. Winston Churchill

Comment

Hello again !
                                The weekend was a bit of a whirlwind and didn’t get a chance to get on here. So want to say hi! And address all those who wrote me directly.
                                Lifechange thanks for saying such kind things. Balance. That’s the key. And that never actually sunk in until I read your post. Thank you. I am going to be more mindful of balance in my life this week. That’s my goal.

Dill - you’re so right. The next step is definitely resentment and I’ve found that’s beginning to happen! Especially when talks of money comes about. But I am going to try and appreciate the good people that I do have around me at work. And just my life in general. There’s more to life than just work. And I need to appreciate what I do have. The things that make me pull through the day!

Quit wining - thank you for your kind words ! I will continue to push on and persevere. I hope you are too !

So thank you for all that gave me well wishes and great advice. I appreciate it. And I am just going to continue on.
                                It’s 10:17 in Toronto. Cold. No snow though. I would like some snow. I need it to feel Christmasy!!
                                Hope everyone is doing well.
                                Another 24 please. :-)

Comment

Working...
                                X