Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Morning Cafe.

It's officially day 30. Thanks Orimus, Pauly and love the quote Dill.

Nice looking breakfast, Cowboy. Yum! I'll save room for our Americanized or should I say kosher style dinner today.

Thanks, Lifechange. I've never used a warm water bottle, but the homeless here in America often do. I've been thinking of getting one for my survival kit. Of course, you can use heated rocks, too. Just don't burn off the skin with that use.

Happy St. Paddy's Day to all and a nice weekend of peace.
    Last edited by Crusader; March 17, 2018, 09:06 AM.
    The Drunkards Progress. From the first glass to the grave...

Comment

Another 24 hours, please and thank you!

Cowboy, is there no end to your culinary talents?

I expect there will be a lot of nasty hangovers tomorrow from green beer. No thanks! What a silly excuse to drink!

After shovelling the driveway yet again, I have now done more shovelling this winter than in the 4 previous years combined!

QW
      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

That brekkie sure looked good, AB! Thanks..
        It's 8:26 here and I'm running out the door to the gym.
        Glad you're feeling better enough to shovel snow, QW.. and here's to the end of Winter. At least by mid-week when Spring officially starts!
        Looking forward to the next 24 af hours.
        Have a lovely Sunday, everyone!

Comment

5:45 am on a clear, cold Sunday morning in N.Y. Yesterday was a day of yearning. In the past, St. Pat's day was a big excuse for me to get "bombed". As I was driving past a local pub, several people were outside painting a big shamrock in the road. Everyone was holding a drink and appeared to be having a great time. Man was I tempted to stop in and have a glass of wine. The AV was with me all day, but none more than in that moment. It took everything that I had to keep on driving, but I did. So thankful to be waking up with a clear head and conscious; it's so worth it!

Here's to 24 more please, and thank you!

Comment

St. Patrick's day was not a temptation for me. I maybe drank a green beer once or twice, but it wasn't a big temptation for me. Thankfully. [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], congrats on your triumph over the day! St. Patrick would be proud of you. I doubt that it would make him happy to learn that his legacy has devolved into a day of over indulgence!! He was a great man and really should be celebrated soberly.

I spent the day with the grandchildren. We made a garden stepping stone together which was fun, of course. No St. Patrick's day design or influence but we were sure to incorporate a bit of green in the decoration!

24 more, please.
            Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

6:45am in Alberta, 24 for me and anyone else who wants them please, and thanks..

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
              [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=24140]Crusader[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

39F and sunny, feels like spring!
                This Irish man made it through St. Patty's sober. We used to say, You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning. No thank you.
                Never did drink green beer, though.
                Just getting ready to sat my 14th straight day of work. I'll return home tonight when it's done, and not stopping in the bar to unwind, or worse, drinking the whole way home while driving.
                Way to go on one month Crusader!
                24 more please.
                Last edited by Mr Vervill; March 18, 2018, 07:59 AM.

Comment

I reckon I'd better get breakfast out before I go

Chef Google and I make quite a pair eh QW lol
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

6:24 am in Vegas another 24 please,,no St Patrick's for me yesterday,,I didn't even wear green
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

“The secret of change is to focus all of your energy not on fighting the old, but on building the new.”-Socrates

GMAE all! 10:08 am here in Jersey and the sun is shining. Committing to another 24!
                      “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                      Newbies Nest Roll Call
                      Toolbox
                      Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Good quote, [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION]! It does make sense to focus on the positive and on the new. The best is yet to come. Thanks!
                        Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Hello all - I had to drop in and say congratulations and well done everyone. And also to choose another 24.

I love that quote Orimus. Thank you. That statement was key to my path. I had to let the past go - it wasn't going to change but the future was going to be better. :heartbeat:
                          "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Another 24 hours please and thank you!

Just for a change, it snowed today so it was another workout with the shovel followed by the treadmill.

A friend in Nova Scotia who has endured 3 nor’easters in 10 days pointed out that our spring may only last a day and we’ll be right into summer. I sure hope so!

QW
                            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

It's 8:12 and freezing cold but sunny..
                              Here's to another 24 af hours!
                              Jude, I was really happy to read that you rode out those cravings.. very well done!:happy2:
                              Wishing everyone a lovely day.. and no more snow!

Comment

Good morning all!

5:30 am with a cool 20 degrees and quiet here in N.Y. Another brand new week stretches before me......thankful that I'm not starting it out feeling toxic. Asking for another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X