~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

7:00 am and snowing in N.Y. Getting clipped by the Nor'easter, but it's the lake effect afterwards that's going to cause problems. When it's all said and done, another 10-15 inches on the ground. Thankfully, this event will be spread out over the next couple of days, so we won't get buried all at once. Need to borrow your shovel again cowboy! :eek-new:

Another great quote under your belt dill! Wise words indeed.....

Here's to another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

28F with the sun trying to poke through, just hints of orange and pink.
      Snagged some out of town work this week, might not be able to check-in, we'll see.
      24 more here please.

Comment

6:15am in Alberta, make it another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
        [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=24140]Crusader[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:27 am in Vegas,another 24 please
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good quote this morning [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]! I think that's why the first year of sobriety is celebrated so much, you get through the fear of going through all those "firsts" without drinking, first birthday, anniversary, wedding, etc. Once you've accomplished that, those fears aren't as big anymore! If you did it once, you can do it again...

I would love to tell you to keep the shovel [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], but I'm sure I'll need it back before spring gets here for good!

Well [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION], 3 reasons for going wood pellet grills over propane or briquette grills; they are safer, they are healthier, and you get to choose so many flavours your food can be cooked with!

A trick that Bubba and I use to help with time change is that we reset all our clocks before noon on the Saturday. Kinda tricking our mind during the day instead of waking up to the new time. It seems to help....
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:45 am here in N.Y. and surprise.......it's snowing! :sad: Snow or not, here's to another 24 hours and thank you!

Cowboy, I'll get your shovel back to you as soon as this "stuff" goes away!

Comment

“The beautiful spring came; and when Nature resumes her loveliness, the human soul is apt to revive also.”
                —Harriet Ann Jacobs

Spring will come, [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]. :happy2:We must be patient.

Humbly asking for 24 more, please and thank you.
                Last edited by dill; March 14, 2018, 05:22 AM.
                Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

25F this morning. Lots of snow squalls yesterday, intermixed with sunshine.
                  Leave for 4-5 day out of town.
                  24 more please.

Comment

5:06 am in Vegas,another 24 please
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

6:10am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                      [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

I realize spring will eventually get here unless the world stops turning lol. But then, the world stops for no one.... It can really play on your nerves when you keep waiting for something that you know will happen, but you just don't know when. Kinda like waiting for your quit that sticks, you know it will come, you just don't know when. But unlike the weather, we can do something about our quit that sticks getting here, but we can't do anything to change the weather. So rather than just sitting around and complaining about the late spring and all the snow, when was the last time you built a snowman? The sticky wet spring snow is perfect for that! Sorry Pauly, you've probably never built a snowman, but then again, I've never got a suntan in January lol.

Comment

9:49 am here in Jersey, 34f and the sun is shining under the threat of looming clouds. Committing to another 24!
                          “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                          Newbies Nest Roll Call
                          Toolbox
                          Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Committing to another 24 hours.

I missed checking in yesterday. I fell, again, on some snow covered ice and have two sprained wrists, sore knees, neck and back. I am so sick of this never ending winter! And tomorrow we’re to have more wonderful weather - rain, freezing rain and up to 15cms of snow.

On a positive note, I spoke with a roads supervisor and our cul de sac actually got levelled today! I feel like I won the lottery!

QW
                            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Sorry about your fall QW.....thankfully you didn't break any bones!

Comment

Oh QW, really sorry to hear about your fall.. hope you'll be feeling much better soon..
                                All of you with these crazy long winters.. hang in there! Do you at least have some signs of Spring? Early morning birds chirping? More daylight?
                                We don't have such a cold March/April, but we get drenched with rain.
                                Looking forward to another 24 af hours..
                                Have a good Thursday..

Comment

Working...
                                X