Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

An uneventful day here, mild at last with decent walking conditions. Think I might be wearing out my 4 legged walking partner though as all she has done since our meander is sleep! She has a nicer life than I do!!

Hope everyone is having a great af day!

QW
    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Green peppers stuffed with hamburger and rice, cooking slow on the stove in a ketchup and corn starch sauce, house cleaned, groceries bought and put away, sitting in my favourite chair watching the women’s curling. Can’t think of a better way to spend a sober Saturday!

Great quotes this week Ori, thank you!! My life’s greatest gift is my sobriety and I often think it was my destiny to become a drunk, find sobriety, then try and help others find what I have. But sharing and supporting y’all is a gift all on it’s own!
      Last edited by abcowboy; March 24, 2018, 06:47 PM.
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Recipe please Cowboy!

QW

24/7/365

Comment

Grandpa's Filled Peppers

I’m not too good at giving out recipes unless it’s one I’ve gotten off the internet or from a cookbook lol. The original “filled peppers” were actually made by my paternal grandfather and he taught my mom how to make them lol. I learned from her and now my son has learned from me!

4 large green (yellow or orange, red, whatever your preference) peppers hollowed out
          2lbs ground beef (or whatever ground “meat” you want)
          2 cups cooked rice (I use Basmati)

Brown hamburger and let cool then mix with the cooked rice. Then stuff the mixture into the peppers. Any leftover can be just added to the sauce.

½ cup ketchup mixed into 1.5 cup water, then poured into the pot. Set the peppers in the pot and bring the sauce to a boil. Then add in a corn starch or flour paste to lighten the ketchup mixture to taste. Turn down heat and simmer till peppers are soft. (around 45 minutes)

That’s about as close as I can get to an actual recipe lol.

Just a hint, use a bigger pot than I did as I wasn’t able to move the peppers around or stir the sauce lol. You'll also see 1 pepper is missing, Bubba and I find that 1 cut in half is enough for both of us!
          Last edited by abcowboy; March 24, 2018, 09:25 PM.
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Can’t wait to try this Cowboy! Our middle son is a trained chef and butcher. So much of what I attempt is second nature to him so when I get a chance to cook for him, having something new is a bonus.

QW

24/7/365

Comment

All quiet on the back porch this morning. The only thing I heard was the creek running down below, which is music in itself.

20 degrees F, and happy to report no snow on the horizon!

The stuffed pepper recipe looks awesome cowboy, might be what's for dinner tonight!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Ori, thanks for a week of great quotes! Much appreciated. I didn't comment often but I did take them in and think about them.

Cowboy, I'm not a fan of stuffed peppers, but if I were I'm sure yours would be fantastic!

Jude, I love your porch reports! I haven't ventured out this morning yet. Still in my pj's and it's pretty nippy out there!

24 more, please and thank you.
                Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

[MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]....I think of you now every morning when I do my porch check!

Comment

""The past like the future is indefinite and exists only as a spectrum of possibilities."-- Stephen Hawking
                    I love to think about a spectum of possibilities.. Mostly if I'm feeling down it's because I'm getting too caught up in my small little world.. As soon as I change my perspective, begin to think about the Universe for instance, I'm back in reality.
                    Ori, I also loved the quotes this week.. thank you.
                    I always begin my day here (even if I don't post right away!) and the quotes help give me direction.
                    It's 2:35pm and it's a gorgeous Spring day with sunshine and warmth..
                    Here's to another 24 af hours for all of us!

Comment

6:45am in Alberta, 24 for me and for anyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                      [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Got breakfast up and ready, so dig in y'all..

Comment

5:55 am in Vegas,another 24 please and hoping its not windy today like yesterday!
                          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

30F with fresh snow on the ground. It snowed all day yesterday, but very little accumulation because it was so warm. Nothing stuck to the roads and walks, but about 2-3 inches on the grass. It will melt today as highs predicted in the 40's with sunshine.
                            24 more please.

Comment

I enjoy cooking as well [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]! And I even dabble in a bit of baking; bread, buns, etc. I haven’t mastered cookies or cakes, unless they come from a box lol. If I try from scratch, something invariably goes wrong!

No hanging around outside for me in the mornings ladies, I’m always still in my housecoat when Hank needs to go out for his morning business. But when we’re out at the farm, even though I’m in my housecoat there as well, I take my coffee out with me and sit in one of the glider chairs while Hank runs around doing his thing. It’s a peaceful time of day to just relax and reflect.

I agree with you about the wind [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION], the only time I welcome a bit of a breeze is when it’s stifling hot outside. For some reason, the wind always makes the weather seem worse! Although wind is good at harvest time, helps dry out the crops and blows the dust away from the front of the combine making it easier to see.

I thought for a while about your quote this morning [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION]. Funny thing how drinking and being sober have so many parallels! One day at a time worked both ways, all I thought of was having enough beer to get me through the day. I wasn’t worried about the next day, just wanted to have the time and money to drink through the day. The only time I thought of the past is when the drunk depression set in, then all I thought of were the sad things that happened to me. I never thought of the future because I didn’t think I had much of a future, all I needed was beer and a quiet place to drink it.

Now, I don’t dwell on the past, there is nothing I can do about it except make amends for all the terrible things I did while drinking. I just need to be grateful for today, and just concern myself with getting through the next 24 hours sober. The future, well, now I think I just might have a future if the Good Lord is willing. I can actually plan ahead for a bit, try and accomplish some things that I want to do while I’m still on this side of the grass. What will tomorrow bring? I don’t know. But I do know that I’m better equipped to deal with it now that I’m sober!

It's Palm Sunday today for those who follow the Bible and its teachings. And just like the people of Jerusalem opened their city up to the Saviour, all we have to do is open our minds and hearts to the Saviour. It took me a long time to understand that simple thing, but it worked for me…
                              Last edited by abcowboy; March 25, 2018, 08:56 AM.

Comment

10:12 am here in Jersey and weather.com is telling me it should be cloudy but the view out my window is of clear blue skies if a bit chilly at 38f. Committing to another 24!
                                “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                                Newbies Nest Roll Call
                                Toolbox
                                Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Working...
                                X