~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

NoraC posted this today in the Nest and it hit the spot for me.. so a repost.
    ""i can’t decide if i like a new thing, or not, until it’s well underway. i can’t decide on day 3, when i’m tired. i know the first week of anything is hard. for me, being tired makes me hate my life (warning). So we do one hard day. then do another. get some sleep. You make the decision to assess itlater. we can’t decide now if it’s worthwhile, while it’s still hard. individual moments are hard. the collected time is lovely. when you look back on it, you see all the achievements, the friends, the connections, the memories, the honest stuff.""- Belle-Tired of thinking about drinking.

10:37 and sunny, but freezing. Here's to 24 more af hours!
    Last edited by lifechange; January 15, 2018, 04:37 AM.

Comment

7:10 am Subzero temps, but no wind or snow so it's tolerable. Here's to another 24!

LC hope that you are settling in after your trip...it must feel good to be home!

Comment

Cold and a few more inches of snow. More expected later today.
        Going to shovel. Day off for Mrs V and myself. Time for a movie!
        24 more please!

Comment

Yes, more snow! But I think I heard we are going to have a "warm up" in our area in the next few days, [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION]!

I have been enjoying the company of my 6yo granddaughter over night. Such a delight! Glad to be af so I can enjoy and remember are bedtime talks.:happy2:

I'll have 24 more, please.
          Last edited by dill; January 15, 2018, 08:02 AM.
          Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Thanks, Jude.. I am half happy to be home. A bit heavy hearted. But I'll be fine in a couple of days when I'm back to the usual.
            Mr. V, enjoy the movie! That sounds like a great idea.
            Dill, I love bedtime talk. It is to be cherished especially with the little ones.. still, with my 13 year old, I get some of the best conversations right before falling asleep and just upon waking. I'm happy you get to have that with your granddaughter..

Comment

6:30am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
              [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=22695]Inthesky[/MENTION] abcowboy

Any news on the little one Pauly?

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good to see you back [MENTION=22695]Inthesky[/MENTION]! You had a pretty good stretch going before you got derailed, anything you want to talk about? Obviously you need to make some changes because if nothing changes, then nothing changes. Something [MENTION=11704]Byrdlady[/MENTION] said a long time ago sticks with me everyday, pulling away from your support can only lead one place. After 3 years of sobriety, I still log in here everyday. Do I need to in order to stay AF? I don't know, but I'm not willing to take the chance. Sure, there are days that I don't have much to say, but logging in, checking in, and reading around for a few minutes gets me in the right frame of mind to tackle my day. I remember what my Uncle told me when I first quit; early in your sobriety it's important to spend as much time on your quit as you did on your drinking. We always found or made the time to drink, so we can always find or make the time to get help and support. I know you're a fighter, so let's get to working on a quit that sticks.... :hug:
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I always like reading everyone's daily quotes, and you're getting in some good ones LC!

Comment

6:04 am in Vegas another 24 please Cowboy the hospital messed up and she won't be induced til Wednesday
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours, please & thank you times 12.

Bags are packed, the dog is booked into the Howliday Inn until the 27th, I think I’m all set for Mexico.

Wifi is available at the resort so I’ll be checking in as technology and time allows!

Be safe, stay strong and to our American friends, Happy MLK Day.

QW
                      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Another 24 please! It happens every time that I try to not make myself accountable...didn’t take the 5 minutes to check in for a few days and I derail. I need to keep this positive track going and just make myself number 1 and stop letting myself down. Thanks for all having my back and standing behind me. Cowboy I will send you a PM. Again thank you for keeping my eyes wide open and the words of wisdom.

Comment

We’re all here for you Sky!

Thanks for keeping us informed Pauly, fingers crossed for Wednesday & Thursday!! Sounds to me like you and hubs are more than exceptional parents and grandparents!!
                          EDIT: Just read your ABS post, fingers crossed for tonight and good news to follow tomorrow!
                          Last edited by abcowboy; January 15, 2018, 10:16 PM.

Comment

""People often talk about trying to hold back their tears, but as human beings, we should take pride in our capacity to be sad and happy. We musn't ignore the preciousness of our human birth or take it for granted. It is extremely precious and very powerful. We cannot ignore our basic human endowment.""- Chögyam Trungpa

A friend gave me a small book of "hints" from this Tibetan meditation teacher.. I've been a master in my life of burying, ignoring, denying difficult situations/thoughts/emotions.. pushing things away. And then of course they keep coming back. So learning to look directly at these things, to understand, accept and forgive..to let them come and then go, to be less judgemental of myself (and therefore others) is the process I'm in. Also learning that I'm not a failure if I have a couple down days..I don't need to pretend like everything is always fine. Acceptance.

It's 12:24 here and we've got about 12 shades of gray going on outside. But I'm stone cold sober! and for that I'm grateful as grateful can be.. here's to 24 more af hours for us all..
                            Last edited by lifechange; January 16, 2018, 06:28 AM.

Comment

LC Great post and I couldn't agree with you more. My head has been buried in the sand for years, but I am slowly but surely getting unstuck. I suspect that those words will come back to me many times today. Thank you.

6:30 am and the start of another 24 hours AF. For that I am so grateful.

Comment

Single digit cold and more snow.
                                Gotta go shovel so Mrs. V can get to work, lol
                                24 more for all of us please!

Comment

Working...
                                X