~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

8:02 am here in Jersey on a dim Tuesday morning, 31f. Committing to another 24!

Why Is Orange Snow Falling Across Eastern Europe?
    Last edited by Orimus; March 27, 2018, 07:05 AM.
    “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
    Newbies Nest Roll Call
    Toolbox
    Cattleman Cafe

Comment

I think we all have things in our past that we are ashamed of [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], and not all were caused by our drinking. I did some things that I truly regret before alcohol took over my life. I was the "black sheep" of the family, in more ways than one. Of the 4 boys in the family, I was the only one who moved away from home and there's many, many things that happened that I wasn't home for, or to help out with. I used to use those memories as an excuse to drink, not being the son or brother that I should have been. But I can't go back and change things, I can only hope my 2 brothers and my mom and dad are looking down on me now and saying "you go boy, you got it right now" and the love I still feel for them strengthens me each day to be the person they can be proud of.

I remember when Bubba and I got married on a hillside in the Rocky Mountains, we had a "camping wedding". Everyone came in their campers and motorhomes. We had reserved a full section of campsites in one of the many parks around Banff. The "reception" was held around the campfire, and the "dance" was song books made by Bubba and I passed out to everyone for a singalong. I'm not much of a singer, but I picked out one song and sang a solo to my mom as I sat beside her. It was "Mama Tried" by Merle Haggard, tears flowed from both of us as I sang that song to her. Years later she told me it was the highlight of the day for her as she thought in some way she had failed me! It is one of my drinking memories I'll cherish forever....
      Last edited by abcowboy; March 27, 2018, 08:08 AM.
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

almost 9pm.. a bit of a late check in for me today..
        ""may your choices reflect your hopes, not your fears..""- Nelson Mandela

short, sweet and to the point.
        Here's to another 24 af hours for us all!

Comment

Late check-in today.
          Until recently, I'd only heard the Grateful Dead's version of Mama Tried, Cowboy.
          Dill, City View Tavern is still around, Here's a photo I took of it a few years back.
          24 more here please!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you!

An uneventful day, sunny and warm. So nice to see the snow banks recede!!! About time!

QW
            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

51 degrees and light rain here. A nice spring like morning!

Never heard that song before so looked it up on YouTube. It must've made your mom really happy when you sang that for her cowboy. That was a true gift.

Excellent quote, LC.

24 more please and thank you.
              Last edited by dill; March 28, 2018, 06:37 AM.
              Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

38 degrees with light rain here. Things were pretty quiet on the back porch this morning, so nothing exciting to report. Hope that all are well in the land of sobriety, and have a great day.

Your wedding sounds awesome cowboy! I'm sure that your parents and brothers would be proud of who you are today!

Asking for 24 more please and thank you!

Comment

53F and rain. 2-4 inches of rain expected in the next 48 hours.
                  24 more please.

Comment

38f and the clouds are concealing the sunlight here in Jersey at 7:51 am. Committing to another 24!
                    “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                    Newbies Nest Roll Call
                    Toolbox
                    Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Ugghhh.....that's a lot of rain Mr. V!

Comment

6:15am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

Cooler this morning, and going to get a lot colder by the weekend! Glad your snowbanks are disappearing QW because ours are growing! Shovelled again yesterday and it's snowing this morning! That is a lot of rain Mr V, but at least you don't have to shovel it lol. Hopefully there won't be any flooding...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                        Last edited by abcowboy; March 28, 2018, 07:17 AM.
                        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

So what's everyone's plans for the Easter long weekend? It'll be a bit quiet for Bubba and I, youngest daughter from Calgary will be coming home, staying out at Adam's and joining us for brunch on Saturday morning, then Bubba and I will be going to Vegreville for Easter Sunday. We're both working Easter Monday, so no 4 day weekend for us. One thing is for sure though, there'll be no booze involved for the Easter celebrations!

Comment

5:31 am in Vegas,another 24 please!
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Morning Cafe Members...day 41.

I thought I'd drop by and say hello and leave something here I posted in the nest yesterday.

Doorways

Choice is the most powerful tool we have.
                              Everything boils down to choice.
                              We exist in a field of infinite possibilities.
                              Every choice that we make shuts an infinite number of doors
                              and opens a number of infinite doors.
                              At any point we can change the direction of our lives by a simple choice.
                              It is all in our hands, our hearts, and our minds.

I hope you are all well and finding joy in your lives.

Love and hugs.
                              Last edited by Crusader; March 28, 2018, 11:24 AM.
                              The Drunkards Progress. From the first glass to the grave...

Comment

""That breath that you just took.. that's a gift."" --Rob Bell

I'm honestly not googling "shortest quotes ever" this week.:happy2: Just seems like it..
                                So nice to hear everyone sounding well.. despite the weather! We also had snow today and are meant to have a pretty yucky weekend.
                                But we will make it cozy and nice.. No big plans here, AB, but we always make hot cross buns, colour eggs, I still hide chocolate around the house for the girls.. and we'll have some sort of a nice meal on Sunday. Here, all the shops are closed Friday, Sunday and Monday.. you'd think the city was getting ready for a lock down.. which I guess it sort of is and that's what it feels like. Stressy shopping!

Hugs to all! xx

Comment

Working...
                                X