~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Up early today and thankfully, feeling good!

Good quote for today, Jude. I would rather grow flowers than cares which is why I am here again today, committing to 24.

QW, let's keep swimming! The alternative is not good at all....

Cowboy, thanks for the download link you sent in a PM. It worked!

I miss [MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION] and [MENTION=23850]empyr3al[/MENTION] as well as [MENTION=22385]ssd858[/MENTION] and [MENTION=22328]PanhandleKim[/MENTION]. I hope one day some of these folks return and will see that we are keeping the light on for them!
    Last edited by dill; March 1, 2018, 09:13 AM.
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

43f and cloudy here in Jersey at just after 7 am. Committing to 24!
      “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
      Newbies Nest Roll Call
      Toolbox
      Cattleman Cafe

Comment

6:15am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
        [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=24140]Crusader[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Well, [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] and [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION], not cool that you de-railed, but cool that you're not giving up! And even cooler that we now have quit twins in the Café! Lean on each other when you need it most, and it'll be cool to share with your victories and milestones together!

I haven't started reading the book Dill, but plan to do so in the near future!

We also have a winter storm warning Jude! Supposed to blow in tonight and go right through till Sunday, heavy snow, high winds, extreme windchills, and zero visibility! Might just stay home tomorrow lol.

The first of March, going to come in like a lion it appears, we're always good for 2 or 3 spring snowstorms and then spring arrives! It's going to be a great month not to drink!

Great seeing you stop by [MENTION=24140]Crusader[/MENTION]! There's lots of room, grab a chair and stay around for a while!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:33 am in Vegas,another 24 please
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Back home to steely grey skies and rain.
              dreary
              24 more please

Comment

Geez y'all, I almost forgot! We gotta give Mr V high fives today for reaching 3/4's of a year AF! Well done my friend!

Comment

Committing to another 24 hours!

Dill, we can do this.

It’s storming here again too. Like most of us in this part of the world, I am so tired of winter. We’ve been in the thaw/freeze cycle for a week and Monday while walking my 4 legged buddy I had a nasty fall on ice. Nothing broken but lots of chiropractic treatment needed. Speaking of which, off to my next appointment.

QW
                  AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                  F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Originally posted by Quit wining View Post
                    Committing to another 24 hours!

Dill, we can do this.

It’s storming here again too. Like most of us in this part of the world, I am so tired of winter. We’ve been in the thaw/freeze cycle for a week and Monday while walking my 4 legged buddy I had a nasty fall on ice. Nothing broken but lots of chiropractic treatment needed. Speaking of which, off to my next appointment.

QW
                    It sure didn't feel right clicking on the "like" button after reading about your fall, QW! I am liking your commitment, not your injuries! LOL! Take it easy out there buddy!
                    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

me, too, QW! hope you're back to normal asap!

Comment

[MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] I felt the same way clicking on like. We need an unlike button! button.

Comment

Thank you for the welcome and invite posts.

This is only day 14 for me, but I'd like to leave some links for reading that may help some of us. I've had my share of failed quits and reasons to boot, but I find this neuroplasticity topic very hopeful. It really explains why after so much time, the long term AF posters don't get so much temptation and why it gets easier. It is a useful tool of knowledge and explains why a relapse or slip can stop the rebuilding process in our pathways. It puts the science to it. They are learning so much about addiction, aging and mental disorders with this science, it's exciting.

The Brain That Heals Itself: Neuroplasticity and Promise for Addiction Treatment – Alta Mira Recovery

I'll leave some others at a later time. I can't find the other one right now. It's mixed in with a list of bookmarks.

Have a good night.
                          The Drunkards Progress. From the first glass to the grave...

Comment

it's 8:41 and a beautiful, sunny, freezing cold morning!
                            i'm set up on the sofa for another very quiet day.. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, but still have to take care. I want to be healthy!:happy2:
                            Crusader, thanks for the link.. I really liked the explanation and especially the easy-to-understand chart/illustrations. There was a quote from
                            Dr. Nora Volkow.. I remembered hearing a Tedtalk of her's ages ago so I looked up. I don't know about you all, but I can't hear this often enough. I love the reminders.. and it's all so positive. We CAN change and grow our brains. Amazing.
                            Wishing everyone a good af Friday..
                            Why do our brains get addicted? - YouTube

Comment

"There’s only us, there’s only this, forget regret, or life is yours to miss. No other road, no other way, no day but today."

— Jonathan Larson

Heavy snow here in N.Y., but we'll deal with it. What else are you going to do? Cowboy, I'd borrow your magic shovel but it sounds as though you are going to need it as well!

Happy Friday all! Asking for another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

GMAE all! 7:29 here in Jersey and it's a rainy 41f. Committing to another 24!
                                “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                                Newbies Nest Roll Call
                                Toolbox
                                Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Working...
                                X