• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

5:45 am in Vegas,another 24 please
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

First day of spring, Vernal equinox at 12:15pm today. 2-5 inches of snow on the way here, lol!
      24 more please!

Comment

Happy first day of Spring..
        We finally got snow!! What's up with that craziness?:happy2:
        It's 7pm here and I'm about to hit the hay..Hope everyone has a wonderful 24af hours..
        xx
        Last edited by lifechange; March 20, 2018, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you!

My little buddy and I did the slip n slide around our 6km route this morning without incident. It warmed up to 9C this afternoon, 48F, although apparently still not warm enough for people to be running naked in the streets!

Hope everyone had/ is having a great af day!

QW
          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

9°C isn't too bad, QW!!
            We're having a gorgeous day, but expecting snow/Winter again tomorrow.. crazy..
            It is 11:00am and I'm happy to be in the middle of 24 af hours.. wishing you all a nice day.
            xx

Comment

“We do not describe the world we see. We see the world we can describe.”-Rene Descartes

GMAE all! 7:35 am here in Jersey and it looks like winter storm Toby forgot to pay us a visit although it looks like they're saying he is just running late. A cloud covered 35f. Committing to another 24!
              “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
              Newbies Nest Roll Call
              Toolbox
              Cattleman Cafe

Comment

22 degrees F, cloudy but no snow! Asking for another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Ori, you have been coming up with some really good quotes this week! Thanks!

A blanket of the white stuff this morning and some schools are delayed and some closed.

Here for another 24, no matter the weather!
                  Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

30F with about 4 inches of snow here. Not much on the roads though, too warm, most of it melted away. The trees however, are beautiful.
                    Only have a few hours of work today, yea!
                    24 more please.

Comment

5:09 am in Vegas,another 24 please
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

6:35am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

Another beautiful day forecast for today, but now it's supposed to start snowing tomorrow and continue to Sunday! At least this time of year it won't stick around long because the daytime temps slowly melt it away!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Must be sleepy this morning, I had to read Ori's quote a couple of times before I understood it lol. I used to think there wasn't much I could do about the world around me, and I don't think I really wanted to, all I wanted to do was leave well enough alone and open another beer!

I take it you don't get much snow LC, you're welcome to have a bunch of ours!

I wasn't dancing naked in the streets yesterday QW, but I did get to work outside with just my hoodie on! I think I can wash my insulated coveralls and put them away for the season!

I usually stop each morning at the local UFA fuel station and have coffee with the area farmers to hear all the latest. Most of them are grumbling about all the snow and how many acres we won't be able to seed because of water-filled potholes. All I have to do is remind them of the drought of '02 and say I don't mind seeding around standing water and even getting the rig stuck a few times!

Next week I'm going to be putting a cell signal booster in the calving barn for the farm boss, I'll see if I can't get a few pics of some newborn calves!
                          Last edited by abcowboy; March 21, 2018, 07:54 AM.
                          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Another mild day here and tomorrow the ice and snow is being removed from our street!

Hope everyone is having/had a great af day!

QW
                            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

This morning I stood out on the back porch for a few minutes, listening for the news from the surrounding hills. Today it was the coyotes song which filled the woods, and my dogs decided to add their voices to the chorus. No one was in tune, yet it was still haunting in its beauty.

24 degrees F and no snow expected today. Ahhhh.....

Looking forward to another 24 and thank you!

Comment

Thank you for that description Jude. I wish I could have heard that with you. You inspired me to step out on my deck. It's still dark outside and snow blankets the ground. There was complete silence from Mother Nature, but I did hear a car travelling in the distance. Not quite as special but yet it was nice to feel the stillness.

25 degrees and cloudy. May this be the last blast of winter! 24 hours, please and thank you!.
                                Last edited by dill; March 22, 2018, 05:17 AM.
                                Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Working...
                                X