No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great quote Ori, not sure if I got it wrong 10,000 times, but it was getting up there lol. It's a good message though, I didn't fail all those times, I just wasn't doing something right...
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Got the rain, sleet, and snow coming our way too, Jude, just not as much snow. Weather people here can't say how much. They never can. Just one to six inches.
      I can fix many things on cars, just not really set-up to do so, and I don't like doing it. I change my own oil and brake pads, the rest I leave to the shop.
      Wow, Cowboy that's an expensive repair! Sounds like transmission, drive train issues. Still cheaper than a new one! All my cars are old, the baby, a 2004, has 170,000 miles.
      Working today, busy.
      24 more please!

Comment

It was a few issues that needed looking after Mr V, and there's a long 2 week story behind it, but the biggest expense was the $7000.00 dollars to put a used 2015 motor in...
        Last edited by abcowboy; January 12, 2018, 09:01 AM.
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Another 24 hours, please & thank you!

Jude, I’ve been looking forward to this Mexico trip since last August when I booked it. We’ve had some nasty winter weather recently but Tuesday when we fly, the temp is to be +7C or 44F. We’re getting -30’s weather today but up to freezing tomorrow. As Cowboy knows, Albertan’s favourite saying about the weather is If you don’t like it, wait 15 minutes and it’ll change!

When we lived in eastern Ontario we did our winter escapes to Dominican Republic and Jamaica. Since moving west, Mexico has become our favourite destination. Jude, you’d love the weather, the water and the people (locals, not necessarily the tourists!). I hope you survive the wintry mix that’s in your forecast today!

QW
          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Yesterday turned into a microwave marathon for us! Our built in microwave quit working last week. We ordered one and it was delivered day before yesterday. While installing it, Mr. D realized he had misread one of the product dimensions. It therefore didn't fit properly! So we boxed it up and returned it to Home Depot yesterday. They were gracious enough to allow us to return it! But then began the quest to find one that would fit. Couldn't find one at Home Depot so we tried Sears, Lowes, Best Buy next. Found one that would work at Lowes, but not available at the Lowes we were at so we had to go to another Lowes! Meanwhile the weather set in and by the end of the day we were driving on slick roads. Lots of cars in ditches or worse as we made our way carefully home. Then began the installation. It did not go smoothly. However, after much effort, we now have a new built in microwave installed! Couldn't have done that and been drinking, that's for darn sure!

24 more please and thank you!
            Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

7:39 am here in N.Y. with heavy snow (2-3 inches per hour in some spots) and 12 degrees F. Yesterday we had a high of 62 degrees! QW and cowboy...I guess the weather here is similar to Alberta, probably not as cold though. As the saying goes, if you don't like the weather today, wait until tomorrow.

Hope that everyone has a great day!

Here's to another 24 hrs and thank you!

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY COWBOY!!! Would have posted a big cake here for you, but I'm not sure how to do that yet....must learn! Anyway, have a great day!!:congratulatory:

Comment

Happy birthday Cowboy! 5:33 am in Vegas another 24 please
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

6:40am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                    [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=1075]jude[/MENTION] [MENTION=23019]tonyniceday[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Thanks Jude & Pauly! No cake needed, still enough Christmas chocolates hanging around here lol

LC, hope you and the girls made it home safe and sound!

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                    Last edited by abcowboy; January 13, 2018, 08:52 AM.

Comment

:yay::yay:Happy Birthday, [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]!:yay::yay: May your wishes come true!

I have a tech question. Do you know if there is any way to set an alert to notify when activity is taking place in chatbox? Is there and easy way to have it open in a separate window? I have looked in settings but if it was there, I didn't see it. Thanks!
                      Last edited by dill; January 13, 2018, 09:09 AM.
                      Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Thanks for the birthday wishes dill! I've never found a way to get notified about chatbox activity. If I'm going to be in MWO for a while and want to keep an eye on the chatbox, I just open the chatbox in another browser tab, then switch back and forth....

Sounds like you and Mr D had quite the day yesterday lol.
                        Last edited by abcowboy; January 13, 2018, 09:24 AM.

Comment

Another 24 hours, please & thankyou!

Happy Birthday Cowboy! I hope you have a great day!!! How old are you in Celsius?

Jude, one of the big differences in climate between here and where you are, is how dry it is here. In this part of Alberta, we’re 3,200 feet above sea level. Having lived in both climates, I would suggest that -30F here is about the same as 0 F there. And in the summer, we very seldom get humidity with warm temps.

Dill, glad you and your husband were able to get the new microwave installed after all that nasty driving you had to go through.

Have a great af day everyone! Just realized, today is Day 180! That went much better than I thought it would back in the beginning!

QW
                          Last edited by Quit wining; January 13, 2018, 10:00 AM.
                          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Thanks QW, I’m sweet 16C! lol (61F)

Comment

Sunny and cold! Only 2 inches of snow here. To listen to the weather people around here, we were going to be buried until summer, so ridiculous.
                              And the crowds gather for Cowboy's birthday celebration!
                              Happy birthday, Cowboy!
                              24 more here please.

Comment

Thanks [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], that's pretty much what I figured with the opening in a separate browser but I just thought there might be something simple that I was just missing somehow!

Big congrats, [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]! 180 days is awesome!!!

[MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION], I totally agree! The weather forecasters are ridiculous with their doomsday predictions! You get to the point where you don't take them seriously and BAM! That's when the weather really kicks in! LOL Nice party you've organized for Cowboy! Can't wait for him to cut the cake!:happy2:
                                Last edited by dill; January 13, 2018, 11:05 AM.
                                Dill

Comment

Working...
                                X