• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

4:52 am in Vegas another 24 please
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

6:15am in Alberta, back for 24 more please and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=23019]tonyniceday[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

29F with a light dusting of snow here at the abode.
        24 more please.

Comment

9:32 am here in Jersey, 40f pretty gray out there. Feeling ornery as @#$!. I've spent the last four years implementing a system at work and this guy that's been with us a few months has been pushing to replace the whole damn thing. No significant justification, not a good ROI but for political reasons my team decided to let the vendor demo their system without asking my opinion first after I did the research when he mentioned it the first time I met him. Said they want to throw him a bone to keep him on our side instead of realizing their not throwing him a bone - their giving him legs! And now an old system that was shut down a while ago and I'm now working on putting a new implementation in place - their asking me questions about it because they think that it's still running! Again, there is no communication and the ones that I did share when we first discussed the project seemed to have fallen on deaf ears. For @%#!* sake!

Still significant muscle tension so between it complicating my sleep as well as the tension itself I'm sure my cortisol levels are pretty elevated. This @$#! should not be bothering me since it's senseless bull@$!%.

Anyway, no reason to drink. It would only make things worse and so close to a year .... committing to another 24!
          “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
          Newbies Nest Roll Call
          Toolbox
          Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Well, I guess I have to start getting up earlier or change my posting habits. After almost a year Bubba decided to go back to work and got herself a new job! That’s good I guess, but her start time is 7:45am so it’s playing havoc with our old morning routine. And I have to make my own lunch now on top of it all lol. Think the answer is just get out of bed when Pauly does, do you do wake-up calls Pauly lol. You guys on the east coast are way to early for me! Anyway, Bubba’s new job is full time part time. 3 days one week, 2 days the next, so it’ll still give her the time for her Church activities. Her new job is Office Administration at the Mental Health Unit working for the psychologists and addictions counsellors of all things!

Just going to talk about a few people before I go start supper, yep, another duty back in my lap again. But, I do like to cook and now I have more say in what’s for supper!

QW, your snow dance finally worked! We’re supposed to get close to 10” over the next 3 days and it’s coming down right at the start of calving season for many of the area farmers!

Mr V, 2 beers!! What’s with that?? I guess that’s what normal drinkers can get away with lol, that what's I called a sampler!

Ori, I’ll bet you’re pretty proud of the birthday you have coming up in a few short days! I know the rest of us will be here to celebrate with you! Well done my friend!

[MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION], good on you for coming right back! Now you have to think of ways to shore up your plan so it doesn’t happen again. We all expect you back here in the Club and Café! You don’t get out of your weekly rotation that easy! Remember, you can do it, let us help….

Last edited by abcowboy; January 25, 2018, 07:51 AM.
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Well just slipped in to Thursday but anyway I'll still have another 24 please, and may they be easier than the last 2 days....Please God

Comment

Another 24 for me too! The hurricane that I call my life is finally making a turn, just stormy right now. I just keep reminding myself that sometimes when things are falling apart they may actually be falling into place.

Comment

Another 24 hours, please & thank you.

Late check in for me as internet connection has been spotty.

I mentioned the beer drinkers at breakfast the other morning. Today I noticed there is actually a full, self service bar in the restaurant! A few people were filling up their oversized beverage containers - I’m guessing 20-24 ounces - before heading to the beach! Krikey! Can’t imagine sitting in the hot Mexican sun and drinking like that. Glad it isn’t me!

Glad the snow dance finally worked Cowboy!

QW
                  AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                  F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

9:19 here and I'm really ready for 24 af hours. Thank you for the perfect quote yesterday, Jude.. I appreciate it very much.

Comment

7.27 p.m. in Oz. Beautiful weather here today. A little windy, so lucky i applied some extra strength Tarzan grip adhesive to the toupee. Another glorious 24hrs please referee!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

"If you hear a voice within you say ‘you cannot paint,’ then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.” – Vincent Van Gogh

Good Morning all.....17 degrees F here in N.Y. with light snow. I'll take another 24 with a side of gratefulness please!

Comment

Thanks for the updates from Mexico, @Quitwining. The scenarios you described were somewhat repulsive for me to think about which means that I have definitely made a paradigm shift in my thinking! A couple of years ago I wouldn't have thought anything was wrong with it. They are on vacation after all, what's the harm?! Now I know the harm it would be for me personally. That, plus the very idea has no appeal to me what so ever. Yup! Paradigm shift!

[MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], you hit it again today! Great quote! Translation: If you hear a voice within you that says 'you must have a drink', don't drink and that voice will be silenced.

[MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION], stick around. We need you as much as you need us!

21F here in Southern Ohio at 30 minutes before sunrise. Committed here to another 24.
                          Last edited by dill; January 25, 2018, 07:22 AM.
                          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

6:00am in Alberta, 24 for me please, and thanks..

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=23019]tonyniceday[/MENTION] [MENTION=22695]Inthesky[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

5:30 am in Vegas another 24 please
                              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Cold, but sunny this morning. A small warm-up coming for the next few days.
                                Sounds like a maddening situation at work Ori. Spinning their wheels in the mud. But it also sounds like something out of your control, maddening just the same.
                                All inclisive resorts used to have a draw, now not so much, lol.
                                24 more for us all please.

Comment

Working...
                                X