~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Hi Everyone.. 8:00 and it's grey with black ice on the streets/sidewalks.. could almost iceskate to the recycling bin!
    I'm so relieved to be through the worst of being sick. So nice to come through on the other side..

Crusader, I hope you were able to get some sleep last night.. I know what you mean with the lack of sleep "hangovers".. I guess I don't usually have more than one bad night of sleep, though. At some point my brain gives in. I have a lot of empathy for people who really suffer with insomnia..
    Jude, thank you for sharing your relapse story.. I'm so glad to have you here..

So, here's to another 24af hours for all of us.. Let's make this a good week.:love:

Comment

Quiet Monday morning here with no snow in sight for awhile. Cowboy, I guess that you and QW can keep the shovel for a bit!

LC...glad that you are feeling a little better. :happy2:

Asking for another 24 please and thank you very much!

Comment

32f and blue skies here in Jersey at 7:20 am. Committing to another 24!
        “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
        Newbies Nest Roll Call
        Toolbox
        Cattleman Cafe

Comment

4:57 am and dark so I dunno what the weather is another 24 please
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Ori, does the star you are aiming for have a name? Or is it just a figurative star, an image in your mind?

QW and Cowboy, I read the description of the show, Alone. It sounds fascinating. I'm going to try to find a way to watch it. It did not appear to be in the Netflix List tho. But, it reminded me of a movie/documentary I saw years ago and if you haven't alredady seen it, I recommend it highly. It's called Touching the Void.

LC, I'm glad you are feeling better!!

I'm signing on for 24 more.
            Last edited by dill; March 5, 2018, 07:59 AM.
            Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

“I had no idea what time I’d left, how I’d gotten home, who’d been up here, and how long he, she, or they had stayed. Another night, added to the hundreds that had gone before, shrouded in mystery. Really, when you thought about it, it was creepy. My own life was a secret to me.”
              - Heather King

That was one of the things I hated most about my drinking; waking up the next morning wondering how I got home, what I did or said the night before. Yet, I continued drinking...

6:40am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
              [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24140]Crusader[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

-9C (13F) here this morning, looks cloudy as I couldn't see any stars, but the snow has moved over into Saskatchewan. The shovel is free for anyone who needs it lol.

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

32F and grey, rain on the way.
                Thankfully no shovel needed. Oh, wait, I need a shovel to clean out the garage, lol.
                Gotta google who is Heather King .
                But, so true.
                24 more here, please

Comment

Committing to another 24 hours.

No snow today but currently colder than a polar bear’s ear, -26C windchill. Enuf!

QW
                  AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                  F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

[MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], the star is figurative. Just the image of the life I choose/choose to create and the person I choose to be/become.
                    “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                    Newbies Nest Roll Call
                    Toolbox
                    Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Good Morning Cafe Members.

I posted in the Nest and am running quick now. I'll be back to read and comment when time permits. It's a busy day.

Committed to another 24. Today is day 18, a good night's sleep and feeling good.
                      The Drunkards Progress. From the first glass to the grave...

Comment

Crusader, I mixed you up with QW in an earlier post I think when I talked about the Alone series and suggested a good docudrama called Touching the Void. That comment was meant for you.

Mr. V, that's funny that you had to google Heather King bc I did the same! I'll be reading more of her material now that I've read about her on Wikipedia.

Thanks Cowboy for the good quote! I have never had that experience of not knowing how I got home but that's only owed to the fact that as I drank more and more I protected myself by just isolating and only drinking at home. I've had many many mornings when I could not recall the previous night tho and worried if I may've talked on the phone with anyone...if so, what on earth about! Ugh.
                        Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good thing I have a tractor at the farm!

And don’t think I’ll be starting my seeds anytime soon either!

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Cowboy, our street looks like that! In 5 years of living here, we’ve had our street plowed 3 times and not once this winter. I could have used your tractor to get out of our court today! Thank goodness winter will soon be over, right?

QW
                            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

I liked the quote yesterday Cowboy....so many of us can relate to it. It's pretty terrifying to wake up the next day and have no idea what happened the night before....so much time wasted.

Another quiet morning here in N.Y., expecting another nor'easter tonight and tomorrow, but I think that it's supposed to track far enough to the east of us to have much of an impact.
                              Another thing to be grateful for. :happy2:

Looks really cold up there QW and cowboy! Spring will get here eventually!

Here's to another 24 hours of being able to remember what happened the night before!

Comment

40F and rain.
                                That's a lot of snow up there, guys. I think we're done with it down south. Crocus and daffodils starting to bloom. A little early for the daffodils, but I'll take it.
                                24 more please.

Comment

Working...
                                X